Author Topic: Numbering System 100+ ?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Numbering System 100+ ?
« on: November 1, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Not sure if anyone mentioned it before, but looking at the numbering on the figs it looks like this Series will be over a 100 figs or should I say has the potential to go over that number.  If you are not familiar with what I am talking about, I am referring to the 3 decimal places in the numbering system.  That or Hasbro is leaving an open door to continue this Series over the next couple of years if things work out.

Could be nothing as well, since the EP1 Commtech chips had numbers that led you to believe that there would be over 100 figs. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Numbering System 100+ ?
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2005, 11:28 AM »
I noticed that too, and I'm kind of hoping that will be the case.  The new cardbacks (silver and black style) seem to be something that most everyone likes, and it would be nice to see the same "theme" carry on for awhile now.  New packaging is always exciting, but its kind of nice to have a nice, longer lasting line once in awhile too.  Since the movies are all done now, I think "The Saga Collection" encompasses things pretty well, and they can hopefully continue on this way for a little while anyways.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2005, 12:04 PM »
Yeah, I can see this going for a few years, and getting into higher numbers.  Any product connected with the forthcoming TV shows will be packaged seperately.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2005, 12:24 PM »
I would think so too Mike, but the interesting thing about this line is that its including not only figures from the movies, but also a video game and a few figures from the Clone Wars microseries. I could almost see Hasbro trying a wave or two of tv show figures within TSC to test the waters.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2005, 02:27 PM »
I imagine TSC will be the line until the TV stuff pops up, whenever that is, so the numbering is probably a safe bet on Hasbro's part.  But then a sure fire way to scare off new kiddies in 2007 is to pick up a figure numbered #127.   :)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Lando, you've got a point there. Maybe this wil be a catch-all line.  I was just thinking about how I wish Hasbro would just throw some animation style Clone Wars figures into TSC. It would make sense to me, and I'd buy them.  As it is, they seem to be doing "real world" characters from the cartoon.  While that's cool, I'd rather have more proper animated figs.  I think that Hasbro has completely missed the boat with the cartoons.  But that's Hasbro...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Jim. I completely missed that. I kind of liked the '03, '04. '05 thing though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2005, 04:48 AM »
Flash forward to 2008: TSC #341 - Covert Stealth Wookie Hologram.   ;)

I'm bored.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #8 on: November 3, 2005, 02:39 AM »
I imagine TSC will be the line until the TV stuff pops up, whenever that is, so the numbering is probably a safe bet on Hasbro's part.  But then a sure fire way to scare off new kiddies in 2007 is to pick up a figure numbered #127.   :)

I think the potential this 3-digit number scheme has is to allow Hasbro the opportunity to put lower numbered figures back in cases months or years (if it goes that long) down the road. Say we get to figure #127, you might see in the same case #005, #026, and #099. A good way for Hasbro to number things out and yet still have the opportunity to refresh cases with older figures, similar to what they are currently doing in the ROTS line.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot