Author Topic: Anyone into music sharing, trading?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Anyone into music sharing, trading?
« on: October 27, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Im not talking about anything copyrighted here or about selling.  This is strictly from a fan standpoint. With the advent of the Net it has become a great resource over the years.

So what kind of stuff is everyone into? Who do you trade with?   For me its mainly Pink Floyd with a few other groups (Zep, Maiden, etc) here and there.  Always looking for every possible Live, Demo, Unreleased material I can get my hands on. No matter what the quality.  It really is amazing how much music and video has been discovered over the years.  And the trading community is alot bigger than I could imagine.

The Floyd stuff I collect is mainly from 68-80.  Big fan of the timeline between Obscured by Clouds through the Wall. Not such a fan of the Syd Barret era or post Waters stuff.   I am currently subscribed to a group that has access to over 500 different Pink Floyd shows.  I can never imagine when I will be complete downloading them all.  It sometimes blows me away how good some of the shows were and how good the quality is.  Its also great to hear these shows when they had bad nights or with no help of cleaning up the tracks like the copyrighted Live stuff which gets so cleaned up that sometimes it sounds nothing like the actual show.

Where is everyone finding stuff?  Always looking for new sites since sometimes there are some that are quite hidden out there. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:41 PM by Jim (Rebeltrader) »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Re: Anyone into music sharing, trading?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:50 PM »
I get some music from here from time to time:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski