Author Topic: ROTS Pegwarmers?  (Read 45558 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Pegwarmers?
« Reply #90 on: November 6, 2005, 08:35 AM »
Obi Pilot is a really nice figure.  I'm a little supprised he lingers more than the Musafar Sentry.  I've always wanted 2 of him but I'm waiting for my second since the baby Luke comes with the same Obi Pilot figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 8, 2005, 08:53 AM »
The pegwarming situation here hasn't been quite as bad lately, especially at Target, which seems to have cleared out quite a bit of their Neimodian Warrior stock.  They still have quite a few, but not nearly what it was a little while ago.  Other suspects at all the stores are the usuals...Mas Amedda, Clone Pilot, and Polis Massan.  Recently, there has been a lot of Vaders hanging out again, like many of you have mentioned.  Personally, I don't think I've seen hardly any Jedi figures for quite some time now, aside from Pilot Obi-Wan.  That figure is found pretty regularly around here now, and its really a shame in some ways, because it might be the best figure of the line.  It reminds me of the situation with the VOTC Han Solo, here are probably my two favorite modern figures, or at least in my top five, and both of them seemed to pegwarm pretty regularly.  Also, when we stopped at Target this past Sunday to pick up some Christmas presents for our nephews, they actually had quite a few of the SA Clones on the pegs.  Those have been around more this year than I would have expected.  It seems like any Stormtrooper or Clone figures seem to be gone instantly, no matter how much they ship, in the past lines.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: November 9, 2005, 12:40 AM »
With the massive reshipments for the DVD release I was surprised to see all-new droves of figures on the pegs tonight...

I saw a LOT more SA Clones, RT Drivers, Obi Pilots, Green Commanders and the like tonight...  Like I keep saying though, I bet these move steadily (albeit perhaps slowly on some of them) rather than being true "pegwarmers".

I saw lots of stuff I hadn't seen for a while tonight too like Clone Pilots in good quantity again at Target...  I also noticed that some of the final 12 are either on the verge of backing up into the system, or I just hit it lucky.  Given the tornadoe aftermath I saw in the toy aisle though, I'm wagering that what I saw were what hte Scalpers are giving up on because I saw none of the Wookiee Gunner, R4, or the 501st...  Remnants of the rest of the final 12 though, and really quite a few of the Magna Droid and Neimoidian Cmdr.

I'm going to label the ONLY two major pegwarmers in my area as the Neimoidian Warrior and Darth Vader...  Right now, they're the only figures I can positively ID as ones that have been there for over a month.  In some of these stores they were down to bare pegs till just a couple weeks ago so I'm not pulling the pegwarmer plug on some figures yet...  Sales for the line seem to still be quite strong...  I'm still even seeing lots of kids at the stores, or people who are definitely parents and not collectors because they're passing over stuff a collector would've grabbed in a heartbeat.  One guy even asked me if I could help him get a Chewbacca for his son...  I sorta felt bad he couldn't find one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #93 on: November 9, 2005, 04:58 AM »
I noticed a lot of Chewbacca at Target last night.  He's shipping again in a new mix that includes the Jedi Kick Obi and only one new fig -- Gree. 

No sign at all of the 501st wave.  Ugh.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: November 9, 2005, 05:24 AM »
That same mix is shipping heavily to my area Spuffy but I didn't realize it was its own assortment.  I was wondering where all these Chewie's and kicking Obi's were coming from...  Didn't realize where that may be where the Grees are coming from.  Ironically he's not moving TOO well.  Of all the final 12 Clones, Gree is the one you see the most and rightly so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 9, 2005, 07:12 AM »
It's weird isn't it?  When I saw the movie I thought a Gree would be the greatest!  Now that I found both Bly and Gree I can see why.  I have 2 Bly figures and 2 Gree figures, and when I went back to the store the other day and saw a Bly and Gree I found myself with a Bly figure in hand as I walked around looking for stuff.  I put it back but I was really tempted to get it.  Not so much with Gree.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 9, 2005, 07:31 AM »
Gree, Bly, Neimo Cmmdr, Cat Miin and Passel have been warming the pegs for weeks here.  The Clones surprise me.  This might be the reason im not seeing the final 5 around here, except the one time I was friggin denied in buying them.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2005, 02:33 AM »
I really think what we are seeing is the dying of the line now. The last five have come and still show up but not in bulk here in Utah (1 or 2 cases pop in at Wally or Target).  Now even Wally though is not getting huge shipments of figures in, only 3 or 4 cases at a time (at the high volume stores).  Less if your an average or new store.  I guess I would ask when you think Hasbro will stop shipping ROTS materials so retailers can clear out the bulk of what they have over the holidays? I would say by the second week of December ROTS is dead as a line. That gives retailers 2 weeks to clear out inventory and then to get ready for the after Holiday reset that happens in Jan. Which will bring me to my last point. Based on other transition years between movie and non-movie years, the first wave or two for next year might be a ROYAL BEAR to find as stores are not receiving or putting out inventory until after they take inventory and reset. Not to say that the new OTC stuff won't show up, but it could be hard to find at first, especially IF some of the ROTS stuff hangs on the pegs while waiting for inventory and resets in Jan. Thoughts?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2005, 05:31 AM »
I'd agree with that...  It does seem the line's popularity has wained.  The movie blitz is done, the people are dropping off.  I think there's still some life, but it's noticeably less...  At least it seems that way to me.

I am sure the line's still more popular now than it was 3 years ago though. :)  Saga '02/'03 was such a dismal time...  And a lot of what's out there in droves is bound to move slowly but surely.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2005, 11:46 AM »
WRT the "final 5" which is hardest to get besides the Tack Ops Trooper?  Oh, and worst pegwarmer of all is the 500th Vader!  Man will it ever go on sale?!?!  Every store has tons of them!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:59 PM by rishakra »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2005, 06:53 PM »
Current 'warmers:

-Neimodian Warrior
-Emperor Palpatine
-Supreme C Palpatine
-Suit Darth Vader
-Mas Amedda
-Overpriced waste-of-plastic hunks of crap (Target Exclusive Obi and Vader "Lava Reflection")
-Mon Mothma
-And those damn exclusive StarCases
-Sith Evolutions
-Greivous Wheelbike
-ALL Force Battlers

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05 PM »
weve got plenty of holo aayla, holo plo koon and neiomodian commander near here
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2007, 03:18 AM »
Still find the ultimate in ROTS pegwarmers here in MN.  Mon Mothma

Offline David