Author Topic: Series 10 Minifigures  (Read 11609 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Series 10 Minifigures
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 04:22 PM »
I just awnted 3 randoms for me and the boys...  Just a fun thing.  I'd come feel them up another time I had more time/energy/inclination to bother. 

If I get a gold guy, great, but I'm not caring ya know?  I'm not wealthy by any means but I've got a lot more to do than look for those too...  That's goofy.  I just want the guys from the series I want, like the Roman and stuff.  Love the Romans.  A Roman line would be awesome unto itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 05:49 PM »
Fun story...

First, saw the newest Lego Mini figures out at a local Wal-Mart...  Hadn't seen any news of this yet so great right?  I love walking in and finding new ****.

Now the fun begins...  obese dude is feeling up the sacks with his woman and a child.  Alright, so I him haw around the toy aisle figuring he'll grab a few and leave...  times wearing on, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

So my gf says f it, let's go do our shopping and we'll come back later...

shop shop shop, shop shop shop, shop shop shop....

Come back, literally at least an hour later, and there he STILL is.  OK, this sucks, but I forgot to grab a Frappe at the other end of the store so we'll go back and get that at McD's and come BACK to see if he's finally done...

He's STILL there and she looks thoroughly pissed, and there's the kid holding ONE mini-figure and the fat guy with a stash of a ton of them it seemed...  My gf wanted me to barge in but I figured if this guy's seriously going to spend THAT long there, I can't be bothered.  These'll show up at Target and 5 Below soon enough...  I'll wait.

Irony was I was only going to grab a handful for me and the boys and get what we get...  I like to do that at first before I feel 'em up for the ones I want out of the wave.  Either this guy sucks at figuring out what he wants, or he had to be finding specific ones in bulk because he really had a ton.

I'm guilty of feeling for the gold guy, but I have only done it when I have seen full displays and only last for about 20 packages before getting bored. I couldn't imagine going thru EVERY SINGLE MINIFIGURE at EVERY SINGLE STORE on the off chance of finding the Mr. Gold, especially with those sidecap displays appearing to hold around 100 or so minis. With all that said, I would NEVER hog the display or all of the minis if other people were trying to look. That is just rude and obnoxious.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 11:46 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong Greg, I'm a sack feeler too...  But like you, I bore around 20 and leave.  Even if what I want I haven't found...  i'll give it a whirl another day, or at another store.  It never matters to me enough to stand there for over an hour like this guy did.

Mr. Gold be damned too...  I'm gonna nab a few randoms when I'm there this weekend to make myself happy and get the kids each a random.  It's fun, sometimes we luck out, and sometimes it's the Price is Right fail music, but it's just fun.

From there I'll figure what I want, which piece is best to find first for the ones I want, and go to it...  I think this wave had a lot I want, so I'm excited but also miffed knowing I'll be sack feeling a bit.  I usually only pick up 5 at a time and 2 or 3 the kids each want then when I do go feeling around for what I want.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2013, 11:45 AM »
I think I would be more upset about Mr. Gold if he was one of the 16 figures.  Since he's not, once I finished with the 16 regular figures for my collection, I moved on, and haven't even thought about him since.  Even so, I think Lego doing "chase figures" is setting a bad precedent, since Lego's always been about inclusion and fun, and less about collectibility (even though I know they're called "Collectible Minifigures").

The best part about being an identified "feeler" is that people have come up to me in stores before to ask if I can find them a particular figure for their kids.  Heck, a few weeks ago, these two women in TRU were shopping for birthday gifts and one of the employees asked me if I could help them find a couple.  Finally, one of my relatively useless skills pays off!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 3, 2013, 09:58 PM »
I've been asked to find a figure for people too...  even a cute girl once, which shocked the **** out of me.  Finally creepiness pays off.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: June 5, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong Greg, I'm a sack feeler too...

Too bad we closed the out of context thread. Jesse sure does like giving those sacks a good long groping. ;)

Series 10 is just ok to me. CITY themed mini figures aren't really that exciting to me generally. I like them but I much prefer the historic, fantasy, or sci-fi themed minifigures. I usually feel like I'm a pretty good sack feeler myself... bit I picked up a couple today and ended up coming home with 3 figures I already had, which is always disappointing.
"This is the way."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 11:53 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Got sad clown, sea dog, Amazonian, and Roman Officer...  Pretty well calling it a day on latest minis I think.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 05:43 AM »
I FINALLY found Series 10 last week (seems either I keep missing the one box my stores usually put out or they have just said screw it)... got Baseball Player, Sad Clown, Paintballer x2, Medusa x2, Ship Captain and Amazonian.

Still looking for Bee Girl and George Washington if anyone wants to trade.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 01:20 PM »
These have sold out here, twice, at 5 Below...  I think people are really gambling on getting that gold guy.  Last series didn't blow out the door like this.