Author Topic: New JD Review: Neimoidian Warrior  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
New JD Review: Neimoidian Warrior
« on: November 3, 2005, 10:08 PM »
You're slacking again Jesse. ;)

As weird as it sounds I'm going to have to agree with you on thus guy. I too actually like him. When you buy enough he can make a nice little army. That being said I just wish he wasn't quite sop readily availible at retail. I do like seeing other figures occasionally. This guy actually makes some pretty good custom fodder as well.

I do have to add one more con to the articualtion though, one of the elbows seems to be cut at a funny angle and as a result doesn't have the greatest range of motion.

I wish they would clearance these off so I could pick up a few more and help get rid of them around here.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2005, 10:09 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New JD Review: Neimoidian Warrior
« Reply #1 on: November 4, 2005, 12:46 AM »
I'm away in the evenings a lot anymore and don't have access to the bits and pieces of the site I need to, so I'm just late getting to posting him. :)

Yup, this week around we are looking at the Neimoidian (I probably misspelled him as Neimodian throughout the review because it's a habit I have) Warrior, or as they call him around here, "The Target Exclusive Frog".  Which that's not fair...  he's pegwarming at TRU too, and Wal-Mart, but for some reason there's literally like 10 pegs of him at one Target in my area and it's almost a joke at this point.  Anyway, check out the Full Review Right Here

But you're right Ryan, I do like this figure, a lot...  He's a solid sculpt, he's got moderate articulation (ball/socket knees would have made me 180 on any negativity I had on this figure really), and his outfit is kind of neat that they cast him in metallic plastic.  He looks cool.  I think his "Commander" figure is evne cooler looking and to me it's more the "trooper" while the bronzed guy is maybe a ceremonial guard instead, but that's another topic in another section...

The big flaws I found were the lack of knee joints and a lack of a decent weapon.  The knees override the weapon, though I suppose it'd be more prominent to me if the knees were articulated in the first place.

I don't mind the angle-cut arms though...  I gave the figure a rifle I had, and he held it with 2 hands perfectly, and he can also put his arms "at ease" at his side, etc...  I can live with the angle-cut arms so long as Hasbro doesn't short the knee joints.

*cough*Saga06HanCarbonite*cough*

Anyway...  I think more people should have a little squad of these fodder frogs to hang out with your Separatist Leader figures.  As a matter O Factly, given the number of Neimoidians everyone seems to have, I would suggest we buy 2 for every opened Separatist Leader we have aside from Grievous, Dooku, and Sidious.  All the others need some half-assed security to get mowed down by Anakin afterall.  And if we got 2 per leader that'd really free up some space I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #2 on: November 4, 2005, 02:52 AM »
Anyway...  I think more people should have a little squad of these fodder frogs to hang out with your Separatist Leader figures.  As a matter O Factly, given the number of Neimoidians everyone seems to have, I would suggest we buy 2 for every opened Separatist Leader we have aside from Grievous, Dooku, and Sidious.  All the others need some half-assed security to get mowed down by Anakin afterall.  And if we got 2 per leader that'd really free up some space I think.

Ok now you're really asking for a lot JJ!  :D

The figure is good overall, nothing spectacular, but nothing horrid either. It's just been overexposed by Hasbro's idiotic assortment practices and it's gotten a bum wrap. Nonetheless, I have 2 Warriors flanking a Commander and I can't see a need for many more of these guys. I saw in another thread someone suggesting they would pick up a few if they were for a buck. At that point then yes maybe I'd pick up a couple more if for nothing else but to give my ROTS Clones something to shoot at, since it sure as hell ain't going to be those ****** battle droids.

Once again, a great review!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 4, 2005, 04:39 AM »
Hah, thanks Jason. :)

I really think the guy's underrated, but for only having a couple seconds of screentime I guess you can't blame people for not wanting an army.  To me though, army builders are army builders as far as me wanting more than one...  I would like 20 Neimodians when it's all said and done I think, with 2 Commanders at least.  If they were a buck, I'd gladly build a bigger army...

Then though I gotta figure out how to arm them.   :-\  The lame-ass gun he has ain't working.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 4, 2005, 06:55 AM »
I agree with Jesse, while this is the sultan of pegwarmers, its actually a pretty good figure. Good review Jesse.  :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 4, 2005, 09:42 AM »
(I probably misspelled him as Neimodian throughout the review because it's a habit I have)

No worries when you have a great editor to catch things like that!   :D

Great review of an otherwise lame figure - I agree with you Jesse in that articulated knees and a smaller gun would have made this guy a LOT better.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 01:20 AM »
Thanks guys. :)  Definitely appreciate the thoughts...  Seems a concensus is forming between knee articulation and a good gun being this figure's requirements for a "knock-out".

Kind of like the way the AT-RT Driver got a nice gun and that big hulking "thing" nobody wants.  :)