Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174360 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)
« on: November 2, 2005, 12:18 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

A Clone Wars story

As the Republic is ravaged by the Clone Wars, the Jedi and Grand Clone Army of the Republic continue their search for Count Dooku and General Grievous.

The Jedi act as Generals on the field of battle, instructing the Clones and advanced engineered Commanders. However, as like the atmosphere in the Republic Senate, fear & distrust race across the galaxy.

As the Clone Wars continue to drag on, a victory followed by a defeat every week, the Republic continues to strive for peace while maintaing hope for a return to the peaceful times that lasted for over a 1,000 years.

And it begins...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 05:06 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel (test)
« Reply #1 on: November 2, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Always impressed with the clarity of your pics and how you are able to come up with very believable environments using items most of us wouldn't think of.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Welcome, Longhorn!

I look forward to seeing more of your great stories!  Welcome to the JD forums!!

Now get back to work!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 4, 2005, 09:51 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 1

On the distant planet of Raxus Prime…

Alpha:   This is the last one, sir. 
Cmdr. Bacara:   Any sign of activity here?

Alpha:   Just one security droid, sir.  One more than the last barracks yesterday.

Cmdr. Bacara:   This one is not worth our time.  Call in the Kimcharise to bomb the facility.
Alpha:   Yes, sir.

Ki-Adi Mundi:   Not so fast, Commander.  Cancel the order for the gunship.

Ki-Adi:   I want to verify that Grievous is not on this planet.  This is the last of the strongholds.  If we destroy the General, I want physical proof he is dead.  Have your Marines secure the barracks.
Cmdr. Bacara:   As you wish…

Cmdr. Bacara:   I want one squad to circle around the barracks!  The other with me!  Leave nothing standing!  Move out!!

Ki-Adi:   Be cautious, Commander.  I have a bad feeling about this.  May the Force be with you.

Cmdr. Bacara:   If Grievous is inside, then this war will end here and now.

Alpha:   The security droid has dropped to the ground, sir.

Cmdr. Bacara:   Take him down quickly, trooper.
Alpha:   Yes, sir.

BLAST!   

Cmdr. Bacara:   Now, circle right and activate your electronic visor.  Beta Team:  Report!

Beta:   We have reached the back of the barracks.  No sign of ………wait…….I hear……

Beta:   Destroyer droids!!!  Cover! Cover!

BLAST! BALST! BLAST! BLAST! BLAST!   
Beta:   Too late!!!   Aaarrggghhhh…..

Cmdr. Bacara:   Beta Team is down. 
Alpha:   Sir, the barracks are opening…..

Alpha:   Droids!!!

Cmdr. Bacara:   You know what to do, troopers!

BLAST! BLAST! BLAST!   

Cmdr. Bacara:   FIRE!!!

Thud! Thud!   

Alpha:   The destroyer droids!

Cmdr. Bacara:   General Mundi will dispose of them.....not soon enough...

Ki-Adi:   Sweep the barracks, Commander.  Grievous must be inside.

Alpha:   Another droid coming…

Cmdr. Bacara:   This one’s mine!

Cmdr. Bacara:   Check the rest of the barracks. 

Alpha:   Nothing, sir.  Only a few droid parts.

Gamma:   The same on this side, sir.  Nothing but screws and bolts.

Alpha:   I’ll check the roof.

Alpha:   Commander!  I found…..something….

Cmdr. Bacara:   Report!  What do you see?!

Alpha:   I see…..Grievous’….

Clunk!   

Cmdr. Bacara:   Magna Guards!!!  Spread out!!!

Continued below...
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel
« Reply #4 on: November 4, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Cmdr. Bacara:   Stay away from the staffs!

Gamma:   Aaaaahhh!!!

Cmdr. Bacara (thinking):   Rifle is worthless in close combat…

Cmdr. Bacara:   Last chance…..

Cmdr. Bacara (thinking):   Just a little closer….

Cmdr. Bacara:   Now!! AAAHHH!!!

Ki-Adi:   Grievous must be close!

Ki-Adi:   But, first to dispose of his “companions.”

Ki-Adi:   I’ll take that!

Ki-Adi:   You have failed your General!

Ki-Adi:   Commander!!   CATCH!!!

Cmdr. Bacara:   Got it!

Cmdr. Bacara:   Now, this makes things even…

Cmdr. Bacara:   Where is General Grievous?!  TELL ME!!!

Cmdr. Bacara:   I will give you one more opportunity to answer my question:  WHERE IS GENERAL GRIEVOUS?!

Cmdr. Bacara:  Stop wasting my time!

