Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335381 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #1185 on: August 6, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Considering the direction that the Avengers took with the Chitauri and their "Ally", I think it would be interesting to see the Silver Surfer and Galactus make their way into that comic universe.  After all, the Avengers are about taking on monumental threats.  Silver Surfer and Galactus represent the kind of threat that the Avengers are about.

+1
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 7, 2012, 02:41 AM »

Considering the direction that the Avengers took with the Chitauri and their "Ally", I think it would be interesting to see the Silver Surfer and Galactus make their way into that comic universe.  After all, the Avengers are about taking on monumental threats.  Silver Surfer and Galactus represent the kind of threat that the Avengers are about.

I hope they can do better than Galactus than having him be a purple cloud like in the FF movie.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 15, 2012, 10:49 AM »
It sounds like, with the upcoming Oct 10th date looming, Fox has decided to let Daredevil's rights go back to Marvel.  It sounds like, since her movie was released in 2005, Elektra may still remain with Fox, but everything else is going back to the House of Ideas.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/daredevil-reportedly-returning-to-marvel

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57 AM »
It sounds like, with the upcoming Oct 10th date looming, Fox has decided to let Daredevil's rights go back to Marvel.  It sounds like, since her movie was released in 2005, Elektra may still remain with Fox, but everything else is going back to the House of Ideas.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/daredevil-reportedly-returning-to-marvel

Interesting.  According to IMDB, the movie made about $100,000,000 worldwide.  But those gross box office numbers never really reflect the marketing budget of a title.  And the marketing costs can very often be in excess of the production budget of a movie.

I suspect Fox probably thought it was better to just let this one go.  Especially if they didn't have a decent script to put another Daredevil film into production.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 6, 2012, 11:33 AM »
http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2012/09/thor-dark-world-rumored-to-have-doctor.html

Dr. Strange to be played by Strider/Aragorn/King Elessar to appear in Thor:Dark World?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 6, 2012, 07:41 PM »
I like Viggo, but I don't see it. Strange should be played by a svelter, darker haired dude.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 23, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Saw DREDD this weekend. It was pretty good for what it is. Limited budget compared to the 90's version, so much less futuristic, but still conveys a distopian future decently. More claustrophobic, I guess you could say. Very violent.  DREDD is lacking in the satire department. That was a significant part of the comics that I read...I admit, I haven't read that many recent ones, though. Urban makes a decent Dredd....though I had to get used to his voice, guess Stallone left an impression on me.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 24, 2012, 09:49 AM »
I hear this time he left is helmet on.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 24, 2012, 01:34 PM »
I saw Dredd yesterday and yes, the helmet never comes off.  You don't see Urban's face in the entire movie.  But that's okay, because Olivia Thirlby, who I hadn't seen since Juno, never wears a helmet and she's pretty hot. 

I liked the movie.  I thought it was pretty good, just enough story to put everything in motion and then it's balls-out action right to the end.

I did not see it in 3D and I don't think you need to in order to enjoy it.  There were only a couple of parts during the movie where I thought "that would look cool in 3D," otherwise it seems like a waste.  Besides, a lot of it takes place in the dark interior of a city block and I don't think 3D works well in those types of settings.  Tron, for example, was mostly dark and I thought the 3D didn't pop like it would have in a brighter setting, which was a disappointment because I was thinking going in that if any film would look good in 3D it would be that one.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1194 on: September 24, 2012, 11:48 PM »
I went to see Dredd on Friday and thought it was actually really good, much better than i had expected.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 26, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Holy crap! I just saw an ad in the new Ozymandias comic for The Dark Knight Returns animated feature, based on the classic Frank Miller graphic novel!  :o

How did I miss hearing about this? Should I even be excited or is this going to be some watered-down pap that sucks out loud?

I guess it came out this week on DVD...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1196 on: October 25, 2012, 10:11 PM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 25, 2012, 11:01 PM »
He said he'd be back...

Wow.  Does he have anything left in the tank?  I wasn't a big fan of the sequels, but I love me some Ahhhnold.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 26, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Why would anyone want to see Conan again? No one went to see the Jason Momoa version last year. I guess since Arnold's political career was gutted has to do something.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 26, 2012, 10:23 PM »
I'd see Arnold as Conan again, even Conan the Destroyer wasn't all bad. Didn't see Momoa, since i thought he blew chunks on Stargate Atlantis (that show mostly disappointed, though).

I'm surprised they are saying Wolverine sequel takes place after X-Men 3 The Last Stand, not after X-Men Origins: Wolverine the Origin of the X-Men's Wolverine