Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 114919 times)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys!

Jayson, very nice Camaro you have there. Love the plate.  :D I don't think I mentioned it, but my '98 Z28 only has 63,000 miles on it, so we're just about even there. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:33 PM by JGordon24 »
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2008, 03:15 AM »

Hah, I wish.

My real ride (Focus wagon) is a few pages back.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2008, 03:20 AM »
I suddenly feel the urge to go to a carnival.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2008, 09:53 AM »
 :P  ;D
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2008, 03:38 PM »
what the hell is that thing looking over obi wan's shoulder??
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2008, 07:21 PM »
3PO
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 1, 2008, 01:28 AM »
My wife and I have been delaying a family car purchase for about 6 months now, but with the radiator in my wife's 1999 Camry going out, we "broke down" and bought a new silver 08 Highlander.  We got the base model with a few other options added.  It's the first large car we've owned.   My BMW 2000 323Ci still runs fine although I don't drive it very much because it's tougher to get the baby car seat in and out of the car and the stroller doesn't fit in the trunk.  With the help of a relative, we're going to try replacing the Camry's radiator as a side project during one of these upcoming weekends.  We like the Camry a lot and the MPG we get out of it.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 1, 2008, 11:27 AM »
unless it's buried up under a whole lot of front end, radiator replacements are a piece of cake.  you shouldn't have a problem.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 1, 2008, 12:05 PM »
unless it's buried up under a whole lot of front end, radiator replacements are a piece of cake.  you shouldn't have a problem.

That's good to know.  It doesn't appear to be buried beneath a bunch of things, but there are a couple of fans that are attached to it.  Hopefully those will come off pretty easily as well as the hoses that are connected to it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #159 on: July 9, 2008, 02:17 AM »
the wife drives a 2004 merc mountaineer premier AWD. got it new when we hade the first kid. and i drive a 1997 ranger extra cab V6 auto with a 5" lift with some weld wheels and 31" BFG's, just use it to work. the toys are 1968 ford mustang J code hi-po 302 with closed chambered heads with deluxe interior. sunlite gold with nugget gold interior. the other is a 1968 ford mustang convertable with the same J code engine and auto tranny with golfstream aqua exterior and light and dark aqua interior. in San Diego you can drive with the top down all year long. since the kids the toys are just taking up space in the drive way for 4 years. :( :( :( :( ...
He's no good to me open

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2008, 10:33 PM »
I recently went from this

to this in the last few weeks

Gas mileage is about the same, but I'm x10 safer and insurance is a ton less.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:53 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Not sure why the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the truck, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Hahaha!  Nice upgrade ya bloke!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2008, 05:39 PM »

That's good to know.  It doesn't appear to be buried beneath a bunch of things, but there are a couple of fans that are attached to it.  Hopefully those will come off pretty easily as well as the hoses that are connected to it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Yup, the radiator replacement didn't turn out to be a lot of effort.  I have to attribute that mostly to my cousin's experience with replacing a radiator before.  I'm sure it would have taken me a lot more time if I were fixing it myself this past weekend.

We probably spent about 3 hours on the whole thing.  We didn't have much trouble finding and taking off all the screws connecting the radiator to the frame of the car.  We had to disconnect the 2 fans that were attached to the radiator and reattached them to the new radiator.  We put in the new radiator (we ordered a new one over the internet), reconnected everything, and filled the radiator all the way up.

After starting the car, the temperature gauge shot up to the "H" area after a few minutes of running the car, so we knew there was still something wrong.  We found a leak in one of the connections at the bottom of the radiator.  We took care of that with a new plastic o-ring and some teflon tape.  There also must have been a big air pocket in the radiator. After filling it up and running the car for a few more minutes, we found that the fluid level was low again.  We topped off the radiator fluid once more, and temperature gauge finally stayed at normal which is a little less that half way between C and H fo rthis car.  There were no more leaks, and the car appears to be running fine now.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2008, 07:14 PM »
nicely done.

While I genuinely don't like working on cars, I can't deny the sense of satisfaction that comes from having finished a repair job.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39 PM »
One step closer to driving the 2010 Camaro - production photos were leaked today!

The V6 will be a 305 HP toy, but things really get fun with the V8: 395 HP for the automatic and 416 HP for the manual.  And you can even save a few litres of gas when the cylinder deactivation kicks in to go down to 4 cylinders when cruising on the highway.  8)

A great article from Edmunds

And a short clip too

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:02 AM by JesseVader08 »