Author Topic: Teams you love to root against  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Teams you love to root against
« on: April 16, 2003, 02:30 PM »
Alright, we've had your favorite sports team thread and lots of team bashing in the NBA and Stanley Cup playoffs thread, so we might as well bash every other sport as well  ;)

Teams I absolutely, positively loathe:
-NY Yankees
-NY Jets
-NJ Devils
-NY Mets
-NY Rangers
(notice a trend here?)
-NY Giants
-NY Islanders
-Pittsburgh Steelers
-Oakland Raiders
-Miami Dolphins
-Dallas Cowboys
-Washington Redskins

You'll notice most of the NFC and AFC East teams, which stems from the fact that the Pats and Eagles are my fav teams.  And New York teams has always been the biggest rivals with Boston and Philly teams.  The Devils are included here because even though they play in the cess pool that is North Jersey, they're close enough to NY to get a nod.

Teams I don't necessarily loathe, but enjoy seeing when they lose:
-Detroit Red Wings
-Buffalo Bills
-LA Lakers (not that I really care about the NBA, but I don't like them none the less)

So how about it.  What teams do you love to hate?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Teams you love to root against
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 02:33 PM »
Boy, I've definitely got quite a few, but I'll quickly state the obvious (being an diehard L.A. fan):

Celtics and Yankees - our 2 most bitter rivals over the years...  HATE 'em!

USC has to be on this list now too.  Grew up rooting for them and UCLA as a kid, but through several affiliations with UCLA on a personal level later on in life, I've learned to HATE USC with a passion.  It's a pure, evil, and hateful rivalry where you've got to pick sides.  Kinda like Star Wars vs. Star Trek!  (*cough*Chris*)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 03:07 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 02:48 PM »
Rubs Hands...All of Matt's teams :-*

In order:

NFL
Green Bay Fudge Packers
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Tampa Bay Bucs
Dallas Cowboys
Washington Reskins
New York Giants

For some reason I hate those 3 NFC East teams but like the Eagles.  I hate the way the national press kisses their butts all the time.  Same goes for the Pack but there is a deeper hate there and are at the top of my list of all teams

NBA
LA Lakers
New York Knicks

And that is pretty much it, I enjoy almost all of the other teams for some reason.  My LA bashing is well known, but the Knicks probably has to do with NBC airing a game a week for the past 20 years even though they have sucked forever.  I hate the way they play, their arena, their fans everything about them.  The Wolves have no real regoinal rivalries since they play in the Midwest instead of the Central which is too bad because a Bulls and Bucks rivalry would go a long way in town here.

MLB
Atlanta Braves

I actually have been a Yankees fan forever and I can't hate them even though I hate what they have done to the economics of the game.  Right behind them though is the Braves who I can't stand.  Ever since the Twins beat them in the '91 series they have bugged me.  The fact they have their own cable network also pisses me off for some unexplained reason

NHL
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Toronto Maple Leafs
Saint Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks

This is some old Norris Division hatred here and the fact that Dallas stole our team to begin with.  Again the Wild kind of got shafted when it comes to geographical rivals.   Plus they are too new to have developed any permanent hatred yet.  Everytime the Stars come to town though watch out!  BTW, note to the NHL, bring back the Norris, Adams, Smythe and Patrick names

Misc
Dave Eckstien

I hate this guy with a passion, the playoffs last year cemented it...he sucks.  Hopefully he hits puberty before he gets out of Junior High

Kurt Warner's Butch Wife

I love Kurt, think he is an awesome QB, I hate the fact that FOX kept showing her in the stands every ******* game they played for two years (see also Jamal Anderson's Mom)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 03:07 PM »
Scott, butch is too kind.  I would have used a more unpleasant term, which I wouldn't dare to utter here.  I'll let your mind make up the rest.

And I forgot my most hated Nascar drivers (which I know doesn't have a huge fan base here)

-Jeff Gordon.  I despise him so much that even for my love for all thing Star Wars, I refuse to purchase the Phantom Menace Pepsi replica car because this tool drove it.

-Little E (Earnhardt, Jr).  Wasn't a big fan of his pappy and it seemed to rub off on him.  I know he's the cash cow of Nascar, but I just don't like him.  I'm also not a fan of his teammate Michael Waltrip, but he sucks so the hatred is less.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 03:09 PM »
Misc
David Eckstien

I hate this guy with a passion, the playoffs last year cemented it...he sucks.  Hopefully he hits puberty before he gets out of Junior High

C'mon, Eck?  Geez...  ::)  You're nothing but a big, mean, heartless bully Scott.   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 03:14 PM »
I just saw he was hitting a buck 84, nice sparkplug there.

I forgot the Rally Monkey, Mrs. Autry and Eisner from the Playoffs last year.  Why does FOX think we really care about these people?  Idiots :-*

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Teams I love to root against

NFL

Vikequeens
    Cowboys
    Bears

MLB

Braves
     Rangers

MBA

Bulls
    Knicks

Nascar

Tony Stewart
    Kurt Bush
    Sterling Marlin

I don't follow the other sports close enough to judge.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 04:34 PM »
I find it interesting that a vast majority of the teams listed here are all ones that have a history of being successful.

Doesn't anyone hate the LA Clippers, the Detroit Tigers or the Cincy Bengals? Come on, certainly someone loves to root against one of those teams.   ;)

I will mention 1 team I like to root against. The Vikings. Not as much lately as I did back in the day when "Fat Dumb" was coach though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 04:40 PM »
Doesn't anyone hate the LA Clippers... certainly someone loves to root against one of those teams.   ;)

Scott does:
Rubs Hands...All of Matt's teams  :-*

The Clips are "sorta" one of my teams (which Scott therefore despises), since they're local and I root for them.  But they pretty much suck.  I'm not a total diehard for them like most of my other teams, but am ready to jump on the band wagon if/when they ever get their crap together.

So there ya' go - through the Transitive Property of Sports Team Hating, Scott hates the Clippers.  Only a mean bully of a guy would HATE a team that's already as horrible as they are...   :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 04:42 PM »
Yep, I hate 'em based on the TPOSTH, notice I also listed the Bears and Lions in my list :-*

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 04:50 PM »
NFL: Redskins, Bears, Vikings, 49ers, Falcons, Patriots
NBA: Lakers
MLB: None don't care
NHL: Detroit - who beat my local Hurricanes last year >:(
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 04:53 PM »
Ok, I'll give you the Lions as a sucky team, past and present, that someone hates. But the Bears are one of those highly marketable teams (for some reason  ::)) so they don't count if you hate them.  :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 04:53 PM »
Man that's 3 Vikings haters now and Jim even lives here...I now know how Matt feels :'( :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 05:30 PM »
AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS! AUBURN SUCKS!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2003, 06:32 PM »
NFL
Chicago Bears

NHL
Chicago Blackhawks

What do you have against the Chicago teams, huh?     :P