Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174389 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel (UPDATE March 31, 2006)
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Very nice over all - Fantastic images from both you  & SHELLACHEAD - And I really dug  the work on Saesee's interrogation, even though he's on of my favorite jedi...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 1, 2006, 01:43 AM »
WOO!I was right it was the rancor!I can't wait for the next chapter!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 1, 2006, 05:42 PM »
More nice updates SA.  How many chapters is it now in the Dark Illusions storyline?  You've made so many and I'm amazed at how fast you can churn these out.  It seems to take me forever to make each story I do.  But most of my time in this hobby still goes towards customizing.  I wish I was as good as you are at finding backdrop areas around the house that fit in so well.  I usually end up spending too much time trying to construct sets.

When I first got a chance to look at these yesterday, it seemed as though some of the pics were different sizes.  Was that just my computer acting weird?  Also I like the digital effects that Shellachead did on them, it livens them up a lot.  I guess he did some pics but not all of them that way.  It would be awesome to see them all that way but your storyline has been very good without them.

I guess I was expecting something different than a rancor to be the monster.  It still worked well but as they are traditionally from Dathomir I wasn't expecting to see one on that planet.  Still great work with it and the sequence worked well with them.  The pics were a little dark overall but still looked nice.

My favorite was the pics of Saesee Tiin bound like that.  That was a genius way to do that.  And seeing more droids definitely makes the Separatists seem like more of a threat.  Great work on this and I look forward to your next update.

:P

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 3, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Thanx for the feedback guys.  This was big update, but one that I really wanted to do for a while.  The special effects were necessary to bring out the action better.  Hopefully I'll swap out more pics in the days to come.

Clone Commander:  Are you the same Clone Cmdr as the one on the RS boards?  Just wondering...
Figured everybody was going to like EZ being killed.  I tried to make him as annoying as possible, and thought of a dozen different ways to kill him off.  I really liked the way the rancor pics came out so I kept that ending.

The Shadow Trooper is cool in his own way.  CHEWIE discussed this earlier, as to why Hasbro would make a black Clone trooper.  Mostly for money of course, but still a cool little fig. 

V:  Another happy customer!  ;D 

HunterofthePegs:  Another happy reader!  The next three chapters will conclude Act II, but ramps up to Act III.  Shouldn't take too long to create, but not until I kick this flu bug that I got.  :'(

PenDragon:  The effects added in were outstanding.  My fav shot was the clones being killed by the droideka.  Glad to read you like the interrogation scene.  Came up with the idea to tie-up Saesee last minute.  Originally thought to have him free, but thought the impact would look better if he was restrained. 

Artoo:  you nailed the creature, and so did CHEWIE a while back.  But I had to keep quiet until the pics were complete.  Hopefully I can have another update in a two or three weeks.  Stay tuned!

CHEWIE:  Well, I am up through chapter 30.  The entire story may have 45 chapters, but that changes as I make small changes in the story in each chapter, and move some around.

You are right about the size of some of the pics.  That usually depends on how big the pics is when I upload them to Photobucket.  I try to keep them the same size, but if they upload smaller than usual, I can't expand them.  only shrink them.

If I had access to a better program, I might add in more effects myself.  But those programs tend to be expensive, so it limits what I can do.  Very appreciative that SHELLACHEAD volunteered to add-in the effects.

The rancor will be explained in a future chapter.  And the lighting was not very good, which makes the pics hard to see on my monitor at work.  At home, they look fine.  Glad you liked the Saesee part.  And thanx for all your comments!

Fun trivia for everyone:  Most of the names of my "custom" characters are simple names spelled backwards.  However, the name "EZ" came to me a a while ago when the Green clone commander first appeared in stores.  I named him "EZ" because the only reason Hasbro made a Green Commander was b/c it was "EZ money".  We do love our Clones!

