Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 29599 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2007, 07:34 PM »
I drive a 2000 Buick Century LE....the collector edition.  You never heard of the collector edition??? Well, that is what the dealer told me, one of a kind - only sold that year - so, of course, I had to have THAT ONE.  Everytime we see another 'collector edition' on the road my husband snorts and acts like he is having some type of damn heart-attack...jackass.
Beth

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2007, 09:03 PM »
We added a second car last month for the girlfriend to take with her to school.  We went with the Nissan Versa - like this, but in black:

Cool tone on tone license plate Rob!  I know the black one must lose the effect since the plate is blue, but the one in the photo is hot.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2007, 09:20 PM »
We added a second car last month for the girlfriend to take with her to school.  We went with the Nissan Versa - like this, but in black:

I actually took a test drive in a Versa yesterday.  I thought it was okay for the price, but it seemed like the transmission was gear-hunting as I accelerated.  And the salesman told me that the trannie was designed so that you would get better fuel economy.  Hmmm.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Better fuel economy.

That's one of the #1 reasons we bought it.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2007, 02:54 AM »
Better fuel economy.

That's one of the #1 reasons we bought it.

That's why I'll be buying my Camaro in 2009 - it will have the cylinder management system (whatever the trendy term is) where it uses 8 cylinders when you need them for the acceleration and 4 cylinders when you're cruising.  I'm only interested in it for the fuel economy, not the 400+ horsepower.  ;)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2007, 03:42 PM »
I've got a 2006 Toyota Matrix. I love this damn car though no one can seem to find the right brakes for it and I squeal like a bastard at stop lights...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 3, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Here's my current Mustang - 2006 Ford Mustang V-6

The gas mileage is OK, but considering my drive to work is 6 miles round trip with 10,000+ traffic lights, my mileage can't be too good.  :P
« Last Edit: July 3, 2007, 05:08 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 3, 2007, 03:38 PM »
Oh, and we're down two cylinders.  The 97 Pathfinder was traded in a week ago for a 2006 Nissan Altima special edition.  The other car is mine, a '98 Altima with 278,000 km (167K miles) on it.  Only another nine years of driving that until I turn it over to my daughter.

Welllllllllllll....

We're down another four cylinders.  My wife's Altima, yeah, the 2006, got rear-ended late last week.  Initial damage estimate is $8000 :o  Not a right off, but ouch.  Dude rear-ended her pretty much without breaking it seems.  Rear quarter panel has to come off (it's welded on) plus the whole rear end is a mess to the point of buckling the trunk floor.  If you think a Smart Car would have endured that collision, you're welcome to it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I revenged myself all over myself.
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: July 3, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Dude rear-ended her pretty much without breaking it seems.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 3, 2007, 04:52 PM »
That's remarkably restrained, considering.  So thanks.   :-*

Rephrase: a halfton truck crashed into the back of my wife's Altima.  (I can't do anything about metaphors, but yeah, it could have been written more betterly). 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 3, 2007, 04:55 PM »
LOL, out loud.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 3, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Dude rear-ended her pretty much without breaking it seems.

All joking aside though Brent -- is your wife okay?  That had to have been one hell of a hit.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 3, 2007, 05:07 PM »
(I can't do anything about metaphors, but yeah, it could have been written more betterly). 

I think this part could also "have been written more betterly"...
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 3, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Yeah, she's actually in really good shape.  She was a bit sore the first day, but has been improving pretty steadily.  Her hands are more sore than her neck, which is a bit surprising, but she saw the truck in the mirror so gripped the steering wheel pretty hard and I think that's where a lot of impact was felt.  She's got a pretty good headache right now though :-\  Overall she'll be fine, Matt's comment notwithstanding prick

I was going to upload a photo of the damage but here at work we don't have any software so I can obscure the license plate number, so maybe once I get home.  It's actually kind of impressive although really, really annoying.  I don't really sweat minor fender benders in terms of the longevity of a car, but $8000+ in damage ain't minor, so I'm not sure how this thing is going to handle going down the road. 

Online Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I revenged myself all over myself.
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: July 3, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Yeah, she's actually in really good shape.  She was a bit sore the first day, but has been improving pretty steadily.  Her hands are more sore than her neck, which is a bit surprising