Author Topic: For Sale: LEGO Clone Building Event Kit  (Read 11198 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
For Sale: LEGO Clone Building Event Kit
« on: April 14, 2003, 01:03 PM »
This is a set that is very near and dear to me, unfortunately I am in need of the cash, and it has to go.

Here is what is for sale: This is a LEGO Clone Building Event set from the WalMart Jedi Training Academy event held in May of 2002 to celebrate Attack of the Clones.

You get:
150 complete LEGO Clonetrooper minifigs (this comprises one complete kit, which is very hard to come by)
150 LEGO blasters for Clonetroopers (each is made of one black loudhailer and one 1x1 transparent light blue plate, the same as the blasters with the AT-TE set)
1 "LEGO Clone Building Event" event box. This box is what held the pieces, and has a clonetrooper helmet shaped cutout in the top. You were supposed to reach down and grab pieces, and see how many clones you could assemble in 60 seconds. This is what makes a complet set hard to come by. Even though they weren't supposed to, many stores gave away Clonetrooper minifigs as prizes if kids played the game.

Here is an older picture, please note that the green baseplate is not included, but a larger grey baseplate, greate for displaying all of the figures, is included. The box is in either very good near mint condition or mint condition, Im no grader. Also note, while they are not pictured, the blasters are included:

I am selling this entire kit for $750.00, which basically comes to $5.00 per figure. I realize the price is high, but it is less than what I had to pay to complete it, and it is still reasonable for a very rare complete set from this event.

Please email me at adamclowe@earthlink.net if you're interested.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: For Sale: LEGO Clone Building Event Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 06:44 PM »
Is that an actual box/kit made by LEGO?  Where did you get this?  I've just never heard of such a thing before.  WOW!
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 10:23 PM »
This was part of an official Hasbro/LEGO/Frito Lay Star Wars promotional event, held at Wal Mart stores in mid May of 2002 (on the 18th I believe). The event was called the "Jedi Training Academy", and had little game stations to test your Jedi Skills. I was able to get the entire Wal Mart promotional kit, this is just a portion of it. The big part is a 5 foot tall, three sided "building" with electronics, where you use electronic lightsabers and hit lights on enemies as they blink.

This piece is from the LEGO Clone Building section. You were supposed to reach into the box and build as many Clone minifigs as possible in 60 seconds.

A complete set consists of 150 clonetroopers, but they are few and far between. I had to purchase a second set to build one complete set. Some stores lost pieces, some gave them away. Each store was under very strong orders by LEGO to immediately destroy all of the pieces following the event; some made their way to Ebay, this one made its way home with me, as the employee at WalMart was nice enough to "dispose" of these into the back of my car ;) And yes, its all official and was produced by LEGO. :)

This is the only 100% complete set that I know of.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 12:28 AM »
That is just too cool.  Way too much for me right now, but they'll have a new master soon that will take good care of them.
dustrho

Offline starwarslego

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 06:01 PM »
I am very intrested in your item. I can pay cash. If it is still for sale email me at enapmot@yahoo.com. Thanks 8)

Offline BIG MAC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • JEDICON WV
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 07:05 PM »
I can vouch that all of this is 100% real.As a MGR at said Wal-Mart not only did I get 2 complete set of Clonetroopers (still in there white mailing boxes),But I also have the Jedi Traing Arena in which BigDumbWookie refered to earlier.It is a cardboard display in which "younglings" listened to Yoda and do certain Jedi manuvers too attain a Jedi Training Certificate .                   
"Going to CHEERS to find my name"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 12:13 AM »
I am very intrested in your item. I can pay cash. If it is still for sale email me at enapmot@yahoo.com. Thanks 8)

I wouldn't expect a response since this thread is over 3 years old.