Thanx again for all the responses, guys! 
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 9, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Are you the same Clone Cmdr as the one on the RS boards?  Just wondering...
                                                                                   nope  :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel (thru chapter 30)
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Well, it has been a LONG time since I updated my story, but I am currently working on the next three chapters.  My mini-break has lasted longer than I originally planned.

Since it has been a while, here is a preview pic for everyone.  Enjoy!

-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel (preview pic)
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Looks like an interesting preview, I guess Gree is giving a briefing on a mission, but I guess we'll have to see.  Would look kind of cool to see some of the clones without helmets on, got any AT-TE drivers?

:)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel (thru chapter 30)
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Quote from: S_A_Longhorn link=topic=9897.msg225655#msg225655
 [img
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/S_A_Longhorn3/Dark%20Illusions%20-%20Chap%2031-33/32-3.jpg[/img]

Professer Gree teaching students at the University Of Coruscant...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Looks like an interesting preview, I guess Gree is giving a briefing on a mission, but I guess we'll have to see.  Would look kind of cool to see some of the clones without helmets on, got any AT-TE drivers?

:)

True, but I don't have nearly enough AT Drivers to swap out helmets!  You can't see it in the above pic, but Cody is on the other side of Gree, and he has his helmet off for what it's worth.  ;)

And everytime I look at that pic (and the others in the set), the Orange Clone in the 2nd row to the farthest right looks like he is dozing off.  Just wake him up when the battle begins.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:45 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Well from what I understand Grees lectures are kinda long winded and drawn out. Its a wonder anyone is still awake. :P Excellent preview I'm looking forward to reading it again.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Hey SA are you sure he's dozing?  It kinda looks to me like he's trying to get at an itch in real bad spot. ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Here is the latest update to the DARK ILLUSIONS story, chapters 31, 32, & 33.  A lot of dialogue I had to work thru, but hopefully the end result is good.

Enjoy! 8)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2006, 03:51 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 31

At the request of the Supreme Chancellor, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker is summoned to Palpatine’s office for an unofficial meeting.

Mas Amedda:   Everything is on schedule.
Chancellor Palpatine:   Excellent.  We will discuss this matter at a late time.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Anakin, thank you for seeing me on such short notice.
Anakin Skywalker:   I always have time for the Supreme Chancellor.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Come……let us speak in private……guards, leave us!

Chancellor Palpatine:   I wanted to extend my best wishes for your upcoming  mission to Oner.  The Jedi Council made a wise choice in selecting you for this assignment.

Anakin Skywalker:   Thank you, Chancellor.  But how did you know about the mission?

Chancellor Palpatine:   When a large division of Clone troopers is re-assigned to a remote system like Oner, I take notice.  It is…my army after all.

Chancellor Palpatine:   However, I do question the real objective of the mission.  Do you think the Council is serious about defeating the Separatists? 
Anakin Skywalker:   What do you mean?  The Jedi are trying to end this War by finding General Grievous and Count Dooku.

Chancellor Palpatine:   I hope so.  But why would the Council hide the real objective?  To rescue Master Saesee Tiin?

Anakin Skywalker:   I…I…don’t know.  I’m sure they have their reasons, Chancellor.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Perhaps……but to withhold this information from the Senate or from me is suspicious, don’t you think?

Chancellor Palpatine:   It concerns me that the Council is quick to respond to their own needs…….yet is slow to respond to the needs of the Republic.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Believe me, I understand the importance of the rescue mission.  Master Tiin is a valuable member of the Jedi Council. 

Anakin Skywalker:   The Republic could not win this War without him.
Chancellor Palpatine:   Oh, I agree.  But what about you, Anakin?  You should be on the front lines right now, winning this War for the Republic……not waiting for the Council to give you an assignment while sparring with Padawans in the Temple.

Anakin Skywalker:   You……heard…about that?
Chancellor Palpatine:   Yes, but don’t be embarrassed, Anakin.  You did what had to be done.  The growing arrogance of the Jedi has spread to their Younglings.

