Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 114916 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #120 on: July 3, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Oh bugger off, I'm not rephrasing everything you take out of context, you perverted bastard.   :D

(I can't do anything about metaphors, but yeah, it could have been written more betterly). 

I think this part could also "have been written more betterly"...

Really, I thought it was English ritten reelly good.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #121 on: July 3, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Oh bugger off, I'm not rephrasing everything you take out of context, you perverted bastard.   :D

:)

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear about the wreck.  There's nothing more traumatic than an unexpected rear collision, but it sounds like she came out of it like a champ.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2007, 05:45 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 3, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Thank God that your daughter wasn't with her when it happened.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 3, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Thank God that your daughter wasn't with her when it happened.

Nicely done.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Anyone drive a CUV?  My wife and I are looking at minivans and CUVs.  Toyota (Sienna/Highlander) and Honda  (odyssey/Pilot) are frontrunners.  But in doing some reading, I am inclined to look at the Hyundai veraCruz, the Mazda CX_9 and the Buick Enclave.

Anyone with experiences - first hand, second hand?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Minivans are a sign of the apocalypse.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2007, 12:44 AM »

Yeah...  Don't buy one. :)

Actually I think you're further ahead getting an SUV then, but that's me...  And I'm not a proponent of SUV's.  They're generally safer though, and mini-vans aren't great on the gas mileage, or at least they weren't...  I don't know much about the models you mentioned but have some experience with Chevy/Dodge vans from the mid to late 1990's...  Not vehicles I am fond of.  Also they handle odd IMO, but whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2007, 07:12 AM »
Anyone drive a CUV?  My wife and I are looking at minivans and CUVs.  Toyota (Sienna/Highlander) and Honda  (odyssey/Pilot) are frontrunners.  But in doing some reading, I am inclined to look at the Hyundai veraCruz, the Mazda CX_9 and the Buick Enclave.

Having owned a Dodge Caravan I can relay that you should avoid one at all costs.  Having said that, are you set on having a third row seat?  If not, the new Honda CR-V's are worth a look.  We were all set to buy a Pilot until we started comparing it to the CR-V.  Much roomier on the inside than one would expect, plus it is much easier on the gas and wallet than an Odyssey or Pilot.   My experience with Honda's have always been very positive -- you can't seem to go wrong with one. 

Edmunds.com has a tool where you can compare 3 cars side-by-side.  The most helpful tool we found on that site was the "True Cost to Own" calculator.  It breaks down your expected costs over the first 5 years and what it truly costs to own the car for 10 years (?).  Between the price difference and the Cost to Own difference, we were looking at a Pilot costing over 20 grand more than the CR-V. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2007, 11:57 AM »

2003 Ford Focus Wagon, silver.

It isn't pretty and it doesn't particularly impress the ladies, but it runs great and gets me where I need to go. The "wagon" component is great for hauling large and heavy objects. The brakes are good and the center of gravity is really low so I can take corners at speed without flipping.

Plus it's my parents' car, they pay for the insurance on it, and all I need to do is pay for the gas and the occasional oil change--so I'm not going to complain that it isn't glamorous. ;D

And at least it's not ... *dun dun dun* a minivan. :-*
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:05 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2007, 03:31 PM »

And at least it's not ... *dun dun dun* a minivan. :-*

Might as well be. ;)

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2007, 01:33 AM »
The minivan just is hard to swallow, so we need some options for a vehicle that can seat five or more with some comfort.  Our VW wagon just ain't cutting it.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2007, 02:32 AM »
a vehicle that can seat five or more with some comfort.

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2007, 02:57 AM »

;D

But seriously I have a Chevy Venture (Minivan Nation) and a Mazda 323

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2007, 12:39 PM »
The minivan just is hard to swallow, so we need some options for a vehicle that can seat five or more with some comfort.  Our VW wagon just ain't cutting it.

Yeah, the minivan is hard to swallow, but we couldn't find anything that fit our needs other than a minivan. We needed space for at least five, and two of those had to accomodate bulky carseats for a couple of preschoolers. We were looking at the CUV-type autos with three rows, but they had limited access to the third row if the carseats were installed in the second row. We needed pretty good access for my wife's mom, so our only option left was a minivan with sliding side doors. And when we were looking for minivans, the one with the highest safety rating at the time was the Kia Sedona. And that's what we've got...2007, silver, and we're totally happy with it (other than it being a minivan and all). ;)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2007, 12:45 PM »
I think I've posted here before, but if not, we have two cars.  I drive a 2000 F150 4x4.  It's all paid off, so the gas really isn't that bad.  I also drive just 2 miles to get to work.  I'm thinking I may start getting my wife to drop me off and I'll jog home after work.  I have debated in a year or two getting one of those new 4 door Jeep Wranglers.  I've been wanting one for a while and with a baby on the way, I'll need to be able to get one in the back and the pickup makes that a little different, even with four doors.

My wife drives an '04 Hyndai Sante Fe that she loves.  She is dead set on not owning a minivan, so we decided to go the small SUV route.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.