Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: LEGO
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2012, 06:51 PM »
I agree, I loved that old western series they did.  I'd love to see it even delve a little into civil war ala how Playmobil did things.  I'd probably get sucked into that, actually.

Military stuff seems off Lego's table though unless it's fantasy. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2012, 01:56 PM »
I wanted the Robot and Pirate Captain but never found them...and that was about it.  Wasn't interested in any of the others.  My Target just put out a small display of Series 7 and I pulled an Aztec and another Galaxy Patrol figure, though.

I have a spare Pirate Captain, would you be interested in trading for the Galaxy Patrol?

I guess I read over this earlier.  Thanks for the offer but I'm hanging on to the GP figures to go with my classic Space sets.

Noticed last night that Target sold through all the Series 7 minifigs they put out, they went fast.  But they put some S8 in the bin, added some of the bagged Batmobile sets from the holiday section and filled it back up.

I also saw that Target has bagged TIE Fighter sets in the checkout aisles.  I think it's still set 8028 which has been out a few times.  It is in the Movie Heroes style Maul packaging, which is how WM sold it back around Easter time.

Adam over at Galactic Hunter posted to Twitter a few days ago that he spotted some bagged sets at WM.  He mentioned an MTT and something else.  I figured they probably had another shelf bin with sets like the did in March when they had the TIE, Republic Attack cruiser, SD and STAP.  I haven't seen them locally, anyone else finding them?

My Walmart's stock of Star Wars Lego got decimated sometime in the last 2 or 3 days.  Nearly all of the sets across all price ranges were cleaned out.  Just a handful of the most expenisve sets, like Jabba's palace and the Malevolence, and the cheaper sets that they had a lot of stock of, like the Planet sets, left.  A few here and there of the other sizes but Battle Packs, the red TOR fighter, Jedi Starfighters...gone.

City got pretty wiped out at Target this week too, with the BOGOHO sale.  Still a lot left but if history is any indication, two weeks from today they should have bare shelves as well.  Target almost completely sells out of Lego this time of year, every year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2012, 04:57 PM »
LEGO Cuusoo rules.  I could never imagine Hasbro or Mattel doing something like that.  Very cool.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2012, 05:25 PM »
I'm not a big BttF fan but I like that whole idea.  And yeah, Hasbro would balk at the idea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2012, 10:03 PM »
Blind Pack from the last series are half off at Target too, just FYI.

New castle sets will, IMO, accompany LOTR/Hobbit stuff very, very well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:04 PM by Jesse James »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Heard there were some good finds at Walmart and Target on Lego over the last couple of days.  Of course, we were snowed in yesterday so I didn't get out, and Target had already been picked clean, but I stopped at Walmart on the way to work this morning.

I scanned the Jabba's Palace and Millennium Falcon sets, which have been found on markdown, but they were scanning at normal price.  I also checked the Avenger Quinjet set and it wasn't marked down either.

But, I found the Triceratops Trapper and Space Center sets for 50% off and bought them. 

The price scanner at my WM is not that close so I got tired of making trips, but I think I'm going back over after work because some stores have had the Malevolence and Republic Frigate marked down also and I want to check them.  Also sounds as if some LOTR and quite a few of the City sets are marked down so I'm going to check them also.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2012, 03:08 AM »
As I posed over in the Middle Earth section, I hit up another Walmart Sat afternoon, mostly looking for more sale items.  Found and bought the Shelob and Moria set.  They had the Dino Defense for half off and some misc City sets on discount but I don't think they were all 50%. 

All of the SW sets that have seen markdowns were sold out.

E...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 3, 2013, 11:38 AM »
Series 8 blind bags were being clearanced for $1 each at a local Walmart so I went a little crazy snagging 25 randomly. Ended up with:

4x Cheerleader
4x Cowgirl
3x Batboy
3x Santa
3x Conquistador
2x Pirate
1x British Suit Guy
1x Fairy
1x DJ
1x Scuba Diver
1x Evil Robot
1x German Pretzel Guy

Glad to finally get a Santa but no Alien or Hamlet is kind of a bummer. (I already have one of each but wouldn't mind more). If anyone needs some Cheerleaders, Conquistadors, Batboys or Cowgirls, hit me up!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 9, 2013, 12:01 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone happen to still have the Harry Potter LEGO sets available in their area stores?  Ours are all dried up, and we always wanted to pick up our daughter the "Hagrid's Hut" set that comes with Hagrid, Harry, Ron, and Hermoine.  I see it is still available on Amazon (for a higher price), but I thought I'd just mention it here in case anyone might have seen it in their area.  No biggie either way, and sorry to clutter up the "normal" LEGO thread with HP stuff :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: January 9, 2013, 02:11 PM »
I see some sets, but no clue which ones they are.  I don't dig HP.  I see them here and there though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 9, 2013, 02:16 PM »
I've seen the double decker bus here and there but most other HP sets have been gone for some time in my neighborhood.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 9, 2013, 06:15 PM »
I don't think I've seen Hagrid's Hut in a while.  It was a really popular set and sold out at most stores around here pretty quickly and wasn't stocked again.  Stores like Target carried the Castle, Bust and two small battle pack sets longer.  WM had it longer but not much.

I'm trying to recall if I saw any Potter sets last weekend when I was out but I think the only set I saw was a Quidditch set somewhere...maybe KMart.

If you have any out of the way Walmart or KMart stores it may be worth a drive to check them out.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 9, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Thanks guys, that was kind of what I was thinking.  I saw one at our local TRU sometime shortly after Thanksgiving, but passed on it since we had gotten plenty of other presents for our daughter for Christmas by that point anyways.  I checked again in mid-Dec and it was of course gone from all our local stores, and then I sort of forgot about it until now.  Not a big deal, just thought I would ask around.  Thanks for the help!