Author Topic: LEGO  (Read 74763 times)

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2013, 01:09 AM »
The last place I saw Hagrids Hut was at Barnes and Noble. They're gone from my local stores though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2013, 01:29 AM »
Good thought.  I'll check my B&N, I know they had some stuff but I haven't been in there in a couple of weeks. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2013, 10:12 PM »
Also, you can check here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-lego-harry-potter-hagrids-hut-4738/19948320?ean=673419139403

and click the pick up in store link to see if there are any around you.

also $5 off $19.95 plus if you use Mastercard

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/print_nav.asp?PID=46026
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:14 PM by ZevZev »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40 PM »
I stopped in B&N tonight and all they had were three of the Forbidden Forrest sets.  But, I checked Vestal and Elmira, they both list Hagrid's Hut in stock.  I'm probably going to be in Elmira over MLK weekend as long as the weather isn't bad.  If it's still around I could pick it up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Brian, check your PMs, LMK if you're still looking for that Hagrid's Hut set.  Found one at B&N this weekend.

Also picked up a couple more bagged minifigs from Series 7, and finally pulled Little Red, which I'd been looking for.  Also picked up a Dino set to burn off some Rewards Points I had.

Found the Series 1 Star Wars Planet sets for $2.98 at Target and picked up a couple for my buddy and also grabbed a couple Police bagged sets from the checkout lane.

Add to that a 4425 Car and Caravan set that I found at my Target last week.  Think it was $9-something on clearance.

E...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:20 AM by efranks »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: February 4, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Oh joy, oh joy!

Tweeted a little bit ago that I found the  Series 9 Lego Mini-figures at my local K-Mart tonight. $2.99...  I picked 4 fairly random. 

Oh, you want to follow me on twitter!?  Well you can by following me @Jesse_James77 or https://twitter.com/Jesse_James77 where I appreciate getting more followers if I can because I'm a whore like that.

I got:

-Movie Starlet (I thought it was elf woman warrior, and I think having at least 3 in this series with the blocky dress bottom is going to be tough)

-Chicken Suit Guy

-Plumber (the plunger is actually rubber and creates suction.  hah  Couldn't be more real if he had ass crack)

-Alien warrior guy

Not any I was dying to get like Cyclops, Elf Woman, cop, knight, or judge, but still good figures.  I will have to try again when I have time to feel up the packaging.  :-X  The trophy the starlet has is awesome by the way.  Just too cute.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2013, 08:28 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 6, 2013, 04:37 AM »
I snagged 5 Series 9 blind bags when I hit the LEGO Store last week... I just randomly grabbed some since I was carrying a lot (had an expiring coupon I wanted to use on some of the Star Wars and Hero sets) and the guy actually asked if I wanted him to feel them up for me. I said I didn't care since they were the first of the series I was buying and that I always feel weird feeling bags in the stores. He said I was the only one, as they get a high number of "feelers" every day. :P

Anyway, ended up with x2 Waiters, x2 Cyclops and a Knight... all cool figures. I was pumped for the Cyclope because I wanted a few of them, and I want even more now since they have dual printed heads. One side is a large open eye that takes up the entire "helmet" while the other is an angry looking eye. Good stuff, and they look like they match PERFECTLY with the new Gammorreans so I'm going to populate them inside the Jabba's Palace set once I get around to building it.

I wouldn't mind a few more Knights either to go up against the five or so evil Black Knights I've wound up with during clearances. And of course I gotta get the Chicken Suit guy to go with the other costumed weirdos.

I've also got another Series 9 coming in the mail, as I ordered that Minecraft set from LEGO's site last week, and added the fig to get a free City set... honestly not really sure why I got the Minecraft set since I've never played the game. Probably hit with the "EXCLUSIVE GOTTA GRAB IT" mentality :-\
« Last Edit: February 6, 2013, 04:39 AM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: February 6, 2013, 08:07 PM »
I went back to K-Mart for more tonight, got the she-elf, knock-off Iron Man guy, and Cyclops.  Still need several but got some I really wanted tonight by doing some sack fondling in the toy aisle.

Cyclops is easy to find because his horn will poke through the bag actually.

