Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335433 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #135 on: January 7, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Also, I see that Yahoo Movies has the first five minutes of Elektra, if you want to watch it.  I wasn't real interested in seeing this movie, and didn't really follow the character much except for when she appeared in other comics I was reading (well, and the Daredevil movie), but the first five minutes doesn't look too bad really.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 8, 2005, 12:02 AM »
I'm personally really looking forward to the Man of Steel returning to the big screen.

I totally agree.  It's been too long since we've since a well done Superman movie. 

On an unrelated note, Nicholas Cage is going to be Johnny Blaze, otherwise known as Ghost Rider.  Well, I love Cage's stuff, but I'm not sure he can pull off role.  We'll see.  Ever since Marvel started this craze of super hero movies, GR has been at the top of my list.  My brother was a huge fan, and got me hooked.  And now that the technology exists to do the special effects properly, this could be one hell of a movie.

« Last Edit: January 8, 2005, 12:06 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2005, 05:06 PM »
The SIN CITY high res trailer

Definitely worth the download. It's 54MB, though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2005, 02:43 PM »
You can view a 20 second snippet of the Fantastic Four Teaser online now (click on the "MTV Trailer Footage).  It isn't much, but apparently the full teaser is attached to Elektra this weekend, and should probably be online next Monday.  I'm anxious to see what they do with this movie, hopefully it turns out ok.  If interested, clicky above :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I wasn't sure about going to see Elektra, but if the FF teaser is with it, I might.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2005, 03:58 AM »
The SIN CITY high res trailer

Definitely worth the download. It's 54MB, though.

Amen to that... looks brilliant.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2005, 08:45 AM »
The whole Fantastic Four teaser can now be viewed online HERE.  You can choose from small, medium, large, and fullscreen.  Doesn't look too bad for me, although I'll admit I'm a sucker for superhero movies, at least of the heroes I know :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #142 on: February 6, 2005, 04:09 AM »
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0502/03/index.htm

You know the Man-Thing flick is a total crapfest if it hits SciFi.

But I'll watch it anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 8, 2005, 01:57 PM »
Anyone excited about V for Vendetta being made into a movie? I have all the V books, so I'm happy.

And Natali Portman is playing the main female charachter. ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 9, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Not really, not after what they did with LXG and From Hell. Hopefully they won’t ever bastardize Miracleman or The Watchmen.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Here is the "official" teaser poster for the Fantastic Four.  I'm really looking forward to this one, hope it turns out good.  It would be nice to see F4 get a nice movie treatment.  Picture/poster courtesy of SuperHeroHype.com:

Fantastic Four Teaser Poster
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 03:58 PM by mosnab »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2005, 06:55 PM »
I caught that Sin City trailer on TV the other night.  I really need to see that movie.  Not as much as ROTS, but really close.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Kevin will be proud to hear that I took his advice and bought The Punisher yesterday - blind buy at $10 at Circuit City. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it - thanks for the heads up Kevin.

I've been looking to get Spider-Man for $10, too, but I can't seem to find it in Widescreen format. I'm thinking about blind-buying DareDevil, too, Wal-Mart has it for $13. I'd like to get the Hellboy Director's Cut, but $25 is too much for me.

My girlfriend and I saw Constantine - she seemed to enjoy it a little more than I did. I thought half of it was awesome and the other half felt rushed... The first 30 minutes or so were great, the last 30 minutes were too choppy for me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2005, 02:36 PM »
Just an update of the upcoming comic book movie slate as we know it....

Sin City - April 1, 2005
I haven't ever read the graphic novel, but the trailers make it look pretty cool.  Doubt I'll get the Mrs. to go see it, but maybe a rental down the road.  I'm sure fans of the book are looking forward to it though.

Batman Begins - June 17, 2005
I'm looking forward to the restart of the Batman franchise.  It really needs a revamping after the past couple movie efforts, and from what I have seen and read, it looks like they are definitely taking it in the right direction cast and story-wise.  I'll definitely check it out.

Fantastic Four - July 8, 2005
I'll be heading to this one as well.  It will be interesting to see how it is brought to the big screen, but the F4 were always one of my favorite parts of the Marvel Universe, right after Spidey.  I'm hoping it is successful and leads to a sequel or two.  From what I've read, the cast is signed to 3 picture deals.

Further out....

X-Men 3 - May 26, 2006
I've enjoyed both of the X-Men movies, and hopefully the new direction team can take it to the same levels that Bryan Singer brought to the franchise.  From what I have read recently, Beast, Gambit, and possibly Angel could be joining the team in the next installment...and there are possibilities of a Dark Phoenix storyline (and also mention of Sentinels, but we heard that with X2 as well).  Hugh Jackman is on board, and it sounds as if Famke Jansen (Phoenix), Ian McKellen (Magneto), Patrick Stewart (Prof X), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler) are on board as well.  Still up on the air with the rest of the cast, so we'll have to see.

Superman Returns - June 30, 2006
Not sure if that title is confirmed or not, but that is what I've seen it being called at this point.  I'm really looking forward to this one as well, as Supes is my favorite non-Marvel superhero, and probably 2nd only to Spidey in my book.  We'll have to see how the new Kent/Supes (Brandon Routh) works out, but from what I've read they are impressed with him.  I'm willing to give him a chance.  Kevin Spacey is a perfect choice for Lex Luthor, and Kate Bosworth could work as Lois Lane as well.  I hope it all comes together and really brings the Man of Steel back to the big screen in a great way.  Plus, it is scheduled to open on my birthday, the same as Spidey 2, that has to mean something, right? :P

Spider-Man 3 - May 4, 2007
With the news breaking of Thomas Haden Church being cast as the new "nemisis", the buzz is going again for Spidey 3.  We probably won't hear of the character he is playing for awhile yet, especially considering filming isn't even supposed to start until early 2006, but it is fun to speculate I guess.  From what I have heard, principal cast is returning (Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Rosemary Harris).  Many rumors flying for potential villains (as in the Spidey 3 thread here), including Black Cat, Venom, Sandman, Lizard, Goblin 2, Hobgoblin, and even Electro.  I hope the franchise continues its strong showings, I always enjoy me some Spidey on the big screen.  Big fan, so I know I'll check this one out, probably several times :).

Others...
Wonder Woman
Ghost Rider
Punisher 2
Hulk 2
The Flash

I know there are others that I'm forgetting, so feel free to add any others (with comments) if you'd like.  Lots of comic movies on the way, hopefully they will all be great and do justice to the characters they include.  With the Star Wars movies coming to a close, we need something else to occupy our movie-going time and speculation :).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:40 PM by mosnab »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Others...
Wonder Woman

My wife was super-pumped about the news the other day about Joss "Buffy" Whedon taking over writing/directing on the WB new WW movie.

She was a Buffy/Angel fan and she is a HUGE fan of Firefly/Serenity (keeps raving about the upcoming movie).  I think he'll do pretty good if he can transfer his ability to create strong, non-sexist female characters to WW.  I can only hope that it will turn out better than Catwoman did...  ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender