Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles  (Read 35971 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Collectibles
« Reply #75 on: November 4, 2006, 05:32 PM »
I wound up getting the MR Davey Jones key at a party at Comic Con.  It definitely looks pretty cool.  Otherwise I haven't been looking for this stuff.

However I did recently score the new Elizabeth Swann in Pirate gear at a Hot Topic store.  Very good sculpting by NECA.  It makes all of the Zizzle offerings look like utter garbage.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 6, 2006, 09:46 AM »
I noticed our local Target had the newest wave of POTC (Zizzle) figures in stock this weekend, and were actually stocked up quite well after having some empty pegs for awhile there.  I don't know about everywhere else, but the Pirates stuff really seems to be selling well here.  Although the figures aren't perfect, I think it does look like a fun line.  I have 3 of the figures, and if I had the money/space, I might pick up some of the other stuff.  Like I was telling my wife the other day while shopping for our nephews for Christmas, if I was a kid now, that Black Pearl ship would be on my Christmas list.  Maybe its because of the similar scale  to Star Wars, but I could see this being a pretty fun line if you were a kid.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2006, 03:27 AM »
Some figures for the 3rd film showed on Ebay...  The Zizzle little ones...  Not bad looking.  Looks like hands are being done smaller too.  There is an Asian Pirate and the star chick in a disguise to fit in with the Asian Pirate...  Rice hat and all.  She looked like AMAZING customizing fodder from a female figure stand point, and the hat kicks ass, plus she had a removable robe too....  Great stuff.

This line really has improved as it went on.  I hope it's something we see more of for some time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2006, 07:46 PM »
I saw Zizzle figures from the first movie today. First time i had seen them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 4, 2006, 10:19 AM »
If anyone is interested, this week's Target ad says that the Zizzle Pirates of the Caribbean figures will be on sale for $2.99 each, likely to coincide with the DVD release.  Pretty good deal for action figures in today's market.  I'm half tempted to pick up a few, but we'll see.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 7, 2006, 11:12 PM »
tonight at Target i saw the deal. great deal! i have never bought a non-SW fig in ages, but picked up a Pirate disguise Elizabeth Swan to be MOC. i like this line, looks very nice. i will definitely be buying more of these.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 9, 2006, 03:21 PM »
The newest wave with the preview figures were out at Target today. I didn't see the Asian pirate. Keira Knightly's masscara is running and something with the molding process makes it look like she's sporting a scar on her chin.

There's one new Depp figure. I believe the Turner and Jones figures are the same as previous releases but with different accessories in addition to the plastic coin.

And these rang up at the $2.99 sale price!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 9, 2006, 09:48 PM »
The newest wave with the preview figures were out at Target today. I didn't see the Asian pirate. Keira Knightly's masscara is running and something with the molding process makes it look like she's sporting a scar on her chin.

There's one new Depp figure. I believe the Turner and Jones figures are the same as previous releases but with different accessories in addition to the plastic coin.

And these rang up at the $2.99 sale price!

i saw kiera, didnt notice this (didnt buy that version, bought pirate Keira) . i saw only two asian pirates, and the rerelease turner and jones. cannibal depps were everywhere. the only jones was in bad condition. i will probably pick up some preview figs 2morow. i want bootstrap bill from the earlier wave.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2006, 03:24 AM »
I've heard that the POTC figs are dumping at Tuesday Morning stores...  Kind of cool if you wanted to get in on the little line cheap.  I'm gonna check that out after the new year and see what I can score there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2007, 10:15 AM »
Not sure if anyone is picking these up here, but Targets are really clearancing these out around here.  I just happened to check our store yesterday after hearing reports the past couple weeks.  Not a whole lot available there, but I picked up a couple of figures for about $1.48 each I think.  The "deluxe" stuff (figure and creature/boat/etc.) and the older comic packs were also clearanced for around $2 or less.  I thought I would be done with this line, but for just over a buck, I thought a couple wouldn't hurt.  Good deals if anyone is looking for anything.

Our local WM has reset their toy aisle (nothing new yet, unfortunately), but had fully stocked the pegs with Pirates stuff as well (older stuff and a few of the "preview" figures - no POTC3 stuff yet).  The pegged prices were $4.88.  Its been awhile since I've seen sub-$5 prices on an action figure line, at least a "name" line.  I miss the days of Star Wars being priced that way.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Not sure if anyone is picking these up here, but Targets are really clearancing these out around here.  I just happened to check our store yesterday after hearing reports the past couple weeks.  Not a whole lot available there, but I picked up a couple of figures for about $1.48 each I think.  The "deluxe" stuff (figure and creature/boat/etc.) and the older comic packs were also clearanced for around $2 or less.  I thought I would be done with this line, but for just over a buck, I thought a couple wouldn't hurt.  Good deals if anyone is looking for anything.

One of the local Targets had the same clearance sale but then marked everything back up. It was really weird...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2007, 12:51 AM »
Our stores up here are still clogged with Black Pearl figures NOT on clearance.  And now they're all clogged up with POTC3 figures, preview and regular release.  It's about 12 linear feet of this crap >:( ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2007, 10:17 PM »
I just got into this line recently.  I always thought they were beautifully sculpted but couldn't get myself to pay $7 each for them.  When Wal Mart had some on sale for $4.88 a month or so ago and had 10 of the 16 figures in stock, that got me rolling.  These things are great...the 4" scale is more or less a dying art, so it's nice to see some well-done figures like these. 

<shameless plug>I put pics of all of them up in our Toy Database;)

John

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2007, 05:52 PM »
I finally saw the POTC 3 figures at Wally World this weekend and picked them all up.  Overall they're very nice - about on par with the previous figures.  Sao Feng, on the other hand, is freakin' fantastic.  Excellent detail on the robe and the tattoo on his melon.

I'm hoping future waves have a couple more of Davy Jones' crew.  Those were the best of the Dead Man's Chest series.

John

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2007, 08:51 PM »
I picked up a handful and will probably get the rest eventually. The best one is Marty. How cool is that? A figure of a little person with a Chinese hat-wearing monkey as an accessory!

Sao Feng is nice, though I wish they didn't give the robe a wind-blown look. The one in the deluxe pack is nicer. And the cannon looks sharp. Overall, the deluxe this go-around is better than previous ones. The Swann figure makes a perfect dignitary for those wanting to populate their Star Wars dioramas.