Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 114941 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2009, 03:03 PM »
We are in the process of trading my wife's 1998 CR-V in for a 2009 CR-V.  We signed all the paperwork yesterday and should pick it up on Wednesday after it's swapped from a dealership in Denver and the accessories she wanted are installed.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Matt -- we still love our 2008 CR-V - just roomy enough for the 2 car seats and it can hold a large dog crate in the back.  We haven't had a moment's trouble out of it.  I still and pleased w/my decision to downsize to a CR-V instead of getting the Pilot.  It's worked out great for use.  My husband just did quite a bit of landscaping this weekend and we able to use the CR-V to load easily load the bags of mulch.  We don't miss the truck as much as we thought we would. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2009, 08:30 AM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline starwarsgeek

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • StarWarsGeek.net
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2009, 10:01 AM »
Here I am in the parking lot at one of my favorite "haunts" (lol, I crack me up)

1989 Cadillac Hearse
23' long
12 mpg  :(
But lots of space in the back for toy runs  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2009, 05:22 PM »
What's a TRU Kids World  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2009, 04:26 PM »
We just bought a 2010 Buick Enclave to replace my wife's mini-van.  She's quite happy driving this loaded out cross-over.  First car we've had with a built in Nav system.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Here's my new ride (not this actual one) as of August...

I had forgotten what getting good gas mileage was like until I got my new Honda CR-V
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 1, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I had forgotten what getting good gas mileage was like until I got my new Honda CR-V

I've completely forgotten....but will always remember.   :D

Stoopid Explorer   >:(  I love it though. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 4, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Here's my new ride (not this actual one) as of August...

I have a CR-V -- I love it -- fun to drive/haul the kiddo's in.  Surprisingly roomy and much better gas mileage than the old mini-van.  Though there are days when they are squabbling that I miss the 3rd row so that I can split them up  >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 4, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Though there are days when they are squabbling that I miss the 3rd row so that I can split them up  >:(

I find that yelling "don't make me come back there" is extremely effective.  :P

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2009, 07:14 PM »
2000 F150 4x4 XLT

I've had it for about 8 years.  I'm thinking about buying a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited next year, but I'm going to get my wife's car paid off first.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2009, 11:19 AM »
I have gone from a 2008 Chevy Crew Cab Z71 to a 2006 VW Bug Convertible....

My dad had knee surgery and was having trouble getting out of his car so we have done a short term swap...

It is truly a shocking change...  And my Toy/Diaper/Grocery runs end with a "Puzzle" of how to get it all in the car. (put the top down, load it, close top works well)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2009, 12:39 PM »

It is truly a shocking change...  And my Toy/Diaper/Grocery runs end with a "Puzzle" of how to get it all in the car. (put the top down, load it, close top works well)

On that same note, it's really a pain in the ass to go on a grocery run with my wife and daughter in my truck.  1/3 of the back seat is taken up with a carseat.  The jump seat is folded up and that doesn't provide much room for groceries.  As I'm sure you know, groceries in the bed are pretty much a no go unless you want to resack everything when you get home.  So we take my wife's Santa Fe when we do that.

My truck is actually better for road trips because my daughter is easier to get to and the luggage fits better in the bed of the truck than in the cargo compartment of the Santa Fe.

I wonder how all of that's going to work out when I finally buy my Jeep.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Took my beloved truck in this morning to have the starter replaced (see 2 posts above).  I would do this myself, but I'm past the age of enjoying work on cars...I loved it in HS though.  Anyway, the guys at Midas (whom I've taken my truck to for years) pull the starter and check out the flexplate as I was getting a grinding sound sometimes when starting.  Well, about two inches of teeth are missing on the flexplate, also called the flywheel for you manual transmission folks....and the starter still is broken.

I expected a tooth or two to be missing and the starter needed to be replaced as the truck is 10 years old and I expected to spend about $350.  Midas guy calls and tells me it's going to hurt at $1000 to get the two damaged pieces replaced.  So I've got to get it done.  I've been planning on selling the truck, but wasn't going to until next year, after I had my wife's car paid off and I had a chance to sock away a big down payment on the next car.  So now I find myself wondering do I need to get rid of it now?  It needs to have the door lock actuators replaced and one other little thing that I know off.  The truck as 123000 miles on it and as you can see is in good condition.

So, I've been looking around online at cars and I'm leaning towards one of these.  I've thought about getting the Jeep wrangler unlimited, but I'm really wanting something big as that's pretty much all I've driven my life and feel better about big cars and accidents.  (Three nasty accidents, two of which I was lucky to walk away from without a scratch, and a third with nothing more than powder burns from the airbag).  Part of me wants to get a Ford Crew Cab 4x4, but part wants an SUV.  I haven't owned one in years.

Embrace the suck.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2010, 03:16 PM »
Car payments get old.  Fix the old truck.