Author Topic: 2006 Exclusives  (Read 25508 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2006 Exclusives
« on: October 31, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Well, Rebelscum has another "411" up at their site, this time detailing the exclusives for the next year.  If true, it looks like a whole heck of a lot of them again, and once again...I feel for completists.

Here's a few of the highlights, visit the link for more info:

TRU
Clone Wars Gunner
Battle Packs - Demise of Boba Fett, Defense of the Senate
Vehicles - Rebel Armored Snowspeeder, Endor AT-AT

Target
General Grievous Demise Action Figure
Snow Bunny Amidala
Battle Packs - Skirmish in the Senate, General Windu's Squadron
Collector Cases - SAGA style

Wal-Mart
Basic Lightsaber w/DVD
Basic Lightsaber Classic Battle Packs
Glow in the Dark Lightsabers

Also cleverly hinted at in the closing write up is a new George Lucas figure exclusive, and an online retailer Kir Kanos figure.  Again, read the story at the above link for further details.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:45 PM by mosnab »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2006 Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Well, Rebelscum has another "411" up at their site, this time detailing the exclusives for the next year.  If true, it looks like a whole heck of a lot of them again, and once again...I feel for completists.

OK...

Stuff I'm excited to see/hear more about:

New Battle Packs - these will totally depend on figure selection for me to care about them.  If they are all repacks, I couldn't care less about them.

TRU Clone Wars Gunner - Um... what is this again?  :-[

TRU Zev Senesca - excited for another rebel pilot, but I'm mad if I have to buy an old vehicle for a new figure - I hate that  >:(

Target Snow Bunny Amidala - could be great if it's Animated Style!

EE Kir Kanos - GH rumored this one and I'm still not sure how he'd be different from a Red Guard minus the Cloth Robe?  Removable Helmet?

Another Lucas figure?  ::)

And of course, more clones = Good (with the usual disclaimers - with SA sculpt, not the #6/#38; with movie paint schemes, not EU made-up troopers; and cheap, not $15 each with star case)

The rest?  Eh.  :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 03:01 PM »
I feel much the same way Jeff, much of this depends on figure selection and execution (particularly the Battle Packs).  Some of them sound like they could be kind of neat, others not so much.  Here's some of the things I'm interested in...

TRU Snowspeeder - Ok, I missed the earlier modern ones, and this is one of my favorite vehicles, so I'm looking forward to it.  If it comes with Zev, that would be cool too, but would I agree stink for those of you who already have more than enough Snowspeeders.

TRU "Endor" AT-AT - Another one I'm excited about.  Never had one, and definitely want one.  This will likely be the "big ticket" item for me next year that I'll need to save up for.

Target Snow Bunny Amidala - Surprised by this one, and I hope it is as good as everyone is hoping.

Clone Wars Gunner - I'm also drawing a blank on this one at the moment....

Battle Packs - Like Jeff mentioned, depends on figure selection.  The Skirmish in the Senate could be cool, even if it included Yoda, Palpy (Evo would be nice), and a handful of Shocktroopers.  I know I would have loved that set as a kid watching this movie.  Curious about the Boba Fett one as well, we'll have to see.

General notes....do Wal-Mart's exclusives once again suck or what?  Aside from the "twin" packs and sometimes cool DVD 3 packs, they really get crappy exclusives.  Then again, I'm sure they have some say in it, and must see that the lightsabers are better sellers with the kiddos.  Sadly, WM seems to have a lot of say with toy companies, so hopefully their tastes don't skew the entire line eventually.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Clone War Gunner = one of the two clones in the gunships with the big guns in the first episode of season 2 of the cartoon?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 03:07 PM »
OK seriously, most of these recent rumors sound too good to be true. Talz Jedi AND Republic Commando AND Snow Bunny Padme AND Endor AT-AT AND.....

Seriously, this all is sending up a lot of red flags on my BS-o-Meter. After holding out on us for years, there's no way Hasbro could be doing this many high-demand (even EU!) figures in one year. And yet ... maybe they're finally wising up?

--Clone Wars gunner -- Mikey beat me to it, but I was also guessing this is from the first episode of the Toon Volume 2. Remember this guy:

Or it could be the guy with the quad-cannon and biker scout helmet. I'd prefer movie-style, but I wouldn't turn down an animated version.

--More Skiff Guards BP -- could be good; we'll see what they come up with

--The Defense Of The Senate BP. I don't know what it is, but I like Senate stuff so it intrigues me.

--grassstained Endor AT-AT -- now this is truly awesome! I just hope it isn't $190 or something ridiculous. :-\ I'd very happily forgo the electronics if it meant a cheaper sticker.

--Grievous Demise -- waiting to see what it is

--Snow Bunny Padme -- whether it's movie-style or animated, either way I'll be a very happy camper. Unfortunately being a Target exclusive it'll be $15 or even $19. >:( I mean, if they charge $13 for a rudimentary clone repaint, I can't see them going any lower for something requiring extensive new work if not an outright new sculpt.