Jekyl/Hyde might be a bit of a bear.

She-elf is easy to find once you find a block for her dress you just feel for the shield or bow.

There are 3 women with the block bottom so beware that.

Cheap 3.75" Hobbit figs and new Lego dudes = fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: February 7, 2013, 12:36 PM »
LEGO pre-Toy Fair press releases are starting to hit.

The Lone Ranger:
NEW YORK, American International Toy Fair (February 7, 2013) – The LEGO Group today announced an upcoming collection of LEGO® construction toys inspired by the Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films' feature film The Lone Ranger, which debuts in theaters July 3, 2013.  Scheduled to launch this April, six new building sets will bring the action and stories of the film to life in LEGO form, and will include iconic characters such as John Reid (aka The Lone Ranger), Tonto and the horse, Silver.

"We are thrilled to once again collaborate with Disney Consumer Products to create construction toys based on a live action film," said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing & entertainment at The LEGO Group.  "We have not offered a LEGO western theme in over 10 years, and The Lone Ranger provided the quintessential inspiration with familiar characters, stories and scenes, allowing us to develop authentic and exciting models for children and adult collectors alike."

The Lone Ranger, from producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, is a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

The Lone Ranger also stars Tom Wilkinson, William Fichtner, Barry Pepper, James Badge Dale, Ruth Wilson and Helena Bonham Carter.

A Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films presentation, The Lone Ranger is directed by Gore Verbinski and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Gore Verbinski, with screen story by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and Justin Haythe and screenplay by Justin Haythe and Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio.

The Lone Ranger line of LEGO products will be available in toy stores nationwide and will range in price from $12.99 to $99.99 (USD) in April 2013.

The general LEGO presser:
LEGO Systems Unveils 250 New Building Sets at American International Toy Fair

-Builders of all ages will be inspired by endless LEGO possibilities, from new preschool play options to classic themes and new licenses to the introduction of the most advanced LEGO® robotics product ever-

NEW YORK, American International Toy Fair (February 7, 2013) – LEGO Systems, Inc., makers of the world's leading construction toys, will unveil its largest collection of build and play toys ever–250 new products–at the American International Toy Fair in New York City. With new products launching throughout the year, children of all ages and interests will find a LEGO® building set or theme to spark their building creativity, inspire storytelling and role play or keep them engaged in imaginative play for hours. New items are on display in Booth #1351 in Hall 3B of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from February 10-13.

"We know that both children and parents love the interactive fun and play value that LEGO play offers, and our new collection of versatile and innovative products delivers countless hours of building possibilities to fans of all ages," said Søren Torp Laursen, president, LEGO Systems. "With new kits focused on open-ended creative building, new themes and exciting licenses that appeal to boys and girls, the continuation of some of the most successful LEGO lines, new preschool building sets, family board games, buildable action figures, and the next generation of our robotics platform, we have a LEGO offering for every age, any interest, current trend, shopping occasion and play need, and across the board, we're raising the bar for children's expectations of toys." 

Preschool Building (Ages 1½+)
LEGO DUPLO® introduces youngsters to construction play by inspiring them to be creative and tell stories as they build. New sets cater to even younger children, such as a Toddler Build and Play Cubes ($12.99) and Toddler Build and Pull Along ($14.99) which both offer larger, colorful cubes and elements that are easier for smaller hands. Two additions to the Read and Build ($12.99 each) series blend early reading with construction play. A collection of "My First" DUPLO sets – My First Garden ($12.99), My First Construction Set ($19.99), My First Circus ($34.99) and My First Train Set ($44.99) – combine creative building and imaginative role play. New licenses include LEGO DUPLO brand Jake and the Neverland PiratesTM and LEGO DUPLO brand Disney® Planes™that bring beloved characters and stories from top preschool properties ($14.99 - $39.99).

