Author Topic: LEGO  (Read 74761 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
LEGO
« on: November 7, 2005, 10:44 AM »
I didn't see a thread about Legos so I apologize if I missed it.  I just had to comment on the new Viking sets I saw in a commercial over the weekend.  They look pretty good and I am happy that Lego has finally used this theme.  I think they fit in well with the Knights Kingdom sets.  I will pick up each set eventually.  They are a Toys R Us exclusive at the moment.  Here is a link
http://www.lego.com/eng/vikings/productPage.aspx?family=&productNumber=7015

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:54 AM by Scott »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Re: Legos
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2005, 11:13 AM »
I used to buy Legos when I was younger, but due to the price and the other toy lines out there, I have  not bought any non-Star Wars ones in a while. I still love to bust out my old ones from time to time and make something though  ;D
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 11:15 PM »
I used to go crazy building fortresses, space shuttles, and starfighters.

I loved legos.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 08:06 PM »
They're not called bloody legos! They're Lego bricks or just Lego. Not legos!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 09:13 AM »
I'm going to bump this up to ask if anyone has been buying the Viking sets?  I hadn't heard anything about them till I stumbled across a huge display in a TRU in Dickson City, PA back in November. 

They just showed up in the newest Shop@Home catalog and I was looking them over and they seem to be nice sets.  Anyone build any?

Also I saw some new $4 sets at Target last night, the Lego X-Pod.  They're pretty cool little sets and affordable. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:17 PM »
I have the three cheapest sets.  They are really well done.  Lego makes some good sets when they want to.  The Longboat and the fortress will also be mine eventually.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I haven't bought much from Lego recently, but the Metal Ages Dragons by Mega Bloks look pretty neat.  I think there are large sized dragons, about 12" tall or so, called Stendahl and Thoron.  They're pretty "realistic" looking for youngsters' building block sets.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 05:03 PM »
*Gets up on soapbox* I'm a LegoManiac. Star Wars figs are my main hobby, but non-SW Lego is second.

I'm going to bump this up to ask if anyone has been buying the Viking sets?

E...

I have the $10 boat set and the $5 Viking Knight vs. Fenris Wolf set. Pretty cool line. I'm also pretty big into Knight's Kingdom 2 and the older castle sets.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 05:04 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 01:18 AM »
Now I can't wait until the new Batman LEGO sets come out.  I just saw the line showcased in the newest Toyfare magazine.  The Batmobile and the villains look awesome.  I don't like the look of the Batman mask though at least from the picture.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:21 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Legos
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Hey does anyone know of a good roughly 80's lego site?  I'm considering picking up a few of the space sets that I had as a kid and want to do a little research before diving in.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Bricklink is your friend.  Everything you can dream of Lego.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Holy **** that's a ton of stuff to look through.  Awesome link, thanks a ton. ;)
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Hey does anyone know of a good roughly 80's lego site?  I'm considering picking up a few of the space sets that I had as a kid and want to do a little research before diving in.

Which sets are you looking into?  I still have all mine from when I was a kid, but it was more late 80's / early 90's.  The first monorail is the oldest space set I still have.  Then it's lots of second generation Blacktron and stuff like that.

Space, Castle, and Pirates... still have all of them up in the closet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 11:30 PM »
I've thought of selling a couple original castle sets (Yellow castle, jousting tournament, soldiers set, etc.) if I could find someone willing to pay whatever its valued at, but Ebay seems very tough to follow with Legos and value.  I've got a ton and honestly should just start unloading what I can.  I'm probably sitting on some kind of goldmine with all this crap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 11:33 PM »
I've thought of selling a couple original castle sets (Yellow castle, jousting tournament, soldiers set, etc.) if I could find someone willing to pay whatever its valued at, but Ebay seems very tough to follow with Legos and value.  I've got a ton and honestly should just start unloading what I can.  I'm probably sitting on some kind of goldmine with all this crap.

If you know which kits you have, let me know.  I could be interested in a few of the old castle, space, or pirate sets that I always wanted but never owned.