Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335371 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2007, 06:52 AM »
According to the latest rumors, Samuel Jackson may be making an appearance in the Iron Man movie, playing Nick Fury.  It is likely a cameo, and obviously based on the Marvel Ultimate version, but interesting news if it turns out to be true.

Booo!  I like Sam Jackson, but would much rather see the movie follow the Marvel storyline vs. the Ulimates.  How is it that books like Avengers have been around for 30+ years, but Marvel gos and makes cartoon movies for the ultimate  Avengers?!  Boooo!  Drop Jackson and give The Hoff an eye patch if you want a good Nick Fury.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 25, 2007, 08:12 PM »
Saw Fantastic Four 2 earlier today. Thought it was waaaay better than the first, the Surfer was especially cool. Still, Galactus was portrayed kind of weird, and Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba have absolutely NO chemistry whatsoever. It was really painful to watch.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 26, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Saw Fantastic Four 2 earlier today. Thought it was waaaay better than the first, the Surfer was especially cool. Still, Galactus was portrayed kind of weird, and Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba have absolutely NO chemistry whatsoever. It was really painful to watch.

Well, to be honest, I never thought the Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic had a lot of chemistry in the comics, so this is true to form... ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 26, 2007, 12:55 PM »
 :o

Iron Man Cast From Left To Right:
Jim Rhodes (Terrence Howard), Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), and Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges)

Jeff Bridges is looking BADASS!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Saw this in the latest EW.  I was surprised to see Obadiah in there as a mentor - in the comics, Stane basically steals Stark's company when Tony falls off the wagon and a major battle ensues with Iron Man fighting Stanes bigger and badder version of the armor.  I wonder if Stane will be a baddy in the first flick or if they're setting us up for betrayal down the line?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 21, 2007, 01:41 PM »
So the 1997 Batman & Robin was on last night... And I watched it. The sad part is, when I was a wee youngling, that used to be my favorite Bat-flick. I got about 45 minutes in to the part where Bane dons a top hat and acts as chauffeur for Poison Ivy, then promptly turned it off. Between that and Mr. Freeze's ice skating lackeys, Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl, and Mr. Freeze's puns, I had enough.

Oh, and lets not forget these babies:

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #501 on: July 21, 2007, 04:57 PM »
So the 1997 Batman & Robin was on last night... And I watched it. The sad part is, when I was a wee youngling, that used to be my favorite Bat-flick. I got about 45 minutes in to the part where Bane dons a top hat and acts as chauffeur for Poison Ivy, then promptly turned it off. Between that and Mr. Freeze's ice skating lackeys, Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl, and Mr. Freeze's puns, I had enough.

Oh, and lets not forget these babies:

:P
That movie is probably one of the worst ones of all time...we had a thread here a few years ago about movies you almost left in the theater...that was my choice.  Terrible

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 25, 2007, 12:24 PM »
A new photo of Iron Man (courtesy of ILM) from the cover of Empire Magazine.  I have to say, it looks pretty cool.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 25, 2007, 03:19 PM »
A new photo of Iron Man (courtesy of ILM) from the cover of Empire Magazine.  I have to say, it looks pretty cool.

Awesome.  I cannot wait for this movie to come out!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 25, 2007, 06:43 PM »

I'm pumped! Summer '08 looks like a great year for movies, Iron Man, new Batman, Hulk, Indy IV, Rambo IV.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 26, 2007, 10:05 AM »
It sounds as if Samuel Sterns/The Leader will also be appearing in next summer's Hulk movie, played by Tim Blake Nelson.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58 AM »

I'm pumped! Summer '08 looks like a great year for movies, Iron Man, new Batman, Hulk, Indy IV, Rambo IV.

I was with you until you said the "R" word.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:58 AM by ruiner »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 26, 2007, 04:20 PM »
This makes me think. If comic books are such great fodder for movies, why are comic book shops so few and far between? I've been looking for a comic book shop in my area. Everytime I get an address, it turns out the place closed. Heck, were do you even buy comic books anymore? Borders? Walmart?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I often wonder how comic shops do these days.  It seems like you hear quite a bit that they are slowly dying out, and I wonder if that is indeed the case.  I think we have two shops in town (I've just gone to one), which surprises me that we can support two here.  Before we moved to "the city", when I started getting into comics again, I mainly relied on subscriptions or TPBs from bookstores.  Actually, I was probably better off not having access to shops as easily, it would have saved me some money  ;).

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 26, 2007, 04:56 PM »
This makes me think. If comic books are such great fodder for movies, why are comic book shops so few and far between? I've been looking for a comic book shop in my area. Everytime I get an address, it turns out the place closed. Heck, were do you even buy comic books anymore? Borders? Walmart?

I get my single issues at Borders, although I've stopped buying multiple single issues and am focusing on building up my TPB collection. I think the last single issue I bought was Amazing Spiderman #541. When given the oppurtunity, I will also rummage through yard sales for older single issues. I've found some pretty cool finds through garage/yard sales.