Cmdr. Bacara:  Mission accomplished…

Ki-Adi:   Good work, Commander.  Your training has served you well.

Delta:   Reinforcements have arrived, Commander.
Cmdr. Bacara:   Reinforcements?  I did not call for…..

Ki-Adi:   I called for reinforcements, Commander.  Wasn’t sure if your Marines were going to be enough to take down Grievous. 

Cmdr. Bacara:   My men can handle anything thrown at them.
Ki-Adi:   I can see that now.  Nevertheless, this adventure proved worthless.  Grievous is not here.  He only left these droids as a distraction.

Ki-Adi:   Pick up the wounded, and bury the dead, Commander.  I will report our result to the Council.

Cmdr. Bacara:   Do as the General says, trooper.
Delta:   Yes, sir!

Cmdr. Bacara:   And trooper…….call for the Kimcharise to destroy this place.  I want nothing left standing.
Delta:   Yes, sir.

Cmdr. Bacara:   Should have done that from the beginning…

Continued below...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 4, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Chapter 2

Back on Coruscant, the Jedi Council have just viewed Ki-Adi Mundi’s report on Raxus Prime.

Shaak Ti:   That is the end of Master Mundi’s transmission.

Mace Windu:   Ki-Adi’s frustration was obvious.  Again Grievous proves to be one step ahead of us.  He was reported on Raxus Prime only three days ago.

Yoda:   Knew of our attack, Grievous did.  Strange this is…

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Palpatine will not be pleased, since he was against sending what few Clones we had to hunt down Grievous.

Mace Windu:   Palpatine’s attention is spread over too many objectives.  He wants to end the war, but also secure the Inner Core.
Saesee Tiin:   His current legislation to allow Clones to become Coruscant’s Galactic Security is only adding to his distractions.

Kit Fisto:   We must not allow him to lose focus on capturing Count Dooku or Grievous.  The war will end if they are destroyed.

Mace Windu:   Here he comes now, late as usual…

Chancellor Palpatine:   Please excuse my tardiness.  As you know, several Senators are opposed to my plan for the Galactic Security of Coruscant.  Their inquiries only delay the inevitable.

Mace Windu:   Think nothing of it, Chancellor.  We were just discussing the latest report from Master Mundi.  His latest assignment proved unsuccessful in locating Grievous.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Another disappointment.  Was your intelligence not correct, then?

Yoda:   Knew of our plans to attack, the General did.  Now, the search continues…

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Our intelligence was correct about Grievous’ location, since he left several Magna Guards behind.

Shaak Ti:   We have several more Jedi looking for him and Count Dooku.  It will only be a matter of time before we find both of them.

Chancellor Palpatine:   And if you don’t?  I am sorry to sound so negative, but in our continued hunts for the Count and his General, we have found nothing but dust. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   Could they not just be leading us on a wild Bantha chase?  Meanwhile, with our Clones being re-positioned, the Seperatists come closer to taking back several planets in the Inner Core. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   With this ongoing conflict, the people of these planets may begin to believe the rhetoric from the Seperatists, that we cannot protect them.  This may lead to these crucial planets leaving the Republic, and joining the Seperatists. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   Peace is our objective, not just the death of two evil beings.  I understand how important Dooku & Grievous are to ending the War.  However, the Senate is not pleased when we lose troops on missions that prove worthless.  I will shoulder the blame for this myself, but the Jedi no longer enjoy their high stature with the Senate or the Republic. There are trying times, for certain.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Now, unfortunately, I am needed in an emergency session of the Senate.  Several Senators have called for a vote on the Galactic Security measure.  I am confident we have the votes to win, though.  I bid you a good day, Jedi.

Mace Windu:   His time spent with us becomes less and less each time.

Saesee Tiin:   He is correct about our failed missions.  Each one brings less hope to the War ending soon.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   There are so few Jedi left that I fear we may not have enough to find either Dooku or Grievous.

Yoda:   No matter, the pursuit of Grievous and Dooku will continue.  Growing the dark side is, difficult to see the future is.  May the Force be with us.

Mace Windu:   Obi-Wan, may we speak to you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Of course, Master.

Mace Windu:   Where is Anakin?
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   He is in the meditation room in the Temple.  He has been very uneasy about something as of late.

Mace Windu:   You must keep him focused, Obi-Wan.  He is quickly frustrated with this War.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   I will, Master.  I am concerned he has been on Coruscant for too long.  He becomes restless with the War going on.

Kit Fisto:   His conversations with the Chancellor may also add to that anxiety. 

Mace Windu:   It is Palpatine I worry about.  His recent actions are questionable.