Chancellor Palpatine:   It’s that type of arrogance and lack of cooperation that has the Senate worried.
Anakin Skywalker:   Worried?  About what?

Chancellor Palpatine:   Well, for example, their delay in deciding which Jedi to appoint to the new 501st Clone Division.  This has been a  matter of extreme urgency, yet, they seem complacent to wait as long as possible.  The Senate is growing impatient.

Anakin Skywalker:   I had no idea this was going on……
Chancellor Palpatine:   It doesn’t surprise me, since they don’t think it concerns you.

Chancellor Palpatine:   The very security of this Republic depends on the 501st protecting Coruscant.  Just imagine if certain Senators were killed in an attack on the Senate Chamber?  Or if I was captured during a battle?

Anakin Skywalker:   The Separatist wouldn’t dare attack Coruscant. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   One can never be too sure, Anakin.  During these stressful times, all potential threats against the Republic must be watched carefully……even your allies can betray you……including the Jedi Council.

Anakin Skywalker:   The Council?  The Jedi would never do anything to endanger the Republic.
Chancellor Palpatine:   But can you be sure of that, Anakin?

Chancellor Palpatine:   What about Count Dooku?  Remember, that he was once a Jedi.  If someone as honored and respected as Dooku can leave the Order and wage a war against the Republic, then what is to prevent another Jedi from attacking the Republic……from within?

Anakin Skywalker:   That……would never happen……

Chancellor Palpatine:   Yes, you’re probably right.  But these are the things that I must consider as  the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   That’s why the 501st is so important.  It is Coruscant’s final line of defense versus all threats, internal and external.

Chancellor Palpatine:   If the Council refuses to assign a Jedi to the 501st Division,  then I will unfortunately have to make that decision…for the sake of the Republic.  What about……you, Anakin?
Anakin Skywalker:   Me?  Command the 501st? 

Chancellor Palpatine:   Oh, absolutley.  You are clearly the best person for the job.   Your mere presence will lift the spirits of the people of Coruscant.  Just because the Jedi are blind to your importance, don’t let that hold you back.  The Republic needs your help. 
Anakin Skywalker:   Thank you, Chancellor...but...I think we should wait for the Council’s decision. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   Every day that passes, the Senate grows more and more restless.  But I will do what I can to maintain order.  We can only hope the Council will decide when you return from Oner.
Anakin Skywalker:   Oner?  I’m sorry, Chancellor, but I have to go.  I’m late for a mission briefing.

Chancellor Palpatine:   I understand.  I also have matters to attend to. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   And I think it would be best if we kept this conversation between us…for now.
Anakin Skywalker:   I agree.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:41 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2006, 03:52 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 32

In the days since the Jedi Council decided to form a task force to rescue Saesee Tiin, Commander Gree was instructed to direct the Mission Briefing of the Oner System.

Commander Gree:   Thank you for coming to this important briefing.  We must be prepared for what awaits us in the Oner System.

Commander Gree:   We have assembled a specialized Strike Team, that will no doubt be successful in rescuing General Tiin, and hopefully, ending this War. 

Commander Gree:   With the cooperation of the Jedi, our Strike Team will be separated into teams, each with it’s own objective…

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   (whispering)   You’re late.
Anakin Skywalker:   (whispering)   Something came up.  Won’t happen again.

Anakin Skywalker:   (whispering)   Besides, what’s there to know, Master?  Just point me in the direction of Dooku, and I’ll handle the rest.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   (whispering)   Very funny, Anakin……now pay attention!

Commander Gree:   Each team will be led by a Clone Commander and several Jedi.  The timing of this mission is critical to the success of all objectives, including the rescue of  General Tiin.

Commander Gree:   The ground assault will be conducted by the 212th Attack Battalion, led by Commander Cody.  They’ve just returned from a successful campaign.  Congratulations and welcome back.

Commander Cody:   Thank you, Commander Gree.

