Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 106259 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #1395 on: August 11, 2015, 02:58 PM »
I love FF, but won't bother seeing this version.  I am getting tired of the antagonistic government angle that gets too played up (works for X-Men; FF not so much).  From what I've heard and read about Trank's FF, the government locks down the team or something.  The government doesn't need to be the antagonist, much less the villain.  That's why you've got Dr. Doom.  His inclusion as little more than an undeveloped afterthought, while the FBI locks up Reed and whatever else is just stupid. 

Regarding Galactus, remember that's not what Galactus really looks like; it's what our puny mortal minds are capable of conceiving him to be.

And at least he doesn't look as ridiculous as he looked back when human beings couldn't conceive of him with long sleeves and pants:

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 14, 2015, 01:50 PM »
Seeing "Ant Man" tonight. This will be the first "Comic Super Hero" movie I've ever initiated being willing to pay money to go see in the theater (I probably would have with "Guardians of the Galaxy", but just waited for Blu Ray). Fingers crossed. I'm counting on all of your opinions.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 14, 2015, 02:40 PM »
meh....I like Paul Rudd but meh...Last portion of the movie was okay at least.  I guess there's 2 clips at the end.  I left after the 1st one not knowing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Begin each day like it was on purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 14, 2015, 04:10 PM »
I thought it was awesome.  The first bonus scene is mid way through the credits, but you have to stay to the very end to see the last one, which was totally worth it if you're following what's next for Marvel.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. "

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1399 on: August 15, 2015, 07:28 AM »
Seeing "Ant Man" tonight. This will be the first "Comic Super Hero" movie I've ever initiated being willing to pay money to go see in the theater (I probably would have with "Guardians of the Galaxy", but just waited for Blu Ray). Fingers crossed. I'm counting on all of your opinions.

So how'd you like it?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 15, 2015, 08:54 AM »

So how'd you like it?

I liked it. Didn't love it. It was very fun and funny. Ant-Man's cell mate/roommate was hilarious. I'm glad I paid to see it.

Oh and I lied, I did see the 3rd Nolan Batman in theaters because of how good the first two were.
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"