Author Topic: Making the prequals better  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Making the prequals better
« on: October 17, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Recently, I've been thinking about how many different ways GL could have made the prequals much better. To me it seems he didn't have a complete story thought out before ep1 was written.

For example, they introduce a new jedi master called Qui-gon Jinn and then lets Maul kill him at the end of the movie. Later, they introduce Count Dooku being the same type of character that has fallen to the dark side. I think it would have been much better to have qui-gon survive ep1 and turn into the Count Dooku character in ep2. That was just poor planning on GLs part.

Qui-gon could have become disallusioned with the jedi order after being told he couldn't train Anakin and left to join the separists. That would have brought about the duel between Obiwan/Anakin and Qui-gon on Genosis. Having obiwan battle his former master would have been great forshadowing for the Anakin vs Obiwan duel later on. Then in ep3, it would have been great to see Anakin take on the man (qui-gon) that freed him from slavery and agrued to have him be trained as a jedi. What kind of gratude would it have shown for Anakin to kill Qui-gon?

Another thing would be that since Quigon doesn't die in ep1 he couldn't have come back as a ghost to teach Yoda how to become a force ghost. Yoda could have just told Obiwan how to do it instead of saying he's been in contact with quigon and knows how to do this. Besides, it still doesn't make sense that quigon never disappears when he is killed yet yoda and obiwan both do. Quigon never became part of the force so how could he tell Yoda how to do it?

I wonder how difficult it would be for ILM to replace Christopher Lee's head with Liemun Neasons and fix the stories?

Finally, we all know that Boss Ness ultimately served no purpose in the prequals. Why couldn't they have made Boss Ness a senator instead of Jar Jar? He's a better character than Jar Jar ever was. It would have made alot more sense except as a way for the Gungans to finally get rid of Jar Jar from their presence.

I don't know. Just a few ideas that I've been obsessing with lately. What are your ideas for 'fixing' the prequals beyond letting Jar Jar get run over by the ATT at the beginning of ep1?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Making the prequals better
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44 PM »
I think Jar Jar could have been toned down, alot, and still have his place in the storyline. Boss Nass probably would have made a different decision if he had taken Amidala's place in the Senate, because Boss Nass was a leader... while Jar Jar was only elected because he was a war hero.

Beyond extending the Battle of Naboo, and the Clone Wars fights, I'd leave the Prequels alone... It'd take refilming and recasting to salvage the story.