Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)  (Read 36389 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Also it sucks that you have to be sitting at your computer the moment this stuff is available or you have no chance of getting the damn thing.  Sorry it's just annoying as hell to me sometimes. 

Here here! I was kind of shocked to see the exclusive one sell out in a day. Oh well. It'll make it that much easier to not get into the line.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Damn. What did they make, 50 of the Sideshow Exclusive versions? How long was it available for? 3 hours? Gimme a break.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 08:06 PM »
There were 1250 exclusive ones. Welcome to the world of Sideshow.
I remember my dream now.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Ouch. That was fast. Not really fair to those who collect but can't access a computer during the course of the day, is it?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Ouch. That was fast. Not really fair to those who collect but can't access a computer during the course of the day, is it?

Yeah, exactly.  What was I supposed to do.  Take the day off and sit here?  LOL!  Heck I did not even know they were going to have an exclusive version.  Granted that's kind of my fault for not reading more closely....I guess?  Even so didn't they only give about a 2 days notice that it was even up for order on Friday? 

Again I am not in the best mood tonight.  I know it's only a gun that would be missing but for crying out loud why even make it an "exclusive" without a gun? What's the point?  I don't get it.   I am sorry but for some reason that really bugs the hell out of me. 

Again the figure looks fantastic and worth every cent of the $50.  But I just shake my head at that. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2005, 09:30 PM »
What was I supposed to do.  Take the day off and sit here?

I guess we were... or at the very least I'm guessing that some people did. I want it, but now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Put my name on the list for the exclusive verison (which you now have to give your credit card info for?) and then order the regular version, and then probably get stuck with two? Or just put my name on the want list for the exclusive version, and not order the regular version, watch the regular version sell out and then not get an exclusive one, and get ****** double? And then get ****** a third time by having to go to ebay and get one? Man what a joke. Are you sure Gentle Giant doesn't have a hand in this? It sure sounds like their M.O.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2005, 11:07 PM »
I got the exclusive one. Had my girlfriend order it from work for me  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2005, 11:28 PM »
I could live without a stupid gun. Either they need to make more of the exclusive versions or just drop the idea altogether. The last thing the world needs is more pissed-off Star Wars fans, and this is the perfect thing to piss 'em off.

Now if I could find a way to afford each one of these...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005, 07:06 AM »
Is it  just me, or is the exclusive gun waaaayyyy too tiny?  Looks like a pea-shooter.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2005, 08:24 AM »
Well, I don't own any Sideshow items and decided against ordering the exclusive version since I have the Medicom version of  Luke anyways.  I do like it, but I am assuming I might be able to pick up the regular version a bit cheaper somewhere else (not sure where but someone mentioned that in this thread so I gues BBTS might carry it??).   
I'm a little on the fence about his facial expression though.  It looks ok for the scene with the Emperor and Vader but it still is a little "babyish" to me.  I think it's the lips but I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is.  The extra hands are very cool and, if I do buy it, I will display the blaster burn one.
Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the fact that today at around 3:30pm I got an email from Sideshow telling me that I can be one of the first to pre-order the new exclusive version of the 12" Luke. How ******* stupid can these people be? Don't they check out their own website before sending these mass email newsletters out?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2005, 04:48 PM »
I got the same e-mail, late last night.  Pretty piss poor timing, it's like rubbing salt in the wound for those that wanted it.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2005, 11:16 PM »
The same thing happens with SWS.com. I got an e-mail the day after the Covert Ops Trooper went on sale, and were already sold out ::). Luckily I ordered it the day they went up for preorder.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 11:20 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Is everybody really so caught up in ordering this thing that no one wants to talk about the actual figure?  What do you think?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2005, 03:56 PM »
I think the face is off. It seems that Mark Hamill's face has always been difficult to capture, no matter what scale.

I love that he comes with extra hands and multiple accessories. The lightsaber hilt looks amazing.

I'd like to see side by side shots of this and the amazing Japanize one (midi-com?) released a while back to compare quality.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."