Mace Windu:   Just watch him carefully, Obi-Wan.  His skills will be needed when we find Dooku or Grievous.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   I will, Master.  And thank you for your concern.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   …..

Continued below...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 4, 2005, 10:11 AM »
Chapter 3

In the Meditation Room at the Jedi Temple, a calm Anakin allows himself to listen to the Force…

Anakin Skywalker:   There is something not right…

Qui-Gon Jinn:   Anakin Skywalker, meet Master Adi Gallia.  She is a dear friend of mine, and the person I confide in regarding the Jedi Council.
Adi Gallia:   It is a pleasure to meet you, Anakin Skywalker. 

Anakin Skywalker:   ……

Anakin Skywalker:   But how am I supposed to know the difference between the Living Force and the visions?
Adi Gallia:   The Living Force will only be here and now.  The visions you have are not from the Living Force, Anakin.

Adi Gallia:   Qui-Gon explained this to me so many times.  Only recently, have I understood what he was talking about.

Adi Gallia:   Because Qui-Gon only made decisions based on the present situation, the Council did not believe he thought about the consequences of his actions.  This was their main riff with Qui-Gon.
Anakin Skywalker:   I understand, Master.  But how did you become so close to him?

Adi Gallia:   Mainly because he was right about a lot of things.  He knew of the Dark Side growing before his attacker appeared on Tatooine.

Adi Gallia:   He knew the Republic was being corrupted.  This war would not have surprised him, nor the allegation by Dooku that the Senate is controlled by a Sith Lord.

Adi Gallia:   It was here in the Meditation Room where I first began to understand the Living Force.  I come here to meditate on these matters.  In time, you will come here to quiet your mind.

Adi Gallia:   Based on your accomplishments, Qui-Gon would have been very proud of you.  You have made the entire Jedi Order proud.
Anakin Skywalker:   Thank you, Master.

Anakin Skywalker:   …..

Anakin Skywalker:   Master Gallia!!!

Anakin Skywalker:   Grievous….

To be continued...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Oh man, this is great! I like your backgrounds, photos and accessories. Neat! The story is good as well.

I am curious about the relationship between Anakin and Adi though. Was this present in some EU story I missed? Or is it made up? Still curious to see how Anakin will retaliate against Grievous' attack...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 6, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Sorry I haven't commented sooner, I really like the new material!

I also like the adi gallia relationship.  The chapter ends on a GREAT cliffhanger.

I will really try to comment more....busy now.  But it's a great new story.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Oh man, this is great! I like your backgrounds, photos and accessories. Neat! The story is good as well.

I am curious about the relationship between Anakin and Adi though. Was this present in some EU story I missed? Or is it made up? Still curious to see how Anakin will retaliate against Grievous' attack...

Thanx!  The story is my own creation.  Basically, just an idea from my head.  :P

I have not updated the last chapters, so here are the last six chapters.  Enjoy!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 10:25 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 4

In the Jedi Temple, Anakin Skywalker waits for Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Anakin Skywalker:   …..

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Anakin, I came as soon as I got your message.  What’s wrong?

Anakin Skywalker:   Master Gallia is in trouble.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   How do you know?

Anakin Skywalker:   I saw Grievous during my meditation.  He is stalking her.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Master Gallia is on a Peace Recovery mission on Adaven.  As for Grievous, his location is still unknown. 

Anakin Skywalker:   Grievous knows where she is…..

Anakin Skywalker:   He knows she is vulnerable.

Anakin Skywalker:   The Council must send a squad to rescue her.  I will go alone if I have to…

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Calm down, Anakin.  We don’t have any evidence that Master Gallia is in trouble or even if Grievous is anywhere near Adaven.
Anakin Skywalker:   I don’t need “evidence.”  I KNOW she is in trouble!

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   There’s no reasoning with you.  We will speak to Master Windu regarding this.  Now, relax.
Anakin Skywalker:   Forgive me, Master. I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Well, I am glad you told me about this first.  I’m surprised you didn’t go to Adaven by yourself.
Anakin Skywalker:   I wouldn’t go without you, Master.  Who would save you while I was gone?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Again you show how great your photography and storytelling abilities are.  Also your use of everyday items really fits in well with the Star Wars look, especially the spice rack things you used in Palpatine's office.  They work perfectly.

One suggestion, and it's minor - would there be any way to show a few establishing shot?  Maybe from a distance?   I think, at least in my opinion, it would be good for variety's sake.

:P

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 5

Later, Count Dooku arrives for a private meeting at The Works, the abandoned manufacturing district on Coruscant.