Classic LEGO Building (Ages 4+)
Open-ended LEGO Bricks & More sets ($9.99-$24.99) provide endless building opportunities and offer a variety of LEGO bricks and elements to set imaginations in motion. New Pink Suitcase and Blue Suitcase ($24.99 each) offer a fun and practical storage option and enable on-the-go building fun. LEGO CREATOR™ kits ($6.99 - $69.99) offer three models in one box in themes such as vehicles, creatures, and buildings, enabling children to build, play, and then rebuild their creations. Experienced builders enjoy the challenge of LEGO Technic® sets, such as the Race Car ($19.99) and Excavator ($79.99), featuring detailed functionality that mimics their real world counterparts, and two building instructions so that children can create multiple models with one kit.

Robotics (Ages 10+)
LEGO MINDSTORMS pioneered a new way to build and play with LEGO bricks when it was first introduced in 1998. To commemorate the 15th anniversary, the world's original smart toy gets an upgrade in LEGOMINDSTORMS EV3 ($349.99), the most exciting and innovative LEGO robotics set ever. With the new platform, children can build, program and play with a starter robot in less than 20 minutes and can ease into the process with on-brick programming. Advanced users get tech upgrades, like a Linux operating system, that make sophisticated robot building and programming child's play. PC and Mac compatibility, plus integration with iOS and Android phones, MP3 players and tablets, take robot command and control to a whole new level.

LEGO Themes (Ages 5+)
One of the most popular themes of all time, LEGO CITY allows young builders to build and role play with the everyday heroes they know and love.  Along with three new sets in the Transportation theme ($19.99 each), there is a Starter Set ($29.99) featuring a fire truck, ambulance, police motorcycle and corresponding minifigures. Fire and Police themesare both back with new models ($6.99-$99.99) and in August, builders can build and explore adventure with sets from the Cargo Airport ($19.99-$99.99) and Coast Guard ($6.99-$79.99).

Following one of the most successful launches in the company's global history, LEGO Friends furthers the story of five girls who live, work and play in Heartlake City. A new Collectible Animals series ($4.99 each) provides a trial building opportunity to construct a small habitat for each pet.  A series of sets such as Stephanie's Soccer Practice ($9.99) and Emma's Karate Class ($9.99) let builders create and explore extracurricular activities and hobbies. Launching in time for back to school, children can build Heartlake High ($49.99), featuring classroom, art and music room, cafeteria and lockers. The Dolphin Cruiser ($69.99) yacht opens to reveal a luxury home inside and includes recreational sports equipment. 

LEGO Legends of CHIMA™ is a new original property that combines the fun of building with role play, social competitive play and digital and video game play. Builders compete via heroic animal characters, such as a lion, gorilla or crocodile, to obtain the power of CHI. The collection includes new Speedorz™ challenges, featuring a flywheel vehicle, ripcord launcher and buildable obstacles and stunts, in sets such as the CHI Waterfall ($14.99) and Ice Tower ($14.99) for action-packed competitive play. There are also classic building sets like Cragger's Command Ship ($69.99) and The Lion CHI Temple ($119.99), six Buildable Action Figures ($14.99 each) and a new LEGO Legends of CHIMAboard game ($19.99) which together create the entire fantasy play world of CHIMA. Digital games and an original television series will launch later in the year.

LEGO Galaxy Squad, a new space fantasy theme, allows builders 8 and up to role play as the hero team saves the galaxy from a swarm of alien insects. Each of the 10 models in the collection ($11.99-99.99) offers a split feature function, turning every large model into two separate vehicles with ease. The 25th anniversary of LEGO Castle is marked by five new sets, including Gold Getaway ($19.99) and King's Castle ($99.99), to build a classic kingdom of knights in shining armor, dragons and treasure for builders ages 5 and up. LEGO NINJAGO™, one of the most popular LEGO properties ever introduced centered on the story of four young Ninjas mastering the art of Spinjitzu, enters its third year with six new sets ($9.99-$69.99) that introduce the Gold Ninja. Fans of all ages will want to collect 48 never-before-seen LEGO Minifigures ($2.99 each) via three new series releasing throughout the year. 

Licensed Building Fun (Ages 2+)
Action-packed adventures come to life in brick form with LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™. Young fans can build Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael in a series of six sets ($12.99-$59.99) and recreate action-packed scenes from the hit Nickelodeon CG-animated television series.

