Author Topic: DARK ILLUSIONS Photonovel (Complete)  (Read 174616 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel (Update June 30th)
« Reply #210 on: July 3, 2006, 12:52 AM »
I agree & disagree with you Chewie I'd think that on this planet all troopers would wear the armor that was worn on Kashyyyk,but blame Hasbro on that one.The 212th probally wore the oarnge armor off of Utapua too.

Chapter 34-I liked how the 3 senators just came to talk,but what no Jar Jar? :P
Also the 501st were mean,but I think the Shocktroopers would of handled the situation,since the 501st would of been on fighting in the battle.

Chapter 35-I like the character Shade & how he could care less about the jedi & even his brothers.I also doubt Shade would betray Palpatine if he finds out that Sidious is Palpatine.(Obvioulsy... or no ROTS :P) I also like OOM-12 & his reputation.

Chapter 36I like how the clone who was killed was the newbie but I'd think the clone would be more upset,but oh well.Anakin's "game" was funny,since he's playing games in a serious situation. :P

I also thought when you said that R2 was going to be in the story,I  thought you meant in the battle with Anakin.
What happened to Ki & Bacara?I remember something about him coming in the battle or will that be revealed later?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 3, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I see what you are saying Artoo.  What I mean is that I don't think that you'd see some troops in Green, while others are in Orange on a joint campaign.  I'd think Cody would suit up like Gree.  Sure it could happen where he'd lead some orange clones on a green lush planet, but I would think for whatever reason it would be the 501st joinng in a campaign.  I guess I'm being a little too serious though, lol.

:)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 3, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Thanx for all the feedback, guys.  I'm on vacation right now, so I don't have the time (or effort) to reply to each one, but I will as soon as I return.  Keep them coming tho! 

As for the Utapau Clones, I like to say that they stay withing their armor.  If only b/c each unit is specialized in a certain form of combat.  And the fact that I have never seen any clones out of their normal colors establised by ROTS.  But we'll discuss this further.  And the effects were done by YESTERDAY808 over on RS.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 9, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Ok,any 3PO coming up in your story.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Well I'm back from my 2 vacations.  Time to get back to work on the next update. But first....

Dark Phoenix:  Thanx for stopping by and leaving some feedback.  The special effects are the work of YESTERDAY808, as he called himself on the RS boards.  Credit definetely goes to him for bringing the battle to life.  He will continue to work on the upcoming battle sequences.  Sorry about the grammer error, let me know where it is.

Jedistyle:Glad the 501st scene worked.  I wanted to get them invlove finally now that the Security measure passed. You will se more of them in future chapters.  I'd hope to make every Clone division in my story a little different each time.  The 212th Battalion is one of the best.  Shade has been a realy character to work with.  he is extremely loyal to the Republic, but he is also growing tired of the beaucracy.  He wants to finish the job, without having his hands tied.

BrentS:   Thanx for the feedback regarding teh dialogue.  That part is always the toughest.  And with simple backgrounds and enviornments, I try to take various angles to give each pic a different viewpoint.  As mentioned above, each clone division is a little bit different, as the War progressed.  Mostly influenced by their Commander or Jedi, the 501st are a comlpetely different breed of Clones.  The future chapters will describe this in more detail.

CloneCommander1:   Good eye spotting the different breeds of Clone troopers.  This will remain important for the rest of the story.  Shade's story will start up again in the next couple of chapters.  Thanx for the compliment on the storytelling - much appreciated!

Roton7:   Great compliments!  There will be more battle scenes upcoming!

SmartyPants:   The 501st will be heavily seen in this final Act.  I've been wanting to do their chapters this whole time.  The rancor is stil there...somewhere.  And lesson of the chapter: don't get separated when visiting different worlds! 

212th Battalion:   Many thanx!  One of my fav updates.

Quazar:  Good to hear from you - it's been a long time.  Round 1 of the Battle of Oner goes to OOM-12 and the droids.  I tried to show some strategy on both sides to explain the action better.  More action yet to come...

CHEWIE:   All the storylines will continue in this last Act, but the action will become more prevalant.  Everything has been building to the last part of the story.  I commented on your comments on my previous post.

