Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles  (Read 35960 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 09:19 PM »
For reference...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 12:44 AM »
I'm in love with these figures.  In fact they are my favorite non-Star Wars figures out by far... I've bought a few, and they can be used for custom fodder too!  They come apart very easily for custom parts (and stay together in one piece very well too).

Here are a couple customs using them I've done -

head - SAGA2 Bib Fortuna
torso/arms - OTC General Madine
vest - POTJ Bespin Han Solo
gloves - ROTS Firespeeder pilot
skirt piece - Evolutions Darth Maul
legs - Pirates of the Carribean figure

head - POTF2 Ten Nunb
body/arms/legs - Pirates of the Carribean figure
boots - SAGA Lt. Faytonni

On that one I need to make the boots darker though.

Anyways, I applaud the makers of this line.  Very well done and nice to see a 3-3/4" line again, I want to get all of these figures, and even the playsets perhaps.  Just can't help it.

Plus at good old Walmart, the figures are only $4.88!

:)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 08:17 AM »
Can we please leave the custom pics in the customs section.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Just saw this new POTC2 3 3/4 playset at Target... If only Hasbro would make something like this!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10 AM »
Has anyone seen the new POTC figures other than the Target knock offs?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Picked up Palifico (Flying Dutchman Cursed Pirate) at Target. I heard that Disney was going to sell it's own line of POTC 3 3/4 figures at Disneyworld and Disneyland, any news on that?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 01:11 AM »
The playset looks like it might be modifiable for 1:18 military figures...  Something for the GI's to be clearing out maybe. 

The WM price on these is pretty acceptable...  Now if only WM owuld get off their ass and drop the SW figure prices and maybe drive Target down some.  Stuff is out of hand with that line anymore.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 01:49 AM »
I was just on HLJ and noticed they have a Pirates of the Caribbean 10 piece figure set up for preorder for $25.28 from F-Toys. July release & no pictures thus far.  :-\

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #23 on: June 1, 2006, 03:45 AM »
Since they're 3.75" which is all too rare these days, I'll pick up a few of these figures to throw in with the other alien extras and background weirdos.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Saw Wave 1 of the Ultra POTC2 figures at TRU, but passed.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Although the figures aren't perfect, or exceptionally articulated, the line overall isn't too bad really it seems.  I was just looking at some of the stuff at Target the other day, as well as that Black Pearl ship that is listed for preorder at EE.com, and I think that line could be pretty fun if you were a kid.  A big ole pirate ship, some cool looking "monsters", as well as the main characters - plus some playsets and things like that.  I don't have the room for it, or necessarily want all of it, but it looks like it could be a fun line for a kiddo.  I've grabbed a couple of the figures, because they aren't bad - we like the movies - and they are 3 3/4" scale, but the stuff overall isn't so bad.  Wal-mart isn't carrying it here, at least not yet, but Target has been on board for awhile now.  Not sure about TRU yet.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 04:33 PM »
I'll say, I've really been tempted by these, but I have not yet given in to that temptation. Yet. TRU has the basics at $4.99, and the deluxe at $8.99, I think. They look really good at those prices.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 01:57 AM »
I'm so stretched financially these days due to unforeseen circumstances that I've had to hold off on buying extra stuff like this for fodder.  Great pieces there though. 

I personally find the sculpts a bit lacking (the likenesses not so much,b ut the overall look of the figures leans towards heroic/toyish over accuracy in detail), and of course the articulation isn't fantastic but I do think there's some interesting stuff in this line.

I still want the mill playset to paint up for 1:18 WW2 figures.  It's very European looking...  Some good paint aps and a little interior work and it's a perfectly good ruined building for a city diorama.  I think it can only complement the playsets that 21st already made in that regard.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 08:43 AM »
So a couple weeks ago I picked up Davey Jones (POTC DMC Series 1) & Elizabeth Swan (POTC Series 3) from NECA and decided that I was going to put together the Grotto Scene. With POTC DMC series 1 & 2 you can put together a Flying Dutchman Diorama with Davey Jones, Jack Sparrow & Maccus from Series 1 and Palifico & Bootstrap Bill from Series 2. The other 3 figures (Will Turner Series 1 & Jacks Sparrow & Elizabeth Swan from Series 2) make up an Island Diorama.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 09:41 AM »
I find it interesting that they jumped in right away with various scaled figures. Guess they have to make as much money as possible before the movie goes away.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."