Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174363 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Awesome update SA!  ;D
I like the 2nd one, kind of shows how anakin gets control over the 501st and I wonder what the monster could be.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Good job SA.
Are you and chewie collaborating the chapter whit the creature, it might be a trench back :D

Anyway you did a good job on the script for Anakin and Padme, that must be really hard because you have to capture the way they act when they are together, which is totally differant then when they are sperated.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:17 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Thanx again guys for feedback.  It is taking longer each time to get these updates.  :P

CHEWIE  Thought you might like those battle droids, CHEWIE!  ;)

This update is almost a month after my last one, chapters 22-24.  I was beginning to worry that people had forgotten the story. I finally got a Nute/Rune!  Their personalities are easy to write but fun.  they should appear in the next couple of chapters.  The Anakin/Padme scenes are really hard to write b/c they are just "talking".  I tried to give this chapter a different element versus the last one (chapter 12).  Since the story has progressed, both Anakin and Padme have changed.  But this may be the last in-depth one I will do for the story, b/c it really slows the story.  The clone pilots were fun.  They don't have much articulation, but still have enough to get some decent poses.  The "creature" should appear in the next chapters, and I hope it won't disappoint.  A lot of people have commented about "what could it be?"  And I agree, Padme needs more figures!!!  The elephants appeared in more pics than I realized.  :-[

Clone Cmdr:  Glad someone liked the Anakin/Padme chapter.  Even I had my doubts about that one, but it was necessary as part of the whole story.  Stay tuned for the "creature".

Smartypants:  Don't understand your first comment about the "creature" and collaborating with CHEWIE.  I did get those SAGA battle droids from CHEWIE, but the "creature" is all my own.  Nothing too original tho.  Thanx for the comments on the dialogue between Anakin/Padme.  Their personalites are very different when they're apart, but they are changing based on the events that have occured, and will occur...

Thanx again for the comments!  Hopefully I can begin work on the next 3 chapters soon.  I've been dragging my feet... 8)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2006, 12:24 PM »
I just wanted to say that I've started reading your Photonovels and am VERY impressed with you story telling.  Your images are great and I think you do good job using "everyday" stuff in the backgrounds.

Anyway, I'm still a ways back in your story but I wanted to at least let you know that people ARE still reading it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2006, 12:38 PM »
I think that Smarty was referring to the Trenchback custom I made a while back -

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2006, 06:17 PM »
hmmm, just sounded like something you guys might do.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 10:32 PM »
S_A_

You have the Separatist leadership dynamic down PERFECTLY. I enjoyed every bit of this update, but your treatment of Dooku and Grievous is *awesome*.

I can hear them both like they were popping out of a film!

Nice progress with your story. I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop next time. :)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Thanx for the feedback guys!

BRENTS:  Glad to hear from you.  Enjoy the previous chapters. Let me know when you catch up and how everything flowed.  Always looking for more stuff around the house to include in my stories.  Thanx for the compliments on my storytelling.  :)  This photonovel has been a lot of fun.

CHEWIE:  I remember that custom.  Very cool looking.  Ugly, but cool.  My "creature" will probably make an appearance within the next update, if I can photograph it correctly.   I don't recall seeing that custom in your Rykrof story yet, CHEWIE...

SMARTYPANTS:   I did have CHEWIE create a SA Commander Bacara for me.  He may show up later.  Perhaps CHEWIE and me will work on a photonovel together!  Imagine the possibilities!

IN REM:  Thanx for the compliments on the Separatist leaders.  Each of them have a distinct personality that they play off each other easily.  Glad I have Nute/Rune now to include in the convesations between Grievous and Dooku.  All the Seps will be involved heavily thru the rest of the story.

Beginning to work on the next 3 chapters.  There will be two more updates until the end of Act II.  8)
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2006, 10:39 AM »
SA, that creature will show up eventually in my series, on a nasty planet.  I can't wait to do that.

That's an interesting idea, if you want I could maybe work on some effects shots for you sometime if you want.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2006, 12:04 PM »
SA, that creature will show up eventually in my series, on a nasty planet.  I can't wait to do that.

That's an interesting idea, if you want I could maybe work on some effects shots for you sometime if you want.

Yeah, perhaps a short story.  We both are more than busy with our regualr lives, not including our photonovel lives.  Let me think of some ideas..... :)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2006, 11:24 AM »
SA another great story.  your posing of the figs even in the simplest position seems to gives some serious realism when connected to the dialogue.  and of course your use of "every day" background scenery is classic and blends in perfectly with your story.  and i'm pretty sure i have an idea of what the creature is, scroll down  ;)
a polar bear  ;D
no no a wampa  :)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2006, 03:29 PM »
JEDIPURGE  Thanx for the feedback.  And thanx for noticing the posing of the figs in every shot.  Since some of my chapters rely on heavy dialogue, I try to pose each fig differently in each shot, and try to get different angles.  Although I am running out of "everyday" background scenery!  Time to let my wife make a run to Garden Ridge or a antique shop.  ;)

The "creature" is coming soon......heopfully it won't disappoint with all this hype about it.  :-\

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Excellent update Longhorn. I liked Anakin's flashback, and seeing Clone Pilots in combat.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2006, 11:28 AM »
The creature... mind if I take a stab at what it could be?

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2006, 11:41 AM »
A giant Koala wearing dentures?  :P

??? I have no idea.
Clone Commander Appo.