Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174353 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2006, 08:29 PM »
1 thing, are there any other Windus you have. the Episode 1 windu just dosn't seem very great, he's not articulated at all compared to Anakin :-\ just wondering if you had something else to use in his place.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 01:58 AM »
Hey, thanx guys for responding and feedback, Quazar, Blaster, Hunter, and Smarty.

Thanx for the compliments on the dialogue.  That is always a challenge.  If you knew how many times i re-write those lines just to get it right....

The Windu/Anakin match will be within the next update.  In regards to the Mace Windu fig......have they made a good one yet???

At least one with good articulation?  I have a Mace Windu fig from Episode I, II, or III.  I will interchange them as necessary.

Zett was fun to work with.  He always gets beat up in my stories.  ;D

I will have an update this week.  Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:21 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2006, 09:19 AM »
double-post...sorry
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:21 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2006, 02:30 PM »
I know you don't customize, but just as a thought the Agen Kolar body works pretty good if you want to put a Mace head on it.  Not perfect, but I like it better than any of the current Hasbro offerings.

You can probably pull something off with one of the current Windu figures though, as you do a great job with what Hasbro puts out.

:P

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Thanx for the idea CHEWIE.  I may have to try that with my Mace/Kolar fig.  But if I break them, your responsible!  ;)

Well, I have completed the next three chapters of DARK ILLUSIONS.  Since all three chapters are action-packed, it did not require much dialogue.  I did use some basic sound descriptions to make it easier to read/understand.  Including a different way to describe the action.

Enjoy chapters 19, 20, and 21!  8)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
DARK ILLUSIONS - Chapters 19, 20, & 21
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2006, 10:30 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 19

Anakin Skywalker:   Master Windu……nice of you to join us.  But like Master Ti said, no need to continue this any further.

Mace Windu:   Oh, I understand.  You have no problem sparring a boy.  But against an opponent of greater skill, you quickly back down.

Mace Windu:   Why not show young Zett the difference between a Jedi Knight……and a Jedi Master?

Anakin Skywalker:   Very well……I have time for one more lesson today……

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   I’ve got a bad feeling about this…

Shaak Ti:   Master Yoda will not be pleased.

Mace Windu:   Not bad.  Obi-Wan as taught you well.

Anakin Skywalker:   He has taught me enough……

Mace Windu:   But you still have much to learn……like to expect the unexpected.

PUNCH!

Anakin Skywalker:   Nice shot.  That was…..unexpected.

Mace Windu:   Stop wasting my time, Skywalker!  A Jedi would not be defeated so easily……don’t hold back……show me those “Hero” moves!!!

Anakin Skywalker:   As you wish……

Mace Windu:   Am I supposed to be impressed?

Anakin Skywalker:   You’ll soon find out……

Anakin Skywalker:   I grow tired of this…

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   The match ends here, Anakin.

Anakin Skywalker:   Don’t worry, Master.  We are just having fun.  If I really wanted to hurt him, I would have…

Mace Windu:   In that case, we’re even.  Ready for another round?

Obi-Wan Kenobi:   But Master Windu……
Anakin Skywalker:   Stay out of this, Obi-Wan……whenever you’re ready, Master Windu.

Mace Windu:   ………
Anakin Skywalker:   ………

Yoda:   ENOUGH!

Yoda:   Useless, this lesson is.  Proving only that Jedi can be foolish.

Yoda:   What message do we send to the Padawan?  To use the Force only to be strong with a lightsaber?

Yoda:   Not the way to the Jedi Council, this is, Skywalker.  Only cause further doubt among the elder members.

Yoda:   But how wise are the elder members, mmmmm, Master Windu?

Yoda:   Lose focus, we cannot.  Crave power, we cannot.  Conspire against others, we cannot.  Belong to the Dark Side, these things do.

Zett Jukassa:   You were right, Master Ti.  Yoda was not pleased.
Shaak Ti:   Yes……but I doubt that this will be end of it, Padawan.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
DARK ILLUSIONS - Chapter 20
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2006, 10:33 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 20

Based on the last transmission received on Palpatine’s holo-computer, Shade traces the coordinates to an abandoned warehouse, far removed from the busy lifestyles of Coruscant.

Shade:(thinking)   ……this is the exact place……no one here……

Shade:(thinking)   ……footsteps?……coming closer……

Shade:(thinking)   ……muffled voices……answers to my questions……

Crimson:   We’ve checked everywhere.  Let’s get out of here.
Maroon:   Not yet.  One more time. 

Maroon:   We have to be sure the place is secure.  Follow me.

Crimson:   We’ve swept the entire place four times already.
Maroon:   Maybe you’re right……wait……I see something…

Maroon:   A BARC bike!
Crimson:   That wasn’t here last time.

Maroon:   Someone is here.  Spread out!  Shoot first, ask questions later.

Crimson:   I’ll check the main platform.

Maroon:   And I’ll check the tunnels.

