Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174586 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Oh yeah SA, I agree the EPI Battle Droids don't mix well with the newer sculpt... they're just too bulky and stiff looking.  The ROTS one is much better.

I have a few of the tan SAGA version if you are interested, shoot me a PM.

:P

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2006, 10:02 AM »
IMPERIAL GAURD:  Thanx for the offer regarding the customs.  I may take you up on that offer.  I'll keep you in mind.  :)

CHEWIE:  One thing I forgot to address in my last message was in respose to Tiin's comments about the Neimodians. 

When reading about the character of Saesee Tiin and his personality, he is a different Jedi.  I see him as being "cut-from-the-same-cloth" as Qui-Gon - a Jedi that goes against the common thoughts of the Council.  While Qui-Gon would make a negative comment towards the Neimodians ("These Federation types are cowards"), Padawan Obi-Wan did say these types of things in Episode I (specifically, calling boy Anakin as "another pathetic life-form").  Since Qui-Gon and Tiin were considered independent thinkers, I will think these types of comments originated from Tiin.  Just a little interpretation on my part, but just enough to give some personality and life to a little-used Jedi.

Also, remember Yoda's famous line about Padwans & Jedi becoming too arrogant, "It's a flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones".  At this point in the Clone Wars, the basic principles of the Jedi and the Order has deteriorated.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2006, 12:00 PM »
S_A_

Never did congratulate you on the 'Horns victory over USC. VY isone for the ages...

This update and your recent updates have been wonderful reads. You have a real knack in the Star Wars (and Seinfeld) tradition for telling multiple stories at one time that add up to one BIG story. It's a true talent, and you've got it and then some.

The political shuffle regarding the Coruscant security forces is interesting. I assume Palpy is just doing this to make sure he has Clones planet-side for Order 66, but I also sense there might be something more... Tarkin's suggestion of moving the summit off Coruscant was either a deliberate ruse to make the Chancellor look good by insisting the summit happen at the Capitol or something more... you have me guessing!

Shade is a lot of fun. I really do get the Boba Fett vibe from him (I also get a little bit of a Batman vibe with how he disappears :) ) I'm not sure Mace would stand for his demeanor, though. Shade must be a heck of a fine weapon for Mace to give him the kind of lattitude he does.

As for Commander EZ, I think he has just the right amount of arrogance to make him a foil for Master Tiin. If they all just went along and didn't question, we wouldn't see the more broodish side of Tiin. Nice work in putting those two together. Without EZ to bring out Tiin we wouldn't know more than we did from the entire prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars. :?

Really great work. Bravo.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I checked on that photonovel over at Rebelscum. Although you did kill my two favorite characters from the movies, I really liked how you wrote it. Did it take place like two years after RotS, or more towards ANH? If it's the last one, you didn't age the figures. But since you don't customize, that makes since. If it's the first one, Bail Organa dies when the Death Star destroys Alderaan. Jus wanted to let you know.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2006, 05:23 PM »
I think he is basing it during the clone wars.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2006, 05:54 PM »
I checked on that photonovel over at Rebelscum. Although you did kill my two favorite characters from the movies, I really liked how you wrote it. Did it take place like two years after RotS, or more towards ANH? If it's the last one, you didn't age the figures. But since you don't customize, that makes since. If it's the first one, Bail Organa dies when the Death Star destroys Alderaan. Jus wanted to let you know.

No problem.  VADER'S QUEST was my own original story, but I tried to stay true to the movies.  Since Bail Organa never actually appeared in ANH and his death is presumed to have occured when Alderaan was destroyed, I killed him in my story.  Just to add more drama, but since we never actually see Bail die in the films, I took the freedom to kill him in my story.  ;)

VADER'S QUEST takes place soon after ROTS.  Similar to the novel DARK LORD.  This story, DARK ILLUSIONS, takes place during the Clone Wars and before ROTS.

For everyone who has read the latest update, re-read chapter 24 since I swapped one of the action pics for one with some special effects added.  Look for the pic where Cmdr. EZ orders his troops to fire back at the droids. 

