Author Topic: LEGO  (Read 74746 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legos
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2011, 01:04 PM »
HOLY CRAP - this is awesome.  My son& daughter would be geeked over these.  Thanks for the opportunity JD!  I am going to go submit my info now!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Great contest, Jesse and Paul.  I mentioned this in the Lego SW forum, but I've really gotten back into Lego stuff lately, and seeing this contest made me literally jump up in my seat with giddiness. :)

Oh, and just to give you guys a heads-up on the Lego VIP stuff: if you order online from shop.lego.com, make sure you register for the VIP program via the site.  You get 1 point for every dollar (doesn't include shipping costs or taxes) you spend, and with every 100 points, you get 5 dollars in credit to use either online or at Lego b&m stores.  Last month there was a promotion where you got double-points, and the points accumulate fast, and don't expire for quite a while (I want to say it's two years or so).  Plus they send you a cool metallic red and white membership card, which is awesome.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Contest is over, and winners will be announced soon!  Thanks to the large number of folks who entered the contest!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 7, 2011, 01:14 AM »
Heads up, TRU is selling minifig packs 5 for $10 tomorrow only (December 7). I'll try and make it and pick some up for the heck of it, too bad my store doesn't have any older waves though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2011, 01:24 AM »
Good deal there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #80 on: December 8, 2011, 01:30 PM »
We got the Lego figures. My kids were very happy. We got the Caveman, Robot, Diver and Robin Hood. Thank you very much for running a contest with cool lego prizes!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: December 8, 2011, 07:07 PM »
That's a cool haul.  The Robot is awesome.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Legos
« Reply #82 on: February 1, 2012, 11:43 PM »
Stopped by the mall on an errand today and went by the LEGO Store, where they had a case of the new Series 6 of minifigs (along with the new 2012 sets from pretty much every line). Snagged 3 random bags, but didn't do any feeling around due to 1) not much details about the characters yet and 2) it's kind of a small store so employees are always eyeing you down.

Ended up with the Roman Swordsman type guy, the Butcher and the Old West Bandit. I'm going to wait until these hit local retailers to snag more, as I only got one of the six or seven I want. :P

Also I might have to snag some of those LOTR sets for the figures... I really need to rewatch the films, as when I first saw them I was young and rather indifferent about them.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2012, 11:44 PM by Diddly »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Re: LOTR Legos
« Reply #83 on: February 7, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Series 6 minifigs on sale at TRU this week, 2 for $5. They had 8 left when I was there, so I snagged them all. :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 08:33 PM »
I picked up 11 over the weekend and part by plan, part by accident, I ended up with some dupes.  I snagged a Roman, Statue of Liberty, Space Girl, Leprechaun and 2x Minotaur.  Ended up with a second Space Girl and Leprechaun and a Skater Girl by accident.  Also snagged 2 extra Minotaur figs, one by accident and one on purpose because I needed a 6th figure to take advantage of the 2 for $5 at TRU.

Anyone looking to do trades here?  Space Girl, Leprechaun, Skater Girl and 2 Minotaur figs are for trade.  I'm looking for the Highland Battler, Genie, Classic Alien and wouldn't mind the Bandit or a Series 5 Detective.  Or I'll always take more S5 Dwarves or another S6 Roman Soldier.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25 AM »
E, I have a duplicate Bandit and Highlander I would be interested in trading for one of the Minotaurs. PM me if interested and we can work something out

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Liking the LOTR stuff they'll be making.  I am hoping for a Lego LOTR video game similar to Star Wars and IJ.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2012, 02:40 AM »
I've declared myself master of figuring out what's in these blind packs.  I had the kids out recently, and I tore through almost the entire display quickly and found all the figures we wanted and didn't get a single one wrong. 

I didn't buy EVERYTHING I wanted for myself yet.  Still probably gonna nab a Leprechaun at some point, maybe the robot, but got all the rest I wanted.  If I'm bored I may nab more Highlanders too at some point.  Greatest figure in the wave to me.

If anyone's really having a difficult time finding a particular one they want, I can probably help out though it may not be worth it with the shipping. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: March 1, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Newest minifigs are at Five Below now. :)  Good news!  They always get a lot in and they're everywhere here to boot.