Crimson:   Nothing here.
Shade:   ……drop your weapon……hands up……turn around……

Shade:   ……Royal Security for the Supreme Chancellor……what are you doing way out here……alone?

Crimson:   I don’t have to answer any of your questions!!!
PUNCH!
Shade:   ……arghhhhh……

Crimson:   I’ve found him!!  He’s over here!!

Shade:   ……haven’t answered my questions yet……
Crimson:   Hey!

Crimson:   Get off of me!!

Crimson:   Shoot first, ask questions later.

Shade:   ……my thoughts exactly……

BLAST! BLAST!
Crimson:   …………………………

Shade:(thinking)   ……no comlink on this guard……must be the other guard……

Maroon:   Where are you? 

Maroon:   This is not good.

Maroon:   The speeder bike!  Can’t allow him to escape.

Maroon:   Still here…so HE is still here.

Maroon:   Here we go again…

Maroon:   W-W-What was that noise?

Maroon:   AH-HA!!!
BLAST! BLAST! BLAST!

Maroon:   Must be my imagination…got to keep moving…

Maroon:   Show yourself!!!  Come out and fight!!!

Maroon:   Hey……where is your rifle……it was here before…

Maroon:   HE must have taken it.  I am close…
WHACK!

Shade:(thinking)   ……talks too much……

Shade:   ……who were you protecting?……tell me now……
Maroon:   (gag)  I’d rather die than…(gag)…tell you anything!

Shade:   ……that can be arranged……
Maroon:   (gag)   You fool!  You can’t kill me!  I serve the Republic!

Maroon:   If you kill a Royal Guard, you will never leave Coruscant alive!   You will become the most wanted man in the galaxy!  We are ready to die for the ones we serve!!!

Shade:   ……so be it……Royal Guard……
BLAST! BLAST!

Shade:(thinking)   ……talks too much……

Shade:(thinking)   ……find the comlink……

Shade:(thinking)   ……bingo……

Shade:(thinking)   ……what secrets do you hold……

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
DARK ILLUSIONS - Chapter 21
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2006, 10:35 AM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 21

Meanwhile, in the Oner system, Separatist forces continue to invade new systems while preparing for their next attack.

General Grievous:   Attack!  Finish him! 

A single warrior must fight off the droid armies of the CIS…

…Magna Guards approach the warrior…

…and begin their attack…
CLANG!

CLANG!

…one Magna Guard is struck down…
THUD!

…while the other Guard attacks from behind…

…but the warrior is ready, taking the electro staff……the Guard is now defenseless…

THUD! CRASH!

…for a brief moment…………silence…

…but only for a moment…
BANG!

…another Magna Guard continues the attack…

CLANG!

…the warrior quickly disarms the droid…

…then begins his own attack…

…by slamming the droid against the wall……decapitating the Magna Guard…
CLANG! THUD!

…the droid attempts a final attack…

…but the warrior terminates the droid, without hesitation…
CLANG!

General Grievous:   Droidekas!

…droidekas roll and disengage their blasters…

…the warrior, still holding an electro staff,…

…spears one droid…
BUZZZZTTT!

…then, using the armor of one of the Magna Guards to absorb the laser blasts,…

…approaches the other droid…
CRASH!

…and easily defeats it…

…but the battle is not over…
Battle Droid:   Don’t move!

Battle Droid:   Hands up---bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Super Battle Droid:   Terminate target!

…the warrior is victorious…

…not everyone is pleased…
BUZZZZZZZ

General Grievous:   I’ll finish you myself!

Count Dooku:   Stop!

Count Dooku:   Lower your weapon.  He has nothing more to prove, General.

Count Dooku:   Let me be the first to congratulate you, young warrior.  Your reputation does not do you justice.

Count Dooku:   It is my privilege to meet the great Sagev.  Allow me to introduce myself; my name is Count Dooku. 

Sagev:   I know who you are, Count.  You are known to the Outer Rim as the Hero that will defeat the Republic.  And your praise is not necessary.  My skills have become a necessary evil during this War.

Count Dooku:   Indeed……the War against the Jedi has destroyed countless lives.  I am but a simple man, trying to bring peace to the galaxy.  What are your views on this ongoing struggle versus the Republic?

Sagev:   My home planet of Utapau resides in the Outer Rim.  My people are proud and strong.  Yet, the current administrators have allowed Utapau to become weak, concerning themselves with only with their wealth. 
Count Dooku:   Very interesting. 

Sagev:   Tion Medon does not agree with my views to maintain an army of Utapaun warriors.  We MUST defend our home from anyone who attempts to invade!  Due to my beliefs, I was labeled a terrorist and considered a threat to his power.  Therefore, I was exiled from Utapau, never to return.  The War will engulf Utapau, it is inevitable.  And my people will die and suffer because of Medon’s ignorance!!!

