Author Topic: Gotta raise 'em right!  (Read 6383 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta raise 'em right!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 09:27 PM »
when his teacher asked him things about his mommy to write down for Mother's Day- the question was "My Mommy's really smart, she even knows..." and he answered "all about Star Wars"... :)

Now that's a great story.  8)

I've got to add another quick story myself.  My local Zellers broke the street date for the April 2 release of the ROTS toys and it was the first time they'd carried something new since the 2003 SAGA figures.  So I was a tad excited when I came across them with my daughter.  I bought about 40 figures that day - almost 2 of each (carded and loose - the start of my disease  ;)). 

Anyway, my daughter was riding in the cart and I was trying to fit all of those figures in with her, but didn't have nearly enough room.  Usually, once she's in the cart, she's too stubborn to get out (even when grocery shopping - she gets a kick out of stacking the cereal boxes on her).  But when I asked her to hop out to make room for daddy's SW toys, she was more than happy too.  It put an even bigger smile on my face.   ;D

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 10:14 PM »
when his teacher asked him things about his mommy to write down for Mother's Day- the question was "My Mommy's really smart, she even knows..." and he answered "all about Star Wars"... :)

Now that's a great story.  8)

I've got to add another quick story myself.  My local Zellers broke the street date for the April 2 release of the ROTS toys and it was the first time they'd carried something new since the 2003 SAGA figures.  So I was a tad excited when I came across them with my daughter.  I bought about 40 figures that day - almost 2 of each (carded and loose - the start of my disease  ;)). 

Anyway, my daughter was riding in the cart and I was trying to fit all of those figures in with her, but didn't have nearly enough room.  Usually, once she's in the cart, she's too stubborn to get out (even when grocery shopping - she gets a kick out of stacking the cereal boxes on her).  But when I asked her to hop out to make room for daddy's SW toys, she was more than happy too.  It put an even bigger smile on my face.   ;D

Good to see she took one for the team...it would have been a shame if there wasn't any room in the car and she had to walk home  :P     

(just kidding of course)
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 12:56 AM »
 ::)

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 02:00 AM »
::)

Is that supposed to be against my post?
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2005, 04:48 AM »
Kids were with me on a toy run tonight and had an interesting debate in the back of the car as to why the older boy thinks Legos are better and the younger boy wants the figures.

I'm still not sure who won, or really if the older boy isn't being contrary just to spite the younger...  Typical older brother stuff.  The argument was things like "Well you can't do much with the figures, but Legos move and things", which I found odd.  I think he likes that vehicles are a choice fo rhim with the Legos, I know that actually, but the younger boy sorta likes the figures because he knows I do...  I think he tags along in a way and gets stuff...

Weird debate on the way to the store though.

And of course in the grand scheme they both would drop this in a heartbeat for new video games.  That obsession never dies.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2005, 12:21 PM »
My nephew surprised everyone in the family and wants to be Vader for Halloween.  They are surprised since he has never seen any of the movies.  Of course his mom is afraid to let him watch the movies because "they might scare him".  That and I think she is a little creeped out by his uncle's collection and devotion to the series :)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I think it's somewhere on here about the time my son (at around 3 years old) threatened a guy stocking the meats at Wal-Mart with a "You'll be dead!"...

This has been one of my favorite kid SW stories since the first time you wrote about it.  :)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Sorry I'm late Tracy... was in Houston... okay, I can relate... I think it's somewhere on here about the time my son (at around 3 years old) threatened a guy stocking the meats at Wal-Mart with a "You'll be dead!"...
I gotta find that story -- it sounds hilarious :)

