Author Topic: A new Tatooine Luke in TSC?  (Read 6243 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
A new Tatooine Luke in TSC?
« on: October 24, 2005, 06:22 PM »
So I was just messing around on the Hasbro Star Wars Arcade page and came across a little fun game where you have a Luke action figure deflect bolts from training orbs. The thing is, I didn't recognize the Luke figure at all, here's a screen capture I made from the game...

Could this be an all-new Tatooine Luke for The Saga Collection? The wrists appear to be articulated and the legs look unique, especially at the knees (joints and tattered pants?). Also in the game, his head moves up and down as if it's on a ball joint. Could this be an all new figure or did I just miss this at some point in the last couple years since I don't need any more Tat. Lukes...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: A new Tatooine Luke in TSC?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Those legs look weird... I don't recognize that exact Luke.  Hmm.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 08:55 PM »
He kinda looks like he was put together with photoshop or somthing. The head seems out of proportion with the rest of the body and if I'm not mistaken it's the same head and body as the Commtech Luke.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 12:06 AM »
He kinda looks like he was put together with photoshop or somthing. The head seems out of proportion with the rest of the body and if I'm not mistaken it's the same head and body as the Commtech Luke.

If it's a video game, then it moves, if it moves, even in 2d, then it was cut up with photoshop.

So, the odd feel of it is probably expected.  As it stands, those look like new body parts to me.  That might mean nothing though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 02:06 AM »
Wow - I think this is good news guys.  Very good news indeed.  I'll bet anyone two Nemoidian Warriors that is a new figure for 2006.  And it looks excellent... ha!  Maybe that Luke won't be a repack afterall!

Corran, thanks for the pic!  Now if this figure comes out, I'll always remember seeing it for the first time right here.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 02:31 AM »
I'm inclined to agree with Rob's assesment there, in that it's just a whacked Photoshop job for the animation on their site.

I wouldn't be opposed to an all-new Tatooine Luke, since I think the VOTC sucked somethin' fierce.  I'd love an "ultimate" version, fully articulated, with all the Tatooine Luke gadgets and outfit pieces imaginable.  At least stick him in his poncho and Gilligan hat so we can have something that looks relatively different than usual...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:54 AM »
Come on now... that's a new head sculpt... the hands are smaller and actually have finger details, and the legs are completely different.   The last few times something like this has shown, so many people have thought isn't not new, or it's a rehash... like the new Carkook Han, people thought it was the head from the POTJ Death Star Escape... but it's not. 

It's not this Luke figure either, which I am sure people are thinking -

That Luke is new and I see articulated wrists!  Let's be optimistic here!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 03:49 AM »
I'm a "glass is half-empty" kinda guy, which keeps me from getting my expectations too high and suffering severe disappointment later on.  But I love finding out that I'm completely wrong, so hopefully you're right Justin (and Jason), and that Hasbro's totally revamping this Luke.  I'd definitely be down for an all-new version of him...  8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 06:01 AM »
I can't say 100% it ISN'T new, however when I took the image and messed with it in paintshop there's some lines that AREN'T articulation there, but rather are clear cut/paste lines and things like that.  Not to mention there's color variations, lack of shadows and evidence that supports articulation points and stuff...

I'm going with this NOT being new right now then based on what my eyes are telling me by enhancing the picture. 

I agree a SA Luke's still needed though as that VOTC figure was a real pile...  Good super poseable bare arms though.  I saw someone graft them to an OTC Dagobah Luke and it rocked.  I wish they'd have given arms like that as one of the sets that Dagobah Luke had since 2 pre-posed sets kinda blows.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 09:04 AM »
That figure does look a little different to me as well, but I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet that its a new figure we're getting in 2006.  That being said, I'd really like to see an all-new sculpt, SA version of Tatooine Luke.  For all the jokes we've made over the years having so many versions of this figure, we still don't have a real, real good one.  The VOTC one was a disappointment to most, and there is still potential to make a much better version of Tatooine Luke.  Hopefully we will see that in 2006, that would definitely be a welcome surprise.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 11:27 AM »
As a glass half full kind of guy, I think it's a new Luke.  I really hope it is, it looks fantastic.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 12:32 PM »
My hope is that they continue with Evolutions and give us 3 good SA Lukes.  Tatooine from ANH, Bespin from ESB and Endor Luke from ROTJ.  He'd have his blue and green lightsabers, a pistol, the Tatooine poncho, hat, binoculars, an Endor poncho and helmet.  I would also take a SA Hoth Luke and an SA X Wing/Snowspeeder Luke.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Here's what I want for an Evolutions Luke set -

ANH - Stormtrooper armor w/ removable helmet

ESB - Snowspeeder pilot w/ removable helmet, hoses and chest plate

ROTJ - Endor gear w/ removable cloak and helmet

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 04:06 PM »
I'm a "glass is half-empty" kinda guy, which keeps me from getting my expectations too high and suffering severe disappointment later on.

As a glass half full kind of guy, I think it's a new Luke. I really hope it is, it looks fantastic.

Hey!  Who pissed in my glass?   >:(   :P

I used to be a glass 1/2 full kinda guy, but I can't help that glass being 1/2 empty at times.  Like Matt said, sometimes it's just easier not to get your hopes up about new sculpts.  :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Sorry, I just have optimism about just about everything I guess.  I think it's healthier.   :)