Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive  (Read 110130 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Thanks for the info Pete, I was curious about that.  Have you heard any information that would lead you to believe that Rebelscum's report on this being the beginning to a "new line" is true?  I wish we'd get some sort of confirmation on this while we're contemplating dropping $30 on these empty boxes ;).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Thanks for the info Pete, I was curious about that. Have you heard any information that would lead you to believe that Rebelscum's report on this being the beginning to a "new line" is true? I wish we'd get some sort of confirmation on this while we're contemplating dropping $30 on these empty boxes ;).

Unfortunately no - all he knows is that the empty box has a coupon to send in to get Luke, Leia, R2 and Chewie just like the original EB kit.

We were talking last night about it and hypothesizing about whether or not they will end up being VOTC re-treads or slightly modified VOTC figures or something new altogether. But that was just talk and speculation/wishful thinking.

So yeah - those of us who get these things are definitely taking a gamble on what it is we're going to get for our money - much like parents did back before X-Mas 1977. Ironic huh? Especially for me since my mom got me one of the original EB kits and I played the heck out of those figures!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2005, 11:58 AM »
Oh crap, this is getting both tough and silly.  If it is a re-launch and in the right scale, then I'll want two as well.  One certificate to keep and one to send away. 

Gah, this is annoying.  No details I suppose on when the certificate can be mailed and when you'd get the figures?  Be kind of annoying to mail away now and get nothing until December/January. 

hmm
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Here's a couple of pics from someone who was able to get this early (fromt he RS forums):

front

back

I'm not sure if these are the exact dates we're looking for, but on the top of the package (on the back), it does say "between May 1 2005 and December 31 2005".  If that is true, basically, you'll get them sometime this year :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2005, 12:04 PM »
Thanks Brian. 

Is that a hairy Chewie in there on the back.  Those look like pictures of figures, not people.   :-\

Gah, I guess I need two. :'(

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Is that a hairy Chewie in there on the back.  Those look like pictures of figures, not people.   :-\

It's neither - it's simply artwork - circa 1977.

- Peter
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Gah, I guess I need two. :'(

Whoa, almost thought that was Matt talking for a second.  :-X

I would love to get two for myself, but I think just getting the one is hard enough.  :-\   :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2005, 12:18 PM »

It's neither - it's simply artwork - circa 1977.

- Peter

Oh :-[

I've seen it before, but I guess my paranoia about Hasbro killing the line overloaded my common sense.  Thanks.

Whoa, almost thought that was Matt talking for a second.
You shut up.  Not like you don't want two also ::) :P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2005, 12:20 PM »
So this thing is only going to be available at the 400 tent stores, huh? Why the **** is it not a chain-wide thing?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2005, 12:24 PM »
Whoa, almost thought that was Matt talking for a second.
You shut up.

There it is again.  :P   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Yeah, but that one was intentional :-*

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Who the hell knows?  All of the exclusives have something odd about them this time.  

TRU - Can't have the Holo Yoda until 4/10

Target - Stand in line and get a ticket and you MIGHT be able to get the exclusive

WM - No pics of figs but you pay $30 to mail a certificate in.  You can only get it at the Tent WM stores.  

Diamond - Don't know what it is yet?

LOL!  Weirdest bunch of crap ever.  But I will do my best to get some of them.  

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2005, 12:36 PM »
So this thing is only going to be available at the 400 tent stores, huh? Why the **** is it not a chain-wide thing?

There's a RUMOR floating around that the kit will be available on the website as well - but there are 400 tent stores that will have 100 kits each. That puts the exclusive at a production run of 40,000 - which seems to be in keeping with the rest of the exclusives.
Peter

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Yeah, but that one was intentional :-*

I've heard the rumor too. Will have to wait and see if they are online.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Diamond - Don't know what it is yet?

Yeah - this one has me freaked out a bit 'cause it can only mean ONE thing - lots of $$$$ will be required to purchase what I need. Just like it took me paying for an entire case of the EE SA Clones to get what I needed there.
Peter