Darth Sidious:   Welcome, Lord Tyrannus.
Darth Tyrannus:   Lord Sidious, the War goes well.

Darth Tyrannus:   The Grand Army of the Republic is spread across the galaxy.  Their supply lines are stretched beyond the breaking point.  The Jedi ranks are thinned out, and more systems are rallying to join the Separatist movement.
Darth Sidious:   You’ve done well, Tyrannus.

Darth Sidious:   The Jedi are obsessed in their search for Grievous and you.  Their pathetic dedication will play into our hands.
Darth Tyrannus:   Shall we begin the final assault, Master?

Darth Sidious:   The final stages of the War have already begun.  The Republic is  helpless to stop it.
Darth Tyrannus:   What plans do you have for Master Kenobi & Skywalker?

Darth Sidious:   They’re of no concern.  Their destiny lye with me.
Darth Tyrannus:   General Grievous was anxious to begin his next attack.  He is in position now.

Darth Sidious:   Good.  Then, the time has come for your own attack to begin, Lord Tyrannus.  
Darth Tyrannus:   Your wish is my command, Master.

Meanwhile, back at the Jedi Temple, the Jedi discuss the latest developments in the Clone War.

Aayla Secura:   …the report is from Clone Intelligence.  It's the best lead we've had.  That system is supposed to be void of any Separatists.

Kit Fisto:   We must act quickly.  If we delay a response, Grievous could escape again.  The Council must decide which squad will go.  
Aayla Secura:   What about Palpatine?

Mace Windu:   Let’s be cautious.  If we have another failed mission, even Palpatine will not be able to take full responsibility.  We need proof, not leads.  We’ll speak about this at a later time.  

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Master Windu, may we speak to you for a moment?
Mace Windu:   Of course.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Anakin has had some…..visions…..regarding General Grievous.  

Anakin Skywalker:   Actually, of Master Gallia.

Mace Windu:   Master Gallia is surveying Adaven.  The war is over there, and her squad is to assist in the rebuilding.  Reports have General Grievous on the other side of the galaxy.

Anakin Skywalker:   Allow me to go to Adaven to verify she is safe.
Mace Windu:   Your place is here, Skywalker.  I sense much confusion in you.  We have more leads than we can possibly follow-up.  We can’t afford to send additional forces to a planet with no effect on the War, based solely on your “visions.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   But Master, with Grievous’ location still in question, should we not at least verify Master Gallia is safe on Adaven?

Mace Windu:   While I don’t think this warrants any more of our time…..I will send a transmission to Adi.  At least we will receive her estimate regarding how long the rebuilding effort will take.

Anakin Skywalker:   Thank you, Master.  I look forward to her response.  
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Thank you, Master Windu.
Mace Windu:   May the Force be with you both.

Anakin Skywalker:   He doesn’t believe me, Obi-Wan.  I am not confused!  Perhaps if the visions were his own, he would take this more seriously…..

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Calm yourself, Anakin.  We are all on the same side here.  He did say he would contact Master Gallia.  I'm sure everything will be alright.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Now, come on, let’s go to the briefing.  I am interested to know how the War is going.
Anakin Skywalker:   Yes, Master.  I hope you're right.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 10:38 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 6

Originally a Separatist stronghold, Jedi Council member Adi Gallia & Commander Deviss arrive on Adaven to begin the rebuilding effort.

Adi Gallia:   This should be close enough, Commander.

Commander Deviss:   Yes, General.  The base is just over the hill, north of here.

Adi Gallia:   Prepare your men, Commander.  We will see some disturbing things that could rattle the rookies.
Commander Deviss:   Yes, General.  Will we encounter any resistance?

Adi Gallia:   No.  The last reports of the War indicated the Republic succeeded in driving the Droid Armies out of the Adaven system, but only after the “MAYDAY” call from the original battlion.
Commander Deviss:   Is this what you meant by “disturbing?”

Adi Gallia:   Yes, Commander………this is what I meant…………..

Adi Gallia:   Every life is precious to the freedom of the Republic.
Commander Deviss:   We will fight for as long as necessary, General.

Commander Deviss:   This must be the remains of the droids that killed the two troopers.

Commander Deviss:   Four droids versus two Clone troopers.  Our brothers-in-arms did us proud!
Adi Gallia:   …..

Adi Gallia:   Keep moving.  We need to reach the base and see if anyone survived this carnage.

Commander Deviss:   More droids, General.  The Seppes knew this was the base of the Adaven system.

Adi Gallia:   Unfortunately, we did not have enough troops for the initial attack.