or, the best... when his teacher asked him things about his mommy to write down for Mother's Day- the question was "My Mommy's really smart, she even knows..." and he answered "all about Star Wars"... :)
That's great!  You gotta frame that and display it with your SW collection ;D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline TeenJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 01:34 AM »
Two of my younger cousins came to visit a while back. The youngest (3) was excited to see so many toys and began to get some figures to play with. The eldest (7) however, took a glance and decided she was more interseted in playing the videogame Grand Theft Auto  ::). My younger cousin began to make a family out of my figures. Episode I Padme was "the mom", Qui Gon "the Dad", Anakin the "son," and Palpatine the "Grandpa". They also had a pet Massif. The family lived in the Naboo Royal Starship and had the Ep.1 jedi council as guests. Then they were attacked by a Wampa ice creature, but Qui Gon took care of him. Then she made Padme (mom) kiss Qui Gon (dad) and they went in to attend to their guests.  :) It's nice to see the kids faces light up when they see the figs and ships, and to see the play value my figs have instead of them sitting on shelves all day. Even if I have to pick up the mess afterwards.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2005, 03:36 AM »
OK...

So I have a good one about my gf's youngest son (8) who got a Neimodian Commander the other night at Wal-Mart, and this also has a tie-in to a bad habit I have that's also kind of amusing to kids...  No it's not farting on command.

I do a lot of different voice impersonations, for no reason.  Laugh all you want but I've managed to perfect some mimics and it's been quite useful in wooing the ladies!  No, seriously...  Stop laughing.

Anyway, so my gf's daughter whines like Napolean Dynamite did, which if you saw that you know what I mean.  So the kids know/like that movie and when I hear her I'll kind of mimic her but in a ND voice...  OK, the boys laugh hysterically and the daughter gets pissed off which makes everyone in the car laugh but the girls.

Well my gf's son gets a Neimodian the other night...  He comes downstairs with it and gets me and his mom's attention and starts in with his own impersonations...  But this time it's "Neimodian Dynamite".  Yes, an 8 year old came up with Nemodian Dynamite all by himself and that's funny ****.  And at the same time he's going "God, that Vader guy sucks!"  and "Hey Vader, I bet you take that TIE fighter off some sweet jumps."

His mother was even laughing and she secretly loathes my hobby and that they ask for stuff when we're out looking for me.  :)  I wouldn't have given him that much credit but man, Neimodian Dynamite sounds like a web strip waiting to happen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2005, 07:28 AM »
That's brilliant -- it's amazing what kids will come up with on their own -- sounds like he's got quite the wit! :)

After my son got out of timeout last night we had a little discussion about what went wrong.  I pointed out that he made some bad choices.  I said "You know what happens when you make bad choices don't you?"  he said "Yeah, if you make bad choices like Anakin you'll turn into Darth Vader and you won't be a nice daddy" 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2005, 12:58 PM »
hehehehe... won't be a nice daddy...
classic...
until he's stopped the Emperor from killing you, and then gives you a nice little goodbye speech while he's dying about how right you were...
Ah, another story from the front... my son took his Galactic Heroes Battle Droid to the zoo with us one time (again 3 something) and lost it there.  He wanted to go find it.  Last time I saw it was near the monkey cages, so we went by them, but there was no way to backtrack the whole zoo.... we didn't find it, so Aidan was crying where's my battle droid?!?!?!?! so, in frustration, I told him I didn't know, the monkeys probably have it... yeah, well, we all have breakdowns... so now, he mentions going to the zoo and getting his battle droid back from the monkeys... "the monkeys have my battle droid"... followed with a big pout...
 :'(
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Episode I Padme was "the mom", Qui Gon "the Dad", Anakin the "son," and Palpatine the "Grandpa". [...] Then she made Padme (mom) kiss Qui Gon (dad) and they went in to attend to their guests.  :)

Man, and we thought that bunch had relationship issues already. ;) Paging Dr. Freud ... paging Dr. Freud....

But seriously, that's a great story. :)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2005, 12:27 AM »
The monkeys have my battledroid...

There's a signature waiting to happen.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2005, 12:32 AM »
I'm already one step ahead of you.

<<<------------ 8)

(Great minds etc. etc. ;))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:34 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)