Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)  (Read 36395 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2005, 06:34 PM »
I was comparing the pictures of the Sideshow Luke to my Medicom Luke and they are too similar for me to get the Sideshow one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2005, 02:13 PM »
So how many people here are going for the Sideshow line, or at least with this Luke in particular?  Like I mentioned, I've never really been much of a 12" figure collector, mainly because I didn't like much of what Hasbro offered overall.  This first Luke looks pretty great to me.  Although the face is a bit off, I still think it looks pretty good, and as a figure overall is very well done.  Looking at the pics of Jedi Luke is tempting me to get into the 12" line, at least in a limited fashion.  I'd probably just stick to my favorites, and likely with the OT characters for the most part, but it might be neat to have a few of these if they will be this well done.  It also depends how many figures we'd see per year, to see what the budget would allow.  Anyways, is there anyone jumping into this line, or maybe visiting/re-visiting the 12" line for the first time in awhile?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 05:20 PM »
Anyways, is there anyone jumping into this line, or maybe visiting/re-visiting the 12" line for the first time in awhile?

My post got split out of this topic, but I have been upgrading the hasbro 12" figures for a month and a half and I was just about to do a Luke Jedi Knight version.  Luckily, I held off and now Sideshow released their own version.  I will definitely pick this guy up, although I have held off on pre-ordering him so far because I want to see how much he is on other sites and at my local comic shop. 
I did pick up a loose 12" Endor Luke (with hat and poncho) on eBay so I can swap the Endor accessories onto Sideshow's Luke  ;)
Hopefully my other upgrades won't be too obsolete...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005, 11:57 PM »
I think the face is off. It seems that Mark Hamill's face has always been difficult to capture, no matter what scale.

I love that he comes with extra hands and multiple accessories. The lightsaber hilt looks amazing.

I'd like to see side by side shots of this and the amazing Japanize one (midi-com?) released a while back to compare quality.

It looks like a great likeness of Hamill to me, but the expression seems lifeless. The Medicom outfit looks better, but I think the face stinks. I hope SS improves this thing before it goes into production, because I'd like to get it.

Sideshow

Medicom

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2005, 03:17 AM »
AFX has Luke up for preorder at $49.99.  No different than direct from Sideshow.  :-\

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2005, 03:42 AM »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2005, 01:19 PM »
His expression looks like he did when Yoda died :'(

Mark Hamill didn't look consistant throughout the Trilogy either so I'm not all that concerned with how dead-on the likeness is.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2005, 01:31 PM »
I think they need to make his eyes a little darker and close his mouth, and he'd be bang on.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005, 08:03 AM »
Now that i see that comparison pic, i think the Sideshow Luke looks much better than the Medicom one. The Medicom one doesnt look like Hamil to me and i think the hair is all wrong. I actually like the Sideshow one better, glad i got the limited one.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Anyone else preordering this figure?  I got to thinking about it yesterday again, and thought I should maybe go ahead and preorder one just in case, and if I changed my mind I could just cancel it.  When I visited Sideshow's site, it looks like the "regular" version is sold out now...then I headed to BigBadToyStore, which was also presold out.  Looks like this is getting grabbed up quickly.  Where is everyone ordering this from (if you are)?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2005, 03:48 PM »

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Just got an e-mail tonight stating that my waiting list order for the exclusive Jedi Luke was bumped up and will be changed to an official order tomorrow for processing. Anyone else get an e-mail like this? Sounds like these may ship pretty soon here.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Have any of you guys ordered with AFX?  I am waitlisted for Luke (didn't decide I wanted him until I got the Kit Fisto pre-order) so I'm wondering how reliable AFX would be on these things.  Is it just a "chance" at one, or does ordering it pretty much guarantee me one?

Do they take money now, or when it's in?
Got Clones?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2006, 02:35 AM »
Here's Luke in his packaged form (click on the thumbnails):

There's some interesting info in their blog about the production of the packaging as well.

Even more interesting is the fact that the packaging is collector friendly!  No twist ties, but rather a double clamshell for easy removal.  Pretty slick. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:42 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2006, 05:41 AM »
Indeed Jess, the more I look at this the more I want to order...  I wish I had the $$$ to get into this series, much less the space.  These look really nice packaged and loose even to a guy like me that opens damn near everything. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77