Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)  (Read 36396 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 07:43 AM »
I hate the fact I paid so much for the Medicom Luke and had so much trouble with it and this is 1/4 the price and just as nice.  I'm stuck with my Medicom one so I won't be getting this but it sure looks good.  I also love the packaging.  Hasbro's twisty ties were always a nightmare (Collector Series Queen Amidala had more twisty ties than any other item I have ever opened!!).

Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Indeed Jess, the more I look at this the more I want to order...  I wish I had the $$$ to get into this series, much less the space.  These look really nice packaged and loose even to a guy like me that opens damn near everything.

I thought the same thing, this packaging looks really nice.  I'm a collector that opens just about everything I have as well, but something like this would be neat in case you ever wanted to put it back in the packaging (for display, storage, moving or whatever).  Plus, the elaborate packaging with pics and all that is pretty neat too.  I missed out on the order for this Luke, and I'm sort of regretting it at this point.  I kind of like to see a company go all out with a Star Wars line like this.  The figure has all the bells and whistles, is packed with accessories, and now has a real nice (and collector friendly) box to bring it all to you.  Part of me wouldn't mind seeing the basic figure line go somewhat this route eventually (like maybe when the retail side might be drying up), in the aspect where we get nice VOTC-styled figures, with lots and lots of accessories, and a nice, collector friendly package that allows you to have your figure loose, or carded, and a little bit more limited number of figures for the year so that everyone could afford them.  Instead of having 60-70 figures in a year (over half of which are usually rehashes) having a much more manageble number.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #62 on: February 2, 2006, 05:45 PM »
So does anyone have any recommendations on where to get these things?  I'm still waitlisted on Luke, but I want one. I'm looking for a site that you've shopped with before and can vouch for.
Got Clones?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 2, 2006, 08:21 PM »
These are the only two that I could find that still have some of the 12" left.

Bid Bad Toy Store only has Kit Fisto now.

Entertainment Earth has Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto

AFX has all four but it's been a while since I have ordered anything from them - no troubles though
« Last Edit: February 2, 2006, 08:24 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 3, 2006, 06:59 PM »
Yeah, Luke and Anakin seem to be really hard to get.  I really wish I would have ordered Anakin.  Luke, I can make do with the Hasbro attempts I suppose even though SS looks much better.  Sigh.  If only I was made of money :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 8, 2006, 05:56 PM »
There's no way AFX will receive enough Lukes to fill everone's order.

Everyone else on the web has been pre-sold out of the Luke for months!

He's the only I've missed out on...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2006, 12:32 PM »

You and me both.  I'll forever wish I ordered it just because it's the only one that I won't have in the Sideshow collection.  Why I didn't learn from making this mistake with Master Replica, I'll never know  :'( :'(
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2006, 02:20 PM »

Ditto.  But I'm quite sure we'll see another Luke down the road with a better face sculpt than the Jedi one.  I just don't like it, so I don't feel bad not ordering it.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 09:24 AM »
 I did not get it because I have 2 versions of Luke in his Jedi garb from Hasbro.  But boy that SS version looks nice. 

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 1, 2006, 07:06 PM »
Just recieved this email from SSC:

"Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12” Jedi Luke - Sideshow Exclusive (item #21041) from our Star Wars 12" Figure Collection.  We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item and we would like to inform you that the item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20-25 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival.  Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 10-15 days, which will confirm the processing of your order.  If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping information or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE."

Looks like Luke will be shipping within the next month or so.  ;D

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #70 on: March 1, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Yep, got my notice too.. I can't wait to see it in up close!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 1, 2006, 08:59 PM »
That's great news guys.  8)

On the other hand, call me selfish, but I'm hoping this figure doesn't look very good so that I don't feel bad not pre-ordering it.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 1, 2006, 09:00 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2006, 02:08 PM »
12" Sideshow Luke Exclusive

Yikes, $100 for a blaster...

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Well mine was delivered today by Fedex. Absolutely one of the best 12" Star Wars figures I have seen (in person anyway). Love the detail! No regrets about getting into this line ;D.

SilverZ

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2006, 05:03 PM »
God, that went for $162. That sort of secondary market should help reduce the amount of scalpers and speculators preventing fans from getting orders in as the line continues.  ::)