Author Topic: Rumors and Predictions  (Read 5886 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Rumors and Predictions
« on: October 28, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Did everyone see this article from GH?

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5033&zoneid=2

Some very exciting news in regards to new clones and the possible re-release of the AT-AT.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Rumors and Predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up ruiner!  That was a very interesting article, to say the least!  Talk about some very good news... there wasn't one thing in that article that I wouldn't want.

I think a great idea is the Cinema Scene/Deluxe merge.  Making them as 2-pks, with a repack and an all new figure could really be a hit, provided that the new figure isn't a resculpt, and that the rehash is worth buying again.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 02:36 PM »
Hmmm... I don't want to copy the whole thing over here, but just for the sake of discussion, here's a nice summary list:

Return of the Cinema/Screen Scene as 2-Packs
Hermi Odle and ??
Max Rebo Band Sets

If it means we get more Jabba godies like Hermi and Ak-Rev, then I like this idea even if it means we get stuck with a repaint/repack in each pack.    :)

Basic Figures:
CZ-3
Bom Vindim
BG-J38 (right)
Ewok With Woklings

I love the Cantina Aliens.  I will gladly take the much rumored Bom and CZ-3!  :)

Vehicles/Playsets
U-Shaped Cantina Bar Piece
Bespin Cloud Car
AT-AT (exclusive re-release)

the first 2 =  :), the last one =  :( (I've already got 2 - vintage and PotF2)

Exclusives
EE exclusive EU Figure = ??

We shall see...

Clones
Commander Faie
Commander Neyo
Galactic Marine

More Clones?
If they are all new SA Sculpts =  ;D
If they are crappy repaints =  >:(

Hopefully Hasbro has learned that we LOVE the #41 and Target SA Sculpts and the #38 and #6 are best left retired. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Clones
Commander Faie
Commander Neyo
Galactic Marine

More Clones?
If they are all new SA Sculpts =  ;D
If they are crappy repaints =  >:(

Hopefully Hasbro has learned that we LOVE the #41 and Target SA Sculpts and the #38 and #6 are best left retired. 

I'd love a Commander Neyo. That's cool.

And I love Clones, just love 'em to death, but what I don't love is EU or the made-it-through-pre-vis-but-didn't-make-the-final-cut stuff. I'd prefer on-screen cannon clones up front. But if we get a balance of cannon ones along with the others, and they continue to be released at a fair rate that assures we'll get all of the on-screen versions in good time, I'm ok, be cautious.

I'm just a bit gunshy of things with all of the Choppers and whacky clone repaints that seem to be getting the greenlight from Lucasfilm lately. It seems they're being much looser with their approvals and in the process have given Hasbro the go-ahead to Batman-ize the line. And I'm horrified of that notion, because it is obvious where that path leads.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Sounds pretty sweet. I especially like the 2-packs idea, especcialy at a $9.99 pricepoint.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 06:23 PM »
There is alot of good stuff in there. I really hope we get all of what was mentioned, and here's hoping that the EU figure is Qui-Lon Vos. That would be awesome. Wokklings would be nice as well. And one final thought, I really hope that Hermi Odle is packed with Yarna Da'l Gargan.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Hermi Odle PLEASE!!!  That would be great.  As would everything else they mentioned IMO.  Hope it all comes to pass.  I wonder if they will rerelease Ephant Mon with Hermi Odle? 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:56 PM by Darth Broem »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Exclusives
EE exclusive EU Figure = ??

I think they should make Quinlan Vos that exclusive.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 01:46 AM »
I'm thinking Kir Kanos, since it won't be more than a repaint/rehash.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 02:02 AM »
They can't possibly be doing all this neat crap in 2006. Hasbro wouldn't do all this neat stuff in one year. (But if they were just trying to keep people's interest high until the TV show starts, then I could understand it.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 03:44 AM »
A lot of it's seemingly common-sense figures and guesses while a lot of it is stuff that's been "rumored" for years, so I take everything with a grain of salt...

There's a lot to like in the rumor mill though, and a lot to make many collectors have a smile on their face.  :)  Hopefully more of it's true than not because I know Hermi's the top alien figure I want, and he's been this "rumor" for far too long in my book.  Gotta have that apple eater.

Given how many people out there want Hermi Odle though, he was as good a bet as anyone could've made I think.  He's a must-have in the line kinda like Ephant was at one point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 04:24 AM »
I think next year, with no more films to back the line up, would be the year Hasbro would want to go for broke in terms of locking up collector support.  Not to the extent they do everything we want right away, but clean out that drawer a little (PT Owen and Beru, Trophy Obi Wan, etc.) and lob some long awaited wants at us (Hermi, R5, etc.). 

It seems in some way that's what they're doing, if the lists are true.  But that Geonosis wave... ehh...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 04:58 AM »
Whatta ya do with Geonosis though?  However I will say that some of those are asinine if true (like a Jango re-release).  Some weird Jedi though and resculpts are about all you have to work with though, so it's a tough one.  Didn't seem impressive of a wave though for sure, and the most repack heavy it seemed too...  or perhaps that's just how my disappointment focused my attention.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 12:37 PM »
Fun artical, but my "too good to be true" senses are tingling.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 02:42 PM »
This probably belongs in the Geonosis thread, but oh well:  I think the biggest problem with the Geonosis wave is Sun Fac.  Maybe it's just me, but his slot would have been better served with a resculpt we all want (Jango, Mace, Obi, Barriss).   I think 3-PO is a bad choice, too.