--Skirmish In The Senate and General Windu clones -- sounding good!

--George Lucas figure -- must be Papanoida?

--Kir Kanos -- waiting to see. Not sure how much of an improvement on the ROTS guard this can be, besides a removable helmet of some sort
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Clone War Gunner = one of the two clones in the gunships with the big guns in the first episode of season 2 of the cartoon?

Ok, that's the one I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.  That would be pretty cool then.  I wonder if this, and the Padme, will be in the animated style then?  Be kind of a neat way to continue that line I guess, although the almost sure higher pricepoint wouldn't be the best.  Either way, I'll pick both of these up most likely.  Again, we have to see/hear more about these though first.  Could be an expensive year, especially for completists.  Lots of stuff for a non-movie year it seems.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 03:35 PM »

These are the gunners…
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 03:39 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Hmm... this is a very either/or list for me.  Definitely depends on execution.

Clone Wars Gunner:  Either one of those guys would be neat.

Boba Demise BP:  I don't know... doesn't sound interesting at all, unless there's a Skiff Guard Klatuu in it, or maybe a VOTC Fett.

Senate Defense BP: This is odd since it sounds so similar to the one Target is getting, and there's next to nothing in description in the report.  I have no idea at all what it could be.

Endor AT AT- This is going to be EXPENSIVE.  I imagine it will be window boxed, but w/o the legs attached.  Hopefully they'll have the backdrop be like the AT AT is docked at the platform like in the movie.

Grievous Demise: Could care less personally.

Snow Bunny Padme: The best news of the day.  CW or movie style, I'm good.

Senate Skirmish: If it's not a Senate Duel Palpatine, then I'll pass, even if it has more Shocktroopers.

Windu Squad: Since it will probably be EU clones, I'll wait and see.

Lucas fig: Probably Papanodia.  I don't know about this one.

Kir Kanos: I knew it. 

The WM stuff... I suppose if you like lightsabers.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 03:51 PM »
I was just looking over that list at RS again, and it looks like they've modified the "Clone Wars Gunner" to "Clone Wars Gunship" now.  I thought maybe I misread it the first time, but I had actually saved the text in an ongoing "rumor" list that I have on our computer, and it was originally gunner.  So perhaps it is a gunship now?  Or maybe it will be changed again.  Having a CW-style Gunship painted like the one in the toon would be kind of neat, although I don't know where I'd put it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Yep, they changed it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 03:55 PM »
I wonder if it will be style toward the cartoon line or the movie line because the 'toon Clone probably won't fit in the cockpit. Maybe they could include a exclusive Pilot?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 04:09 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Speaking of redeco - I'd love to see a new Gunship with CW decoration.  Especially the one with the "teeth" towards the front.  Wow, did I call that one or what!?

These exclusives, for the most part, are very lame.

Battle Packs don't interest me  unless there are clones involved. 

I'll bite on Padme (who wouldn't)  :P and maybe the new AT-AT if it has a cool box and unique figures.

But what's with all the lightsabers?  Really you only need the $8 ones and the $20 versions...

Kir Kanos?  Lamest EE exclusive yet (tie with X-Mas Jawas).  No creativity involved here at all.

And who gives a **** about an overpriced Greivous?  I'm happy with the five I have.

::)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 04:40 PM by ruiner »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I'm not believing any of this until I see pics or hear about it from all the other sites. These RS 411's are a joke, as they offer NO new information ("It's possible __(figure name)__ could be a resculpt, but we're betting it's a repack!"), and sometimes they seem to be talking out of their ass.

HOWEVER, if this is true, it sounds like TRU has the best exclusives of the bunch. What a surprise!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Well, if that list is true, or even 50% true, it looks like I'm actually behind those TRU exclusives as well. I'll happily take a CW Gunship, and and Endor AT-AT will go well with the AT-ST Endor version. Battlepacks? I can only see these getting worse next year.

What are the odds that the AT-AT will be stripped of electronics and pack-in figures? I'm having a hard time believing that they'd bite on an exclusive that went beyong 59.99 these days, and I can't imagine them selling the ship for less than that without losing something. And the electronics, if kept, will make no sense in an Endor scenario.

As for Target, it looks like they've been hooked on lame repaints and ways to overcharge for basic figures and are intent to see it through to the bitter in. I hope they choke on Grievous next year, if true.

Glad to hear the Walmart stuff is focused on role play. I can skip those.  :)

As for that article, it would be nice to read the rumors without having the paragraphs of speculation and subjective opinion included. It lessens the rumor credibility in my eyes. Just my opinion, though.  :-*

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Looks like I'l be passing the 50% of the these.

Definates:
CW Gunship
Endor AT-AT
Snow Bunny Padme
General Windu's Squad

Passes:
Everything else especially the Kir Kanos. They could of really went all out and gave us a Quinlan Vos figure. But they decide to go for the cheap and make another royal guard figure. Whoopee.
I remember my dream now.