Author Topic: ROTS variation/error thread  (Read 73223 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ROTS variation/error thread
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2005, 08:53 PM »
We have covered it a little. I do not know whether there will be a change or correction to the card at this point. Judging by what Hasbro has done the last few years, I am sure they will do something about it. Whether there is a transition/sticker correction before the correct printed card back is also hard to determine. I think that Hasbro is going to be more inclined and focused on errors that deal directly with the packaged figure before something like listed figures. We'll watch and see. I think if we start to see corrections, it will be after the first waves and boxes have been cleared from the retailer stockrooms. I would guess there are quite a few boxes of the first waves left tobreak open...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Blue and Purple
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2005, 02:27 PM »
I noticed it too when I got home and had one purple and one blue #6 Clone troopers.  So blue is going to be the standard?

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2005, 09:06 AM »
There's a new variation shown of there @ rebelscum that is a basic Ani with a Dooku lightsaber

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2005, 09:56 AM »
There's a new variation shown of there @ rebelscum that is a basic Ani with a Dooku lightsaber

I just took a look at the picture and by bs-dectector went off...

If the toy came with a hand molded with a Dooku lightsaber in it THEN I would be convinced. However, the left hand can not hold anything and the Dooku lightsaber is just a lightsaber (i.e. no hand molded to it) so there's no way to have the Anakin figure hold BOTH sabers like he does in the movie.

If the figure came with a flesh hand molded with the Dooku lightsaber and you could put that hand on Anakin's left arm then YES it would definitely be a variant.

As it stands now this looks like someone bought both Dooku and Anakin and then put the Dooku lightsaber into the Anakin package.

- Peter
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2005, 01:46 PM »

i just found one of these today. go read my two recent post s about this in the RECENT PURCHASES thread for details.

**edit**  forget about the RECENT PURCHASES thread. i posted the info below in another post.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 03:17 PM by darkksith »

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Well it looks as if Ill be a hunting for this variation

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2005, 03:12 PM »
i copy and pasted my two posts about the anakin #2 variation from another forum below if anyone is curious about more info on this:

you know, i might just have run across one of these yesterday and didn't even realize it (that's if this is really legitimate). i found one fresh case with one each of #33-36, #41-44, and #1-3 & 9. so the #2 anakin is being freshly re-packed in this case. could this be the case where the running change starts? i didn't know about this rumour then so i didn't even give the anakin a glance. 

well, curiosity got the best of me after my last post, so i ran up to the wal-mart where i saw this case yesterday. sitting on the shelf between the exploding grievous and red saber palpy i spotted yesterday was indeed the #2 anakin w/ dooku saber variation.  so i can 99% confirm that it is a running change with this new case-pack.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 03:21 PM by darkksith »

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005, 08:42 PM »
Here we go again...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5970274976&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I actually think this is one of the better errors ever. The red clone troopers from AOTC with an unpainted visor looked pretty cool. The jango fett helmets were cool looking too. The error happened enough to be a more common phenomenon (not a one-shot mishap) and they became rather popular. I am gullible enough to believe this thing is legit and not a repack in an attempt to try and revive one of the more popular AOTC errors. I usually just believe it. Good thing I do not buy many SW figures off ebay.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005, 09:44 PM »
darkksith ,

I too can confirm that the #2 Anakin Variation does in fact exist.  Interestingly I saw the same figures at Walmart you saw Red Palpi and Exploding Grievous. 

I picked the variation up and it in fact comes with no gloved hand just the saber. 

I am in Arizona, so unless we have a network of re-packers across the country go get this variant while you can if you are into this sort of thing.

DBK

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
So what's the deal w/ the Anakin #2 fig?
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2005, 10:37 PM »
OK, I'm sure everyone was wondering as I did what was up w/ the #2 Anakin coming w/ a red saber since there doesn't seem to be any indication as of yet that he uses one in the film.  Then I heard rumblings about the fig showing up w/ Dooku's saber, which totally makes sense.  Well today jjks and I went hunting and I found 1 w/ the Dooku saber at a WalMart here in TN (which I gave to jjks.)  So should we expect to see this version popping up from here on out or what?  Anyone heard anything?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 10:38 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: So what's the deal w/ the Anakin #2 fig?
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Dooku saber will be included on future assortments with him.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2005, 08:37 AM »
We need a scissors-chopping action feature Anakin figure now!

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Holographic Elvis,

My understanding is that the version with Dooku is the corrected version and is shipping now.  I believe they are one per case with the Clone Commander Wave.  Although this is the "corrected" piece this should have a much more limited run than the first piece.

I can't tell you how many of the version #1 Anakins are warming the pegs here in Arizona...too many.

If you have no luck tracking this one down locally, PM me as I have an extra that I would let you have at cost and shipping.

Regards,

DBK

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2005, 10:44 AM »
So what did he come with originally? Just his regular hilt but a red blade?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2005, 11:02 AM »
jokabofe,

Yes.  The easiest way to tell the difference is...

1) version 1 comes with the regular blade and a black glove hand holding the saber.

2) version 2 comes with the Dooku saber and no visible black glove hand holding the saber.

I hope this answers your question.

DBK