Commander Gree:   Since preliminary reports indicated that General Tiin is being held in the jungles of Oner, I will be directly involved in the rescue operation.  I will be accompanied by three members of the Elite Corps.

Commander Gree:   Psi, Chi, and Phi are three of the best the Elite Corps has to offer. 

Commander Gree:   The air campaign will be led by Commander Oddball. 

Commander Gree:   Commander Oddball will provide cover fire and secondary troops as needed.

Commander Gree:   The Oner System, for those who are not familiar with it, is made up of various terrains, including grassy plains, freezing mountains, and dense jungles.   A relatively unknown system in the Outer Rim.

Commander Gree:   However, that quickly changed with the discovery of the Crystal Mines about five years ago.  The unlimited supply of crystal quickly gave way to non-stop excavations that destroyed much of the land on Oner.

Commander Gree:   The solid crystals caverns became a valuable commodity to everyone in the Galaxy, including the Trade Federation.  Constant battle for control of the system, and specifically the Crystal Mines, has led to the extinction of the native Onerians.

Commander Gree:   It is rumored that Count Dooku’s family on Serreno invested in the Crystal Mines.  This could explain the Count’s presence there now.

Commander Gree:   Yes, Commander?
Commander Cody:   What of the reports about rancors living in the Oner System?

Commander Gree:   Unfortunately, the reports are true.  As part of the ongoing battle for control of Oner, several rancors were transported to Oner to specifically kill the people of Oner.  With the natives wiped out, Oner would be ripe for the taking.

Commander Gree:   It remains a mystery who coordinated the delivery of the rancors.  The little we know of what happened once the rancors were delivered is based on the news archives during that time.

Commander Gree:   However, something went wrong during the delivery.  Several rancors escaped their cages prematurely, killing everyone, including the transporters.  Even more curious is the fact that no one claimed ownership of Oner after the incident.  The Crystal Mines have remained untouched for the past several years.

Commander Gree:   Ever since that incident, the rancors have lived in isolation.  Having completely wiped out the population of Oner, we presume their numbers have decreased over time.  Unfortunately, we do not have a count on how many still exist today, so be cautious.

Commander Gree:   Based on the last transmissions of the doomed Avenger, the Separatists’ base is deep within the jungles of Oner.  Too deep to attack by air and only accessible by foot.  Most likely  General Tiin is being held there, by Count Dooku or General Grievous.

Commander Gree:   Generals Windu and Fisto will assist the Elite Corps in rescuing General Tiin.

Commander Gree:   Meanwhile, the 212th Attack Battalion will attack the Separatists’ outside defenses.

Commander Gree:   Generals Kenobi and Skywalker will be with them.  Anyone who surrenders or is taken prisoner will be detained and questioned.

Anakin Skywalker:   (whispering)   Good, at least we get all the real action.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   ……

Commander Gree:   Finally as a bid of caution, this siege may last several days.  Please note the vegetation on Oner.  Most of the plants are poisonous and what little vegetation is edible has most likely been contaminated by the Separatist Army.  Be sure to carry enough rations.

Commander Gree:   And with this, I bid everyone good luck.  The Republic is depending on us. Dismissed!

Phi:   Double-check all scanning equipment before we leave.
Psi & Chi:   Yes, sir!

Kit Fisto:   Good work, Commander.  This information will serve us well.
Commander Gree:   Thank you, General.  The men are prepared for the task at hand.

Mace Windu:   Commander, I have information from a secret operative already on Oner.  His information may help us locate Saesee Tiin quickly.  Please follow me…
Commander Gree:   Of course……

Commander Cody:   We depart in less than an hour.  Get as much rest as you can between here and Oner.  You may not get much once we arrive.  I’ll see you on board.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Commander Cody?  Please allow me to formally introduce myself.  I am Obi-Wan Kenobi and this is……
Anakin Skywalker:  …his trusted bodyguard, Anakin Skywalker.

Commander Cody:   Yes, of course, the famed Heroes of the Republic.  With you guys on board, we are assured of victory.  My men and I look forward to working with you.

