Author Topic: ROTS Pegwarmers?  (Read 45488 times)

SilverZ

Re: ROTS Pegwarmers?
« Reply #75 on: July 6, 2005, 08:29 PM »
The latest and greatest warmer here is Deluxe Stass Allie. Long after even the Spider Droids have dried up, Stass Allie is hangin' tough. The local Walmart had a dozen of them over the weekend.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 8, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I stopped off at Target and Wal-Mart yesterday, just checking for the Wookiee Flyer, Boba Cup Set, and possibly a pack or two of the Mpire figures.  Didn't find any of those things, so I checked out the pegwarming situation a little closer.  It seems to basically be the same culprits at both of these stores:

Mas Amedda
Polis Massan
Clone Pilot
Palpatine w/ Red Saber
Aayla Secura
Neimodian Warrior

Just rows and rows of those six, with the occasional Bail or other background Jedi thrown in.  Other than that, I think that is all I saw.  No Anakins, Obis, R2s, 3POs, Chewies, Padmes, etc....not a single one.   The wookiee warriors seem to have dried up now too, after seeing a bit of a glut of those.  I hope that they can get some of these figures moved out, but I'm starting to have my doubts.  On the positive side...our local Target lowered the price back down to $5.24 (from $5.99), which is a nice surprise.  Cheaper than Wal-Mart right now ;).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2005, 02:04 PM »
At the end of July here, the pegwarmers are becoming an increasing concern of mine.  Target and Wal-Mart both basically have the same figures, and plenty of 'em.  And, they are the type of characters I don't really see disappearing any time soon.  Hopefully they will clearance them out or just get rid of them somehow, so we can see the later waves of ROTS and get things all cleared out nice and tidy for when the Saga Collection starts up in 2006 (or late 2005?).  Here's pretty much all you can see here, at least at Target and Wal-Mart:

Neimoidian Warrior
Mas Amedda
Polis Massan
Vader's Medical Droid (lesser than the others)
Palpatine (Red Lightsaber)
Clone Pilot
Aayla Secura (lesser than the others)
Luminara Unduli (lesser than the others)

Overall, aside from a few each of the Med Droid, Aayla, and Luminara...the pegs are just solid full with the other 5.  We've seen 50 figures released so far this year, but you can only find about 8-10 of them.  TRU seems to have brought some older stock out, as well as those value packs, but nothing of big interest there either.  Although I never would have guessed it, I don't think there is an Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Chewbacca, or R2 to be found in town really.  Unless someone wants to army build Mas and Polis Massans, it might be trouble brewing :).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2005, 02:39 PM »
As I posted in another thread, the local Target had not stocked any basic action figures in the past month (at least) or so, and when I went in today, they had restocked with two cases, both of which were the 41-44 "army builder" case.  There was 1 Clone left out of 6, maybe 3 of the Droidekas, but there were six more Wookiees and Neimoidians hanging around than there were the last time I checked on Sunday.

I honestly think it's time for Hasbro to do a big "recall" along the lines of what they did when TPM and AOTC were out.  The thing that will be different this time around is that there isn't such a glut of main characters (or characters in general).  They could come in and take back about eight figures, and the pegwarmer problem would be decreased significantly.

Figures they *could* recall so new stuff can get out:

-Neimoidian Warrior
-Wookiee Warrior
-Mas Amedda
-Clone Pilot
-Tarfull
-Palpatine (35)
-Grievous' Bodyguard
-Bail Organa

With more Wookiees, Neimoidians, and Bodyguards coming in a few months, and the current versions being the "main offenders" right now, those three at least could be taken back and cause a major dent in things.  At this point, everybody who wants one, has one of Bail, Amedda, Tarfull and Palpatine, so the only one that could reasonably escape this is the Clone Pilot.  But then, with no ARCs or Gunships on the shelves for him to fly, what point is there with him either?

I think the real problem with clearancing the "main offenders" by themselves is that most stores order SW figures based on case numbers, and they can't clearance a figure without first clearancing the assortment itself.  If they did that, they would not get any more figures period.  So, unless Target or TRU or Wal-Mart has the time/patience/masochist urges to sit down and manually enter the numbers for each individual figure to go on clearance, or unless Hasbro takes these figures back, it's going to continue being a sea of Clone Pilots, Neimoidians, and Wookiees until 2008.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Well, I think it's quite clear that all across the country the theme of pegwarmers is the same.  And funny too, how it's the same handful of figs that are clogging the space.

It's too bad the assortment concept has not been perfected yet.  What a wonderful world it'd be if all figures that came in the back door went out the front door.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2005, 10:23 PM »

It's too bad the assortment concept has not been perfected yet.  What a wonderful world it'd be if all figures that came in the back door went out the front door.

Yeah because the way we have it now, all figures come in the back door, clones and exclusives go right back out the same way they came in, and mas amedda is comforted by some neimodians on the peg hooks.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Backdoor toys? :o

I saw that in a movie once.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Backdoor toys? :o

I saw that in a movie once.