Artoo:   Jar Jar??  Sorry, can't say that I actually own a Jar Jar figure!  The 501st have a complicated story, but are just in the formation stages here.  I am taking some lee-way with this part of the story since the 501st seem to be everywhere at the end of Ep III and no where at the end of EP II.  Shade is getting frustrated at being told what to do and what not to do by the Jedi.  He wants to end this war.  And thanx for the feedback about OOM-12.  You were the only person to comment on him. He was necessary to explain the attack plan of the droids.  The Clones do care about one another, but they also know their roles.  Glad you lie Anakin's part.  Ki and Bacara are busy right now!  And yes, C3PO will be appearing very soon.  ;)

Thanx again for all the compliments.  I get a lot more feedback and views here at JD then I ever do at RS, even though this is a smaller community. 

Working on the outline for the next 3 chapters.  Stay tuned....
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Man, this is what photonoveling was meant to be.  One huge, incredible story!  I love it!  I'm still somewhat new to your work, but I've been meening to write for quite some time.   Talk about detail, and your dialogue is top notch. 
What can I say ... I love clones (especially 501st) ...  many people put them in their  PNs, unfortunately most don't pull off the feel of the movie ... you don't seem to have that problem  ;)   I actually like your clone interactions better than some of the movie scenes.    Can't wait for more.

Oh yeah, loved the trooper beach skit.

You da man, Longhorn.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:43 PM by Swede »
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2006, 05:16 PM »
i cant wait for the next chapters! i mean i have been working on photo novels but my camera isnt good so i'm gonna take a break for a while until christmas when i get a new camera i forgot what it's called but it was the one you told me about. So just wanted to say thank you for the advice ;D Keep up the good work  ;D
Momar and Fester

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2006, 10:14 PM »
I'm thinking of doing a CW PN,once I get a camera & alot more figures from ROTS/AOTC era. :-\

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Hey, more feedback!  Always appreciated!

Swede:  Thanx for leaving feedback, Swede, and welcome to the board.  I appreciate your comments on the dialogue.  I am surprised so many people like the dialogue, since I am hardly a writer.  But I do try to keep everyone in character when I write the dialogue for each chapter.  And I am glad you like the Clone personalities.  Some research and some imagination really helped to distinguish each Clone from each other.  It makes the story more interesting than all the Clones being the same.  Thanx again for your feedback.

212th Battalion:  Glad you are getting a new camera.  Something with an optical zoom and only 2.0 MP will produce great pics.  I thought I had broke my digital camera while on vacation.  I was already planning a "Donate to Longhorn's Camera Fund" in order to continue my story!  ;D  Fortunately, my camera was fine in the end.

Artoo:   This story is much bigger than I originally planned, but it has really been a lot of fun.  With the end in sight, I am already thinking of other stories to work on past this era.  :P

Thanx again for your guys feedback.  Best estimate for the next update is probably two weeks.  But stay tuned... 8)

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2006, 01:46 PM »
glad to see that the camera is good  ;) Can't wait for the new chapters  ;D Keep up the good work  ;D ;D
Momar and Fester

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2006, 11:05 PM »
A GCW or another ROTS-ANH era PN?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2006, 09:48 AM »
A GCW or another ROTS-ANH era PN?

I actually have ideas for both.  But time will tell.  My limitation with real backgrounds is the most difficult part in creating these stories.

Just finished shooting 2 of the next 3 chapters.  Working on the dialogue and outline for the 3rd chapter.

Stay tuned... 8)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Use BG pics from the movie, search the web your bound to find some. Print them out & put them behind the figures.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
DARK ILLUSIONS preview pics 8/3/2006
« Reply #223 on: August 3, 2006, 05:06 PM »
Thanx for the feedback guys.  Always happy to see feedback between the updates, especially since the update are taking longer to post everytime.

Artoo:   I don't have a quality-enough printer to attempt that.  The backgrounds would look really bad with the basic printer I have.  Perhaps the next photonovel will just use basic backgrounds, without regard to what is in the background.

As for another update, I was hoping to post chapters 37, 38, and 39 this Friday , August 4th.  However, with my schedule being very hectic this week, the update may not come until Monday the 7th. 

Here are some preview pics for your viewing pleasure, until the update is posted:

(I am going to have a problem with some of the sizes of the pics in this next update.  I prefer to have all pics the size of the Cody/Dooku pics below, but some of the pics will be the size of the Shocktrooper's pic)

PREVIEW PICS REMOVED & INSERTED BACK INTO THE STORY.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 04:48 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: DARK ILLUSIONS - Photonovel preview pics 8/3/2006
« Reply #224 on: August 3, 2006, 05:26 PM »
WOW!   

That really looks good!  I love the dooku pic.  Is that a SSC anakin sidious holo?  I also like the others, the lighting on that shocktrooper one is great, and the cody one is at a great angle.  Can't wait for the full update!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!