Special thanx to STRIKEG @ RS for the additional effects added to picture.  Great work, STRIKEG!  Check out his website,  FettsBest.com .
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Nice work on the special effects, S_A

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2006, 10:49 AM »
IN REM:  Forgot to respond to your comments yesterday.  :)

Thanx for the compliments on my storytelling.  I took some time to write down the outline for this story, which has helped greatly in illustrating the story.  I have also been reading various SW novels the last couple of months, which helps me organize my story better and provide me with more information about all these characters.

Glad people do enjoy the political scenes.  I always assumed they would be boring and less interesting to everyone.  Tarkin's comments are important to the ongoing story, but also a "nod" to the novel, CLOAK OF DECEPTION.  That novel takes place right before th events in Episode I.  Great SW political story, but I don't think many people have read it.  One of your comments was on the mark!  Perhaps my next photonovel will be just a political story.  ;)

Mace is working with Shade in secracy, another course of actions that indicate the deteriorating state of the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars.  Shade's altercations with the Royal Guards have only made him more determined to complete his mission, no matter the costs.  His story will get more interesting as DARK ILLUSIONS progresses.  Since he is a "Shadow" trooper, he does prefer in the shadows and darkness, like Batman!

Your comments regarding Commander EZ are dead-on.  He is arrogant, and proud to be a Commander.  His "proper etiquette" will definetly clash with the free-lance style of Saesee Tiin.  But they still can get the job done together.

Thanx for the feedback, much appreciated!   :D  The effects were done by a guy over on RS, called STRIKEG.  Hopefully I didn't boss him around too much.  ;)

Thanx for congrats on my Horns!  Wish I could take credit, but it was the Vince Young show!  Will never forget his performances.  Already ordered my replica Championship trophy from the Danbury Mint, and going to pick up the Longhorn Championship DVD today!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:23 AM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2006, 09:11 AM »
 :o  Cool addition!
I like both the blast effects and the special effects.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2006, 10:33 PM »
i forgot what i was gonna write, oh well.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:38 PM by Alderaan Gaurdian »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I finally completed the next three chapters! 

I decided to break chapters 25 & 27 into two seperate chapters.  Otherwise, it would have been too long.  Hopefully, the chapters are easier to read this way.

Enjoy!  8)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2006, 01:22 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 25

After a receiving a direct order, Separatist leaders Nute Gunray and Rune Haako from the Trade Federation arrive on Oner.

General Grievous:   Welcome to the Oner System, Viceroy.  I hope your trip wasn’t too rough for you.

Nute Gunray:   This is outrageous!  How dare you bring us here!

Nute Gunray:   The Republic’s Armies have made you a priority target!  If they capture you, they will also capture us!  And our capture will result in the end of this War……and the end of your expensive droid army!

General Grievous:   If it were up to me, Viceroy, you would already be dead.  May I remind YOU that your life is no more valuable to me than a Jedi’s.

Rune Haako:   Your arrogance will cost us all our lives, General. 
Nute Gunray:   Enough of this!  I demand an update on the War!  Why have you brought us here, so close to the War?

General Grievous:   It was not my choice to bring you here, Viceroy. 

Count Dooku:   The choice was Lord Sidious’.  We are in no danger, Viceroy, I can assure you.  We are fully aware of the Republic’s forces.  Their blind, relentless pursuit of the General’s army has strung them from one side of the galaxy to the other.

Nute Gunray:   Then we must attack them immediately!  This is our opportunity to finally win this War.
Count Dooku:  Really?  Then tell me, Viceroy……where should we attack?  What objective would we accomplish?

Nute Gunray:   Well……I think……it’s possible that……I…don’t know…
Rune Haako:   We only question the progress of the War, Count……nothing more……

Count Dooku:   Then, trust me when I say the War is progressing exactly as my Master predicted.  Very soon the Republic will crumble, and then the Trade Federation will become the strongest and richest federation in the galaxy.

Nute Gunray:   We trust you, Count……and Lord Sidious. 
Rune Haako:   But what about this mysterious warrior…Sagev?  Can we trust him?  What if he is a spy for the Jedi?

Count Dooku:   He has no love for the Jedi, believe me.  Sagev has pledged himself to us.  In exchange, I have offered his home world of Utapau protection from the Armies of the Republic.

Rune Haako:  You assume too much, Dooku.
Nute Gunray:   Yes, and we have too much at stake to lose everything because of some freelance warrior.

