Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Super Hero/Comic Book Movies

<< < (273/273)

BillCable:
I've seen the "short list" posted a number of places - the actors they're reportedly considering.  They're all white.  The two main ones are Percy Jackson and the lead from Maze Runner.

If I had any say, I'd have them consider Leo Howard.  He's on Disney's Kickin' It (which my younger daughter loves).  He's legit young (17).  He's a martial artist. And he's got great charisma.

BrentS:

--- Quote from: BillCable on February 12, 2015, 01:31 PM ---
If I had any say, I'd have them consider Leo Howard.  He's on Disney's Kickin' It (which my younger daughter loves).  He's legit young (17).  He's a martial artist. And he's got great charisma.

--- End quote ---

Ha! Never thought I'd see a "Kickin' it" reference here.  I could see him as a good fit though - I like the outside the box thinking.

jedipurge:
i don't understand why take a well known character that has a comic 'history' and change them, why not just introduce a new character. Seems like no creativity there. If what we're left with is changing up the male to female or 1 race to another and thats the level of creativity we've hit then its sad day.

Qui-Gon Jim:
The press releases on this all mention Peter Parker so the Morales idea is off the table.

I think one of the things that Feige brings is the experience in adapting these characters for the screen in such a way that "respects" the source material (for lack of a better term).  I think these studio hacks get involved and start screwing around with things for no other reason than because they can. KF takes the source and adapts it into the framework they have established.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version