Commander Deviss:   Be proud, General.  This solider destroyed four more droids.

Commander Deviss:   According to the map, the base is hidden behind the brush.  Remove those leaves, troopers!

Adi Gallia:   We’re too late…..

Commander Deviss:   Even more droids, General. 
Adi Gallia:   They were trapped…

Commander Deviss:   They did their job, General. 
Adi Gallia:   Nevertheless, this is proof of Grievous’ brutality.  We have to end this War soon.

Commander Deviss:   Pilot, you were to remain with the ship.
Omega:   Sorry, sir!  We’ve received a transmission from Coruscant.

Omega:   The transmission is for you, General Gallia.  From Master Windu.
Adi Gallia:   Master Windu? 

Adi Gallia:   Let’s go, trooper.  Commander Deviss, begin the cleanup process.
Commander Deviss:   Yes, General.

Commander Deviss:   Troopers!  Begin collecting the bodies for burial.

Commander Deviss:   We will give all of our fallen brothers the proper burial, with full honors.

Adi Gallia:   I wonder why Master Windu would contact me here.
Omega:   I don’t know, General, but the message was marked “URGENT.”

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 10:44 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 7

Senators Bail Organa of Alderaan and Padme Amidala of Naboo await Supreme Chancellor’s arrival for a private meeting.

Bail Organa:   Why would he call this private meeting? 
Padme Amidala:   These days, we can never be sure.  With each passing day, he seems more overwhelmed with the War.

Padme Amidala:   Nevertheless, we need to be careful.  No matter what he says, we must closely evaluate any new proposals.
Bail Organa:   I wonder who else he invited? 

Bail Organa:  Governor Wilhuff Tarkin?    Last I heard, he was still battling the Separatists out on the Seswana sector. 
Padme Amidala:   Since the beginning of the War, he has lobbied for stronger weapons and the development of a  battle station.  I don't understand why he would be here, since he is the Governor of Eriadu.

Bail Organa:  We’ll soon have our answers.  Here comes the Chancellor.

Bail Organa:   Well, they seem friendly. 
Padme Amidala:    Yes…......very friendly...…….

Chancellor Palpatine:   Senator Organa, I'm glad you could come.   It is a privilege to see you again, M’Lady. 
Padme Amidala:   Thank you, Chancellor.
Bail Organa:   It is honor to be here. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   Thank you all for coming.  I brought you here today to discuss the upcoming vote on the Galactic Security proposal.  You are my closest allies and friends, and it is of the utmost importance that we remain united while this measure is being debated.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Peace is our objective here, peace throughout the Republic.  However, we must also provide security for the citizens of Coruscant, especially the representatives in the Senate.  If the Separatists were to attack Coruscant, as outrageous as that sounds, the Senate must be safe and continue to function.

Governor Tarkin:   That is why I have always insisted on taking the fight to the enemy’s home planets, to prevent any attack against the Inner Core, especially Coruscant.  With additional fire power, the War could end with one swift stroke.   You have my support for any upgrades to the Grand Army, Chancellor.

Bail Organa:   The Jedi provide security for Coruscant.  We do not need the Grand Army patrolling Coruscant. The War is all too real for the people of Coruscant, simply by viewing the HoloNet.

Chancellor Palpatine:   I understand your sentiment, Senator, and I wish we could depend on the Jedi in this matter.  However, we would be foolish to leave the security of the Republic in the hands of a few Jedi.  The Jedi Order has been crippled by this War.  There are simply not enough Jedi to protect Coruscant.

Padme Amidala:   But what exactly are you proposing, Chancellor?  We can’t spare a Clone Army from the frontlines.  Where would we find the troops to create a Galactic Security?  I would only support a new Security measure if it comes with a guarantee to conduct a Peace Summit.  We could then guarantee the safety of the Separatists leaders in order to negotiate a peace agreement.

Chancellor Palpatine:  Right you are, M’Lady.   The Galactic Security would be a brand new army of Clones, specifically trained to defeat any threat against Coruscant.  If this measure passes, we could hold your Peace Summit.  A diplomatic solution to this War still remains my first priority.

Chancellor Palpatine:   I need your support.  You are the two most respected Senators in all of the Republic.  Your support could rally the Senate to pass this proposal as soon as possible.
Bail Organa:   Thank you, sir.  We will get the word out.
Padme Amidala:   If it will lead to a peaceful end to the War, you’ll have my support, Chancellor.

Bail Organa:   For once, we get some good news.  This may actually lead to the end of the War, which would result in Palpatine stepping down. 
Padme Amidala:   We can only hope, Bail.