Count Dooku:  I understand your concerns.  That is why I have brought you to the Oner System.

Count Dooku:  Allow me to give you a glimpse of my Master’s plan.  As we speak, a Clone division has landed on Oner, led by Jedi Master Saesee Tiin……and they are on their way here.
Nute Gunray:   What?! What did you say?!

Count Dooku:  You can relax, Viceroy.  As I said before, we are fully aware of the Republic’s armies.  They are no threat to us, as you will soon see.

Count Dooku:  You may begin when ready.
Battle Droid over comlink:  Roger roger!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2006, 01:23 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 26

Shmi Skywalker:   Don’t be afraid, Annie.  He just wants your help.  And if you can help him, you should.
Anakin Skywalker:   But mom……those Jawas are disgusting creatures!

Anakin Skywalker:   Besides……he wouldn’t help us.
Shmi Skywalker:   Then set a good example.

Jawa:   EEE-CHEE!

Shmi Skywalker:   Besides, I’ll be right here if you need me.  Now go…
Anakin Skywalker:   Awwwww…….

Jawa:   Eee-chee!!
Anakin Skywalker:   Hi there.  Gonk droid not working again, huh?  Let me take a look.

Anakin Skywalker:   There you go……good as new!  His shifter was loose. 
Anakin Skywalker:   EEE-CHOO-TAA!!

Anakin Skywalker:   You were right mom.  He just wanted his droid fixed.
Shmi Skywalker:   You see?  You had nothing to be afraid of.  I’m so proud of you, Annie.

Shmi Skywalker:   The biggest problem in this universe is no one helps each other. 

Anakin Skywalker:   Mom……

Anakin Skywalker:   …………

While contemplating his most recent vision, Anakin returns to Padme’s apartment.

Anakin Skywalker:   ………

Padme Amidala:   Anakin! 
Anakin Skywalker:   I’ve missed you, Padme

Padme Amidala:   Are you alright?  You seemed…….troubled.
Anakin Skywalker:   I’m fine now.

Padme Amidala:   Good, because I wanted to talk to you about something-----
Anakin Skywalker:   Obi-Wan was here…

Padme Amidala:   Yes, he came by earlier looking for you.

Padme Amidala:   Annie……Obi-Wan mentioned a fight between you and a Padawan?

Anakin Skywalker:   Obi-Wan exaggerates.  It wasn’t a fight.  Zett got a little excited……and……I……knocked him down.

Padme Amidala:   Is he alright? 
Anakin Skywalker:   He’s fine.  Master Ti and Windu were there.  But enough about that……I heard the Senate finally passed the Galactic Security Act.

Padme Amidala:   Yes, we did.  It passed with a landslide vote.  The Chancellor was  pleased, to say the very least. 

Anakin Skywalker:   That’s good news!

Anakin Skywalker:   I’ll feel better knowing that you’re safe when I leave.
Padme Amidala:   Oh?  You’re leaving again?  When?

Anakin Skywalker:   Master Windu has plans for Obi-Wan and me.  I’m sure Obi-Wan knows by now, but he hasn’t told me.
Padme Amidala:   Perhaps it’s best for the details to remain confidential until everything has been confirmed.  Besides……the Council has a lot of things to worry about, including the new Security Force.

Padme Amidala:   Senator Organa proposed a Jedi be assigned to work closely with the new Clone Security, to be sure their authority is not abused.  The Chancellor is supposed to discuss it with the Council.

Anakin Skywalker:   Protection is a job for Clones, not Jedi!  Every Jedi is needed in the battlefield right now.

Padme Amidala:   I was hoping……you would volunteer. 
Anakin Skywalker:   What?  Why? 

Anakin Skywalker:   Padme, you know the Republic needs me to win this War.  I have to be out there.  I should be out there right now!
Padme Amidala:   But what about Dooku?  If he can walk in here, what’s to stop him from attacking the entire Capital?  If you work with the Clone Security, it allows you to be here……on Coruscant……with me……

Anakin Skywalker:   But that’s why I have leave, Padme.  So that I can take the fight to him!  You have to understand.  I’m doing this for us……for the Republic.