Anakin Skywalker:   The 212th Battalion also has made a name for itself during this War.  That’s good news, Master!  I won’t be the only one having to watch you! 
Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Watching me?  Now wait just a minute…

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   Let me give you fair warning about this young one, Cody.  He is as reckless as he is confident.  Be sure not to fire on him by mistake.  Wouldn’t want to tarnish that “Hero” reputation, now would we, Anakin?
Anakin Skywalker:   Oh very funny, Master.

Commander Cody:   Don’t worry, General.  The 212th will never let you down.  Follow me on board and I’ll introduce you to the rest of the squad.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2006, 03:53 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 33

With tension high & rumors running rampant about a Jedi being held hostage, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine addresses the Republic via the HoloNet.

Mas Amedda:   A special message from the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Thank you and good evening.  I come to you from my office on the capital world of Coruscant, the shining beacon for democracy in the galaxy.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Recent events may have alarmed the masses about how the War is progressing.  In short, the War goes well.  We have regained control of the Inner and Mid Rims.  As every day passes, we make tremendous strides to defeating the Confederate of Independent Systems.  All the while, we still maintain the  security necessary to protect our most precious freedoms.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Within the past few days, our intelligence has found the location of a secret Separatist base.  We can only hope that both Count Dooku and General Grievous are there, and will be defeated by the Clone Armies.

Chancellor Palpatine:   However, several rumors are running rampant that a certain member of the Jedi Council has been captured by enemy forces. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   I can personally assure everyone that these rumors are baseless and false.  It is merely another attempt by the Separatists to strike fear into the people of the Republic.

Chancellor Palpatine:   If these rumors were true, the Jedi Council would have certainly informed the Senate or myself.

Chancellor Palpatine:   There is also news to celebrate closer to home.  The newly formed Galactic Security is now fully functional, serving and protecting the people of Coruscant.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Please allow me the opportunity to publicly thank the Senate for their never-ending work to pass this most important security measure.   The Capital of the Republic is now a safer and more secure place.

Chancellor Palpatine:   The Galactic Security is separated into two, distinct divisions.  Each division has been trained  with skills that are far more advanced than the normal Clones.  The 501st Clone Division is assigned to protect Coruscant from any attack.  They will preserve the necessary peace required for the Republic’s capital to continue to function, no matter the situation. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   A Jedi will be assigned to work with the 501st to coordinate the necessary security.  As of yet, no Jedi has been assigned, but I trust we should have an announcement soon.

Chancellor Palpatine:   The 501st Legion will be led by Commander Appo.

Chancellor Palpatine:   The 501st Legion is the most elite army in the Republic.  While being based here on Coruscant, I have been given the power to order them off-world if necessary.

Chancellor Palpatine:   The other division, known as Homeworld Security Command, is assigned to protect me.  Certain members of the Senate believed that I have become a target for the Separatists.  While I do not feel more protection is necessary, I understand their concerns.  Allow me to introduce the leader of the Security Command, Commander Thire.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Commander Thire will oversee all security for my office here on Coruscant and for my off-world trips.  However, I do have Commander Thire’s assurances that my “open door” policy for all members of the Senate will not be adversely affected.

Chancellor Palpatine:  Homeworld Command troopers are easily distinguished from their Clone counterparts due to their unique crimson markings on their armor.   Their crimson color signifies their affiliation to the Royal Guards and to this office.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Please help me in welcoming them to our home planet.  We should commend them for their bravery and never-ending dedication to the Republic.

Chancellor Palpatine:   These new but important Clone divisions usher in a new era of peace and security for the Republic.

Chancellor Palpatine:   Only together can we defeat the Confederacy.  However, these are difficult times.  I ask for your continued support as we strive to return peace to the Republic.  These dark days will soon come to an end. 

Chancellor Palpatine:   Thank you for your time.  I bid you all good night from Coruscant.

End of Act II

To be continued in Act III