Launching in April, five LEGO The Lone Ranger™building sets inspired by the scenes and characters from the Walt Disney Pictures film premiering this July feature the masked hero, his horse, Silver, and companion, Tonto, in sets such as Stagecoach Escape ($29.99) and Constitution Train Chase ($99.99), for hours of building and role play fun.

LEGO DC UNIVERSE Super Heroes recreates famous comic heroes and villains. Available now, a collection of new BATMAN™ sets includes The Bat vs. Bane™ Tumbler Chase ($39.99). Three sets tied to the summer feature film, Man of Steel, will launch in May.

Two LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes sets are now available that feature Spider-Man™, including the Daily Bugle Showdown ($49.99).  Three Iron Man 3 sets will launch in March, inspired by the forthcoming summer feature film. 

Two epic themes first introduced to the LEGO world last year continue with a new collection of building sets based on The Lord of the Rings™and The Hobbit™characters and scenes. Four kits ($12.99-$99.99) based on The Lord of the Rings trilogy will launch in June. Details of building sets tied to The Hobbit: The DESOLATION OF SMAUG™ will be revealed later this year.

Perennially popular LEGO Star Wars™, inspired by the Star Wars film saga and the animated television series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, features new favorites such as the Battle of Hoth™ ($49.99) and Rancor™ Pit ($59.99) available now, and AT-TE™ ($89.99) and Jabba's Sail Barge™ ($119.99) coming in August. 

Buildable Action Figures (Ages 6+)
The LEGO HERO FACTORY is where heroes are designed, equipped and built to accomplish any mission that beams in from across the universe. Children can build articulated action figures ($9.99-$34.99) that coincide with an online game and a free mobile app that, in 2013, tell the story of a devious Brain Attack.

LEGO Games (Ages 6+)
Bringing families together through building and gaming fun,the LEGO Games collection of board games adds a family game, Story Mixer ($29.99), that encourages hours of family fun through silly storytelling inspired by mini LEGO creations. A LEGO Legends of CHIMA game allows children to build and play with the property in a gaming format. Two new licensed games include BATMAN ($29.99) and The Lord of the Rings: The Battle of Helm's Deep ($34.99) allowing fans of all ages to compete as their favorite characters from both iconic properties.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2013, 03:14 AM »
Stopped in KMart this afternoon and found some Series 9 on an end cap display.  It had already been picked over a little bit by the looks of it but I spent a couple minutes going through them.  Pulled two Alien Avenger figures and a Battle Mech.  So, that was a good start.  Only need about 10 more of the alien and a couple more of the Mechs, plus the other figures that I want out of this series.

I probably would have gone through them a little more but it just feels wierd, as an adult, standing in the toy aisle of KMart feeling up bagged figures.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Since I'm a man of little to no shame, as Eric is well aware, I decided to bag fondle in the toy aisle and get the Roman Senator/Cesar and Jekyl/Hyde guy.

Best way to find either is for Hyde I found the glass first...  the hat kept getting hung up on the body parts.  For the Roman, the flat script is all you have to go off of really.  The hair's fairly non-descript and the rest is just his body, so feel for that flat plate script he has.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2013, 09:40 PM »
I randomly had Hyde sent to me when I ordered the Minecraft set (threw in a minifig to bump the total price above $35 so I could get the free police chopper). I'm waiting for the "Big 3" to actually put out some series 9 so I can get the Chicken Man!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2013, 12:23 AM »
I keep finding him so if you want one LMK.

I just put one out on the shelves tonight actually.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Thanks Jesse, but I'll hold off on that offer, for now at least. The new series has only hit one local store so far, so I'm waiting for them to get a little more widespread so I can feel them up (giggety).

I lucked out and saw a fresh case at TRU the other day during their BOGO and ended up with the Judge, 2 Alien Mechs, the Mermaid, Roller Derby Girl, and a third Cyclops. Most by feel, some by random grab. Just gotta wait for Wal-Mart to pick these up since Targets here haven't carried any Minifigs since Series 5.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2013, 12:18 AM »
I'm gonna maybe go for the Judge but at the moment I'm pretty content on what I have I think with this series.  Need some old ones and dread the thought of what they may cost me. :(