Author Topic: they should have made TPM the "cartoon" series  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
they should have made TPM the "cartoon" series
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:49 PM »
and started the movies with "AOTC" I think the things that happen between "AOTC" and "ROTS" much more important and interesting as to why Anakin turns to the Dark Side.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: they should have made TPM the "cartoon" series
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 04:35 PM »
While I think TPM is the best of the prequels, I agree, it should never had been made as it is. Starting with the Clone Wars would have been very satisfying on many levels.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 05:04 PM »
yeah man, The clone wars movie would be awesome!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 04:02 AM »
I was talking wth my buddy, a SW fan but not die-hard like on these sites, about how I think you could have rearranged the films having seen the CW toons in their entirety and how they fit within the prequal trilogy, and I was surprised (he's generally the kinda guy who likes SW but kind of enjoys picking on me for liking it "too much") he agreed with me.

For me, I'd have gone with this formula...

-AOTC would have been Episode 1...  Have Anakin found as a teen, Luke's age or so (draws a stronger parallel IMO and explains Yoda's reluctant desire to train Luke at that age if Ani had proven such a mistake), and have him trained by QGJ and Obi-Wan...  QGJ dies by Dooku's hand.  Eliminate the Darth Maul character totally or have Sidious toying with two pawn Sith Lord apprentices and do away with "There's only ever 2" crap or have them unaware of each other even.

-Clone Wars takes over as Episode 2...  Develope a single story to fill the 3 years of war (or at least portions of that 3 years, and still have cartoons filling these other gaps) that show Anakin's growth and rebellious nature to Obi-Wan, with the war sort of pushing them apart, his love of Padme developing (TPM didnt' do much for it IMO), etc...

-E3 leave it pretty much as-is with the war's end.

If you want, do an animated series that can include the podrace as something Anakin did in his youth that showed his ability...  Have Jar Jar's asinine behavior more focused in the toon that sort of replaces TPM...  Have it be short stories, not one long continuous one, and not intertwining characters like Obi-Wan, QGJ, and ANakin...  Just instead showing their earlier adventures each on their own.

That's just my thinking on it, in a brief format...  I think it would have made for a much more powerful Prequal trilogy myself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I think another idea that would have made the series a bit better would have been to play up the love triangle angle with Obi wan Padme and Anakin. It makes sense that Padme would be at least a little attracted to some one closer to her age (or older) and it would make Obi wan slightly more culpable in Anakin's fall. Maybe just an unspoken kind of attraction between Obi wan and PAdme that Anakin picks up on, nothing more.

Offline DarthDooku

• Youngling
  • They want you to spy on me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 11:49 PM »
yea making tpm was unneccesary it went nowhere
Search for the exlax I must constipated I am-Master  Yoda