Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335413 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2004, 03:47 PM »
It’s too bad they didn’t make F.F. in the 60’s with John Agar as Mr. Fantastic and Ray Milland as Dr. Doom.
 I’d like to see a film done in Kirby style,- The Forever People vs. Apokolips or a heavily Asgardian Thor would be swell. A Nexus film would be cool, I’m hoping someone will fund Rude so he can make his cartoon.
 Really like American Flagg, but don’t think that qualifies as super-hero.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2004, 08:45 AM »
The first reviews of Spidey 2 are starting to come in, and are sounding very positive.  Although it is hard sometimes to take much stock in what "critics" say about movies, I do like to hear when they actually like some of my favorite movies.  You can listen to Ebert and Roeper's review of the film HERE, they both gave it "two thumbs WAY up", with Ebert going as far to say it is the best superhero movie of all time.  Good to hear some positive reviews for Spidey, I can't wait to see this next week.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2004, 12:36 PM »
EVerything I've heard about Spidey has been glowing almost to the point that its the best movie of the year...Any word on Spidey 3???  Plot...McGuire Returning?...villain?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Monday 21st June 2004: Spider-Man 3 Update:
The third Spider-Man film has already been given a release date of May 4, 2007.

This second sequel has been green-lit and moved into development, but no plot has been announced.

Starring Tobey Maguire (in talks). Director(s) Sam Raimi.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 8, 2004, 09:27 AM »
SuperHeroHype has an article up today that Variety is reporting that 3 of the Fantastic 4 have been CAST

Here's who they say the choices are:

Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic - Ian Gruffudd
Ben Grimm/The Thing - Michael Chiklis
Johnny Storm/Human Torch - Chris Evans

Sue Storm is the one not officially cast yet, and the front runner according to this article is now Jessica Alba....Rachel McAdams and Keri Russell are also rumored contenders.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: July 8, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Hmmm...interesting.  I'm sort of glad to see they aren't going with A-List stars.  Jessica Alba?  Weird choice, she'd be the biggest star of the bunch.  No word on Doom either...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 8, 2004, 11:04 AM »
I thought Alba was an odd choice as well.  Nothing against her at all, but some of the other actresses rumored (Rachel McAdams, Elisha Cuthbert) made more sense to me.  We'll see how it turns out...they were supposed to have the "official" announcement last week already (according to Avi Arad), so maybe it will come sometime this week.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 9, 2004, 12:00 PM »
This is sure to cause an uproar, but this rumor over at TNI is stating that Jessica Simpson has been contacted about a role (as Dazzler) in X-Men 3.  Supposedly it would be a small role, to possibly build upon later.

Simpson in X-Men 3?

I know a lot of people strongly dislike her, so I'm sure that this won't be met with much pleasantness.  I guess if it is a smaller role, and her acting isn't awful, it isn't too big of a deal.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 9, 2004, 12:11 PM »
Hmm, not keen on Alba for that role at all.  A very good actress, but not suitable IMO.  Sue needs to be an unknown and a little more mature than 25, IMO.  Unless they're going for an origin angle too but I feel they should use someone a little less beautiful or I'm going to be thinking twisted toyfare theater the entire time.  

Count me as a non-fan of Jessica Simpson.  Sure, she's attractive, but based on comments from the tv show, dumb as a sack of hammers.  Which is not to say I expect actors to be MENSA quality material, but there's not much need for her to raise the profile of these movies, so why they'd go for her is beyond me.  Find a Famke Janssen type to fill the role: a little less well known, capable actor, beautiful.  I will say that Ms. Simpson fits the mental/comic visual image of Dazzler well though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 9, 2004, 12:35 PM »
I don't think Jessica S. is a terrible choice for Dazzler.  If it's a small role (and Dazzler is actually singing), I think she'd do fine.  

I do agree, though, that they need to find a better Invisible Woman, sorry but that Jessica does nothing for me in the role of Sue. :P
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 9, 2004, 12:53 PM »
 :-[  Been a while since I read the comics, that much is obvious.  I had forgotten that Dazzler is a musician/vocalist.  Oops.  Makes Simpson a better fit, for sure.  I may not listen to her music, but I won't question her vocal ability.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2004, 09:28 AM »
SuperHeroHype is reporting that Elisha Dushku is rumored to be up for the role of Black Cat in the next installment in the Spidey franchise.  Apparently, she read for the role of Mary Jane initially as well.  I have nothing against Dushku, but she does seem like an interesting choice to me.  Here's the article, but it doesn't provide much detail.  Again, just a rumor for now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Mmmm, Eliza Dusku in tight black leather with the a vee neck that goes all the way down.  I'm there.  (Not that I wouldn't be regardless)

PS- JD so needs a drooling smiley.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2004, 09:33 AM »
It looks like Jessica Alba has been confirmed as playing Sue Storm/Invisible Woman in the Fantastic Four movie.  Visit the SuperHeroHype article at the linky ;).  Thoughts on the overall choices for the "Four"?

Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic - Ioan Gruffudd

Sue Storm/Invisible Woman - Jessica Alba

Ben Grimm/The Thing - Michael Chiklis

Johnny Storm/Human Torch - Chris Evans

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Hmmm, interesting they went with Alba.  I wonder if they'll dye her hair Blonde?  I think that's a bad choice still...oh well