Author Topic: Some(more) test shots...11/16/05  (Read 3262 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Some(more) test shots...11/16/05
« on: November 1, 2005, 11:15 AM »
OK, I know how to use a camera, I know how to use photoshop, but I'm just figuring out how to use both on such tiny subjects. I've already posted these in the Customs forum, but I think that might have been the wrong place.

Please evaluate and comment on the following. They may or may not grow to be a part of a PN, so for right now just take them as they are and comment on my effects/lighting.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 03:12 PM by In Rem »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Some test shots...
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Wow, you've aready got the technical aspects down it seems!  Those pics look very nice to say the least... What is the big orange thing?  Is it part of a rock or something, from the POTF2 electronic R2D2?  I'd try and tone that down just a bit if possible, and the clones appear a tad dark.  But they still look great and I can tell it's supposed to be a gloomy battle environment.

Can't wait to see what you show us!

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly what that orange rock is (base for elec. R2 from POTF). As far as I'm concerned, this is its last appearance :).

The Clones do look dark, but I found that if I left them lighter than that you could *really* tell they were toys. I'm not trying to make them look real, but I would like to be able to trick the eye into looking past the obvious joints and whatnot to appreciate the whole (like you do with RE, CHEWIE).

I'll probably take a stab at shooting some better pics, then play around a little more with the color and light balance. I need to do an action scene with guns blazing... I smell another round of photoshop fun tonight. :)

Thanks for the feedback, CHEWIE.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2005, 10:04 PM »
good job in-rem. your smoke and blaster effects look good. i like the background blaster effects in the first 2 scenes. all the small details in the background really add a touch of realism to it, looks like it could be a shot from a movie. i agree about the orange rock, too bright. otherwise the scenes lok really good and i can't wait to see your photo novels.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 3, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Hey, very nice test shots!!!

The figures look so damn life like!  And your composite effects are great.  Great blaster work, too.

I love the first two, not crazy about #3.  It looks a little fake...the reds are too red.

However, the text in that shot is very cool!

Definintely use the font you use in shot #2.  It looks much better.

Looks like you have the mad skillz to make some kick ass photonovels!  So let's get to it!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Some(more) test shots...11/16/05
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:17 PM »
I'm getting closer and closer to just breaking down and doing a photo novel... for the time being:

Sedo Crus and the Defense of Coruscant. This would not be the Clone Wars/RotS invasion, but a poorly planned and poorly executed operation by Odo Gunray in a bid to win approval from his superiors... all is going well until:

And this is just something that could work its way into any story about a coming battle. :)

Comments are welcome... like I said, I'm getting very close to just breaking down and stringing together a story... time is the only major issue.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Oh man, those are wonderful! They look totally real. What program do you use?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 08:03 PM »
Oh man, those are wonderful! They look totally real. What program do you use?

An old version of Photoshop. And thanks so much for the kind words.