Author Topic: ROTS variation/error thread  (Read 73192 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ROTS variation/error thread
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Oi...  I'm on the hunt too now.  I buy Bly's like I bought red and green Commanders.  I army build, and for Bly his troops looked pretty much like him so buying multiples isn't much of a hard decision for me really...  I just cut the visor pegs off so he looks better/trooper like.

I just now know I want that one as my core Bly figure.  :( 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2005, 07:45 PM »
I just cut the visor pegs off so he looks better/trooper like.

I would do that too, but Bly has a lot more yellow markings on his armor than his troops, plus the difference in pauldron and belt color. And those thingies on his pauldron stap, um...thing.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2005, 03:34 AM »
I have the original Bly and the corrected Bly sitting on my desk side by side and the corrected Bly is 10 times better than it's predecessor. The two tone of the corrected Bly just makes the figure pop. The original Bly is totally like BLEH to me now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 03:41 AM by Kill_Solo »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 1, 2005, 01:04 AM »
I've looked at literally over 24 Blys since Nov. 23, and I have yet to see a difference. Can anyone help me to know what to look for when identifying the variant Bly?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: December 1, 2005, 01:51 AM »
I would do that too, but Bly has a lot more yellow markings on his armor than his troops, plus the difference in pauldron and belt color. And those thingies on his pauldron stap, um...thing.

Given the diversity in the pauldrons and things of Bly's grunts, I've suspended disbelief about the decoes being too similar to bly's and just accept them as troops.  I figure that variance among the colors/patterns would've been likely.

Bly seems to stand out in the crowd actually anyway just by his visor.  I'm wondering what gun he sported in the movie though, I forget and I'm too lazy to bust out my DVD.  I want him lugging the right Jedi Cleanser for any set-up of course. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 1, 2005, 01:54 AM »
I've looked at literally over 24 Blys since Nov. 23, and I have yet to see a difference. Can anyone help me to know what to look for when identifying the variant Bly?

yea me too, cant seem to notice any difference in the trooper  ???

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 1, 2005, 10:24 AM »
ckeck out this link i included. it shows the new bly with the dark brown stripes running down the length of the thighs and the dark brown center stripe on the helmet running from the back all the way down to the bottom of the chin on the helmet. it is now movie accurate. i just received mine in a trade and it is 100% better than the original in my opinion.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/actionfigure/another_bly_variation_found_95950.asp

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 1, 2005, 07:54 PM »
I'm wondering what gun he sported in the movie though, I forget and I'm too lazy to bust out my DVD.  I want him lugging the right Jedi Cleanser for any set-up of course. :)

Looks like the Evo rifle.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 2, 2005, 12:08 AM »
I am beginning to think that these have come and gone
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I want your opinions on a bly figure. I checked the picture on RS and compared mine to the two shown there. Mine shares qualities with both but doesn't really match either in my opinion. What do you guys think? Is this just the original release or another variation? On the first one I don't show a black stripe on his chest but on the corrected there is one. Mine has that black stripe. On the corrected there are brown stripes on the helmet and the leg. Mine does not have those brown stripes. Here's a pic of mine. It's a bit blurry but you should be able to compare what any of you have and the RS pic. Let me know what you think.

The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 3, 2006, 07:57 AM »
Based on what I have seen, this is the older version, not the corrected one. I didn't find one (then again, I didn't look real hard either) so at this time, I have given up on finding the Bly variation.

John Keeshan

Offline OCEAN

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 3, 2006, 11:36 AM »
  I have both versions of Bly. That one is the older version.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 3, 2006, 12:00 PM »
I got to looking around a bit more and it seems to me that there are more than the two variants. When I first got to looking at mine compared to online photos it seemed that the first one was just really clean and the second one had battle damage and the brown stripe. Mine has battle damage but no stripe. That's neither here nor there, I just noticed mine had chest damage that wasn't visible on the ones I was seeing posted as the original release. But apparently there are also white hinge and yellow hinge versions going around as well. It seems to me that there are at least 3 variations on this figure, white rings, yellow rings and yellow rings with the brown stripe/ battle damage markings. The link below shows a white ring and a yellow ring version. Both appear to be before they added the brown strip and battle damage to the figure.

The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I have several errors I picked up in this line

4 lightsaber grievous with left blue lightsaber loose in package
4 lightsaber grievous with right blue lightsaber loose in package
decapitated battle droid
mon mothma with shaak ti insert
at-rt driver with hand cut off
zett jukassa with picture insert kinda sideways in package

and i think i got a few more

I managed to pick up every variation including minor bubble variations except for the first inner bubble zett jukassa and the corrected r4p17 (i have 3 different font sticker versions and the error but never a correct one)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Anybody notice the variation on the 501st with more battle damage on the leg? Kinda cheesy, it's literally 1 more line of black paint. You would think that the 5 - 7 year olds that Hasbro pays .25 per hour to paint these figures would have good eyesight at such a young age and not make so many damn mistakes.