Kevin

Only once?   ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Revenge of the Pegwarmers
« Reply #83 on: November 4, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Seems lately (at least in my area) that things are finally starting to get backed up... I've been overly impressed with the steady pace of new figures the past 6 months, but I think it's finally starting to look familiar.

Other than the Nemoidian Warrior, the following figures have become major pegwarmers in my area lately, and most TRU, Walmart and Target stores have at anywhere from 10-25 of each of the following -

- Chancellor Palpatine (handcuff version)
- Pollis Massan
- SaeseeTiin
- Darth Vader
- Mon Mothma
- Destroyer Droid
- Mas Amedda

Surprisingly, Bail Organa has seemed to dry up... as have most of the Jedi figures and the Super Battle Droids.  Figures like Captain Antilles and Zett Jukasa, and the red robed Palpatine have surprised me as they don't seem to be bad of a pegwarming issue.

The newer waves still sell out very quickly... I just wish these skew numbers would be thrown on clearance... I can see the Vaders selling really well in the holiday season, but the others?  I don't know.

Is this consistent with other areas?

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 4, 2005, 04:10 PM »
The current 'warmers in VA:

-Supreme C Palpatine
-Neimodian Warrior (of course)
-Mon Mothma
-Bail Organa
-Stass Allie
-Both "Duel" Unleashed

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: November 5, 2005, 01:18 AM »
After some trips out I've noticed a lot of Collection 1 starting to sit, which is maybe just a short-term lull or perhaps the kids have finally figured out that new video games are out there they want...

Lots of stuff I haven't seen for a while is out there though, like Anakin figures, Chewbacca, etc...  Not much I'm wanting, but still lots of stuff.

The line's going to be a bitch to find if all that's coming in right now is old stuff though.  I did notice that Clones have gone from handfuls here and there to almost none... 

Vader's king pegwarmer right now I think.  Almost every WM has an army of him from the solid cases...  Neimoidian is a pegwarmer, but Vader's really outpacing him right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #86 on: November 5, 2005, 02:16 AM »
I actually counted the Neimodians at my Target after hearing about the clearance and was surprised to find only two.  This was down a lot from just a few weeks ago, and it makes me wonder if they didn't clear some space just to get all the massive numbers of C1 stuff in lately. 

But he still warms elsewhere, along with the usual suspects.  Vader is terrible now, too. 

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 5, 2005, 07:45 AM »
In Utah:

Walmart:
Nemodian Warrior (thinnning out)
Nemodian Commander
Vader
AT RT Driver
Obi Wan Pilot (but moving at a steady pace)
Mas Amedda

Seems the recent sales have helped move the line but the Nemo at Targets need to clear out. Hopefully what that Hasbro rep told me will come to pass quickly here where they get their own SKU so they can be cleared out individually.

Target:
Nemodian Warrior and Commander
AT RT Driver
Mas Amedda
Clone Pilot Grey Version

« Last Edit: November 5, 2005, 07:46 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 5, 2005, 01:56 PM »
In Southern California:

Walmart: depends but usually
Nemodian Warrior
Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot - sadly
AT-RT Driver
Mas Amedda

Target:
Nemodian Warrior
Pollis Massan
Vader's Medical Droid

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 6, 2005, 04:50 AM »
It's funny how regions differ...

While I see an Obi Pilot or RT Driver here and there, I don't see many of them anywhere, and many stores have absolutely none... 

Also, the Clone Pilot is all but gone at this point.  I think the severe lack of anything Clone pushed this guy some for a while too but around here I can't think of seeing even one recently on my hunts.  Or I just didn't notice...

Also, Polis Massaan and Med Droid NEVER pegwarmed here which is funny.  Actually the Med Droid was somewhat uncommon even.  It took me a long long time to finally track one down, and while I saw it sporatically afterwards, I haven't seen it on the pegs for probably 2 months now at least.

The bigger pegwarmers were Bail Organa, Mothma, Chancellor Palpatine, Emperor Palpatine, Neimoidian, and more recently Vader...  Then there's always lingering Jedi too at any given location, but nothing major like the Neimoidian...  Just a few of Luminara or Shaak Ti, or perhaps a couple Plo Koons and Sae Sae Tinn figures...  Kolar I'm noticing more lately whereas a month ago he was non-existant.

Padme was REAL common at one point around here but she's all gone now... 

Current figures backing up bigtime are the Mustafar Duel Obi-Wan and Vader though...  Oh and Spinning Yoda has always been a HUGE pegwarmer around here that I seemingly always forget to mention.  The other Yoda with the Wookiee gun was real tough to find though, and rightfully so.

All Collection 1 reshipping are backing up around here though, and the literally 5 pegs full of Vader at many Wal-Mart stores isn't helping that situation at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77