Count Dooku:   Your story is similar to that of other Outer Rim worlds.  The Jedi do not concern themselves with the safety of systems outside the Republic.  Their Armies will invade any planet they feel is necessary to win this War.  They cannot be trusted.

Count Dooku:   Every system that has joined the Confederacy now has the necessary means to defend themselves against the Republic.  Perhaps we can offer that protection to Utapau……in exchange for your services.  We could also……perhaps……encourage a new government……one……with a strong leader……

Sagev:   If it will save my people and end the reign of Tion Medon, I pledge myself to you and Separatist movement.

Count Dooku:   Excellent.  With your assistance, Utapau can be spared the destruction of this War.  But for now………please tell me more about your home planet, Utapau.

…the warrior will serve us well, My Master…
General Grievous:   ……Utapau……

TO BE CONTINUED……

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Ok, how in the world do you have time to update these so frequently?   ;)

Going back just a step, I am probably in the minority here, but for some reason I just don't like the whole "Shade" sequences.  Great photography, and the dialogue is good.  Something just doesn't sit well with me here.  Maybe it's because I don't think that the Royal Guards would really know Palpatine's agenda, they just follow his orders. I don't think they know what's coming, and from the story I get the feeling that they do know, and that they know about Order 66 too.  And I think they don't know that Dooku is really "on their side" - I just for some reason have trouble believing that part.  Plus, I absolutely dislike the whole Shadow Trooper idea that Hasbro came up with.  I guess that puts me in a biased negative towards anything with Shadow Troopers.

I know that sounded really negative, but it wasn't meant to be.  I think you have a great story going on here, and I think it's awesome how you changed the format a bit, showing some description of what was happening.  That really helped me a lot and made perfect sense for me.

I really liked the whole Jedi lightsaber duels, especially the Windu fights.  Great work there and it shows the inner tension growing within the Jedi Order and Yoda's reaction and dialogue was spot on.  The Utapua guard scene was well done; I was surprised to see one guard be able to fight that well.  Looks like he could take out a few Jedi if we wanted to, but I was surprised to see his life on the line and then so suddenly taking to the enemy side however.  It will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Great work SA!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Thanx for the quick response, CHEWIE. :)

I may have to take more time for the next couple of chapters, but my updates are fairly quick only b/c I don't have any additional work with the actual photos.  I spend most of my time writing the script and dialogue versus taking pictures.

I spend a lot of time thinking how I wanted to showcase the Red Guards in this chapter.  I wouldn't say they know "everything", b/c they still only follow orders.  Sidious told them to remain behind after he left in chapter 16, and verify no evidence remained of his meeting with Dooku.  They are not really allowed to "think" about who is doing what, only follow Palpatine/Sidious' orders.  The Shadow Trooper is a cool character, but I agree with you about why Hasbro made such a figure.  Nevertheless, his story is part of the whole story (but I don't want to give away too much right now).

I've wanted to do a Mace battle for a long time.  And he will have more scenes in the future.  Still, the lack of a true SA Mace limits my options.  Yoda was an easy, fun part to write/shoot.

The narration with Sagev (Utapau Warrior) was necessary b/c I did not want to write "Ugh" and "Ahh!" and other fighting grunts.  So, I wrote th narration in the voice of Dooku reporting to Sidious, thus the final line of "…the warrior will serve us well, My Master…".  Compared to the Shade chapter, any dialogue between Sagev and the Droids would be corny.  And his life wasn't necessary "on the line" b/c Dooku was testing how good of a figher Sagev was.  If he could not defeat some droids, what good is he?  That is why Dooku stopped the "challenge" when Grievous wanted to fight him. 

Hopefully my comments above doesn't ruin any future chapters...;)

Always look forward to yours and Quazar's feedback!  Glad you enjoyed it!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 05:39 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2006, 06:15 PM »
SA, that makes total sense that Dooku was testing him then; so he is using this guy as a foot in the door towards setting a secret base on Utapua, because it looks like Tion Medon (as we know) does not like the Seps.  That makes perfect sense then.

For the Shadow trooper, thanks for not taking that the wrong way.  I dislike the figure, but love what you are doing with it. Might even make me regret passing that figure up.   ;)

I know what you mean about the limitations with the Windu.  That's one of the reasons I try to make so many customs for the Rykrof series, but even then it's hard for me to take action pics the way I want to.  I haven't been able to capture the "life" that you get in your pics.  You have a knack for it (especially with how you pose your Dooku figure).  And as always your dialogue is great, and I'm digging the descriptions too.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2006, 08:18 PM »
great update SA i really don't have time to comment. I will later though. ;)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Wow, lost on the page.

-Bump-
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Thanx for the bump, COMMANDER.

I have been unable to update the story due to a busy schedule right now, but I am near completion with the 24th chapter (22 and 23 are complete & waiting).  I should have an update by Monday.

Much appreciated!  ;D

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Welcome!  :)

I cant wait to see your updates.
Clone Commander Appo.