Padme Amidala:   I’m starting to think this War will never end.  It’s tearing apart the Republic.  Palpatine continues to amend the Constitution.  And now, we have a garrison on Coruscant.

Anakin Skywalker:   The Chancellor is trying to end this War, Padme.  And at the same time, he is trying to protect the Capital, that’s all 
Padme Amidala:   I know he’s your mentor, but even a good man can be wrong sometimes.

Padme Amidala:   But enough of this.  You have a lot on your mind as it is.  Just make me a promise…
Anakin Skywalker:   A promise?

Padme Amidala:   Promise me you will at least think about working with the new Clone division?  You don’t have to decide right now……just promise me that you will think about it.

Anakin Skywalker:   I will……for you……I will……

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2006, 01:24 PM »
DARK ILLUSIONS

Chapter 27

As Saesee Tiin and Commander EZ continue their search for the Separatist base on the planet of Oner, clone pilots Eta & Iota remain with the gunship, Avenger.

Eta:   What does their latest report say?

Iota:   General Tiin and Commander EZ have discovered four more turrets.  No sight of the base yet.

Iota:   Our orders are to remain here.  And to be on the lookout. 
Eta:   Yes, sir.
THUD!

Eta:   The creature has moved away.  It appears to be following the squad.
Iota:   General Tiin was right.  But with darkness falling, the squad will have a hard time seeing it, much less any battle droids.

Eta:   Did you hear that?

Iota:   What?  The creature?  Yea, I heard it.

Eta:   No, not that……something else……
Iota:   Like what?

Eta:   It sounded like……

Eta:   BATTLE DROIDS!!!  Ambush!!  Ambush!!

Iota:   Open fire!!!

Iota:   They’re flanking us!  Inside the ship! 

Iota:   Come in…come in Commander EZ……we’re under attack!  Four battle droids identified!  Requesting backup!

Iota:   They’re jamming our signal!  We’re on our own!  Take out as many as you can!
Eta:   Yes, sir!

Eta:   More droids coming!  There’s too many of them!
Iota:   We’re not going to hold out here for long……we better move!!

Iota:   AAAHHH!!  I’m hit!!!  Go!  Get out of here!  We’re being over-run!!
Eta:   No……I can’t……not without you…

Iota:   GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!
Eta:   Yes, sir……

Eta:   More droids……

Eta:   Got to clear a path…

Eta:   Gotcha!

Eta:   Oh……not good……more droids……

Eta:   …keep them at a distance……I might still get out of here.

Eta:   Halt!!!  Who are you?!?!

Eta:   Too fast……UGHHHH……

Bang!
Eta:   uuuuggghhhh……

Sagev:   Where is the Jedi?

Eta:   ……don’t know……what you’re talking about……on a peace mission……

Sagev:   Then you’ve failed!
CRACK!

Sagev:   He’s dead.  Where’s the other one?

Iota:   ……ughh……losing blood……need a bacta tank……

Sagev:   You’ll need much more than a bacta tank  IF you don’t tell me the location of  the Jedi!  Do not test my patience.

Iota:   ……massive blood loss……I need a bacta tank first……
Sagev:   How’s this?

STAB!
Iota:   UUGGHHH!

Sagev:  One less clone for the Republic.

Sagev:   Droid, check their communications.  And notify Dooku we’ve secured their gunship.

Meanwhile, back at the base on Oner…

Sagev over comlink:   ……we’ll soon have the location of the Jedi.

Count Dooku:   You see, Viceroy.  Everything is under control.  You may begin landing your ships.
Nute Gunray:   Excellent, my Lord.

TO BE CONTINUED……

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting another update so quickly!  I like the additional Battle Droids in this one.   ;)

The first chatper was great, that was a great environment you used, something totally new and fresh.  Well done on the dialogue here, Nute Gunray was perfect.  Tha't exactly how I think he would act in the given situation.

The second chapter was nice too, it's always hard to write those Anakin/Padme scenes but you did a good job.  Too bad there aren't more Padme figures to use for scenes like that but you did a great job with it.  The little elephants seemed a bit out of line with what you might see, but still a good set piece.

The final chapter was really good too, nice seeing clone pilots in the action some.  I am curious what the "creature" is though.  I wonder what it could be?

:P