Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive  (Read 110140 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive
« Reply #390 on: November 9, 2005, 07:33 AM »
Im in the minority that really likes this set for what it is.  Though the Leia is a statue, I really like the pose.  And as far as the Luke goes, if he had new articulated arms, he would be my favorite version of the Tatooine Lukes. 

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 9, 2005, 10:03 AM »
I like them.  Chewy is different enough to make him a nice addition to a Wookie army.  R2 is from the best scupt so he's good.  Leia is hot a well done scuplt with a nicely done cowel and Luke is a neat addition and very "vintagey".

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Hahaha. Really really really late bird sets at my Wal*Mart!
« Reply #392 on: November 9, 2005, 01:43 PM »
I went into Wal*Mart today in hunt of the Evolutions sets. I was taken aback when instead of new(ish) product, I see the Early Bird sets sitting on the pegs. I started laughing and a couple who was at the Star Wars pallet area gave me strange looks and then walked away.

This amuses me, and makes me believe they've been keeping stuff in the back this whole time.

Any amusing finds this late in the game as such?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #393 on: November 9, 2005, 01:57 PM »
looks like WM is giving more chances on getting these early bird sets. i saw 12 of these today.

I saw them tonight too...

I went into Wal*Mart today in hunt of the Evolutions sets. I was taken aback when instead of new(ish) product, I see the Early Bird sets sitting on the pegs.

Actually, Hasbro has confirmed that they have started shipping the Early Bird sets to Wal-Mart again for the holiday season.  As Jesse said, the sets now come with a little sticker that says the date for redemption has been moved back into 2006 some time.

Also, the sets are no longer limited to 50,000 as the sets they are shipping are from a second manufacturing run...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 9, 2005, 04:47 PM »
You sure about that Jeff?

I can't believe they went through the first 50K..

I have a feeling they sent the 1st wave back to Hasbro so they could refresh them with the new "figure" sticker.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: November 9, 2005, 05:08 PM »
I have a feeling they sent the 1st wave back to Hasbro so they could refresh them with the new "figure" sticker.

The EB Kits from the first batch of 50k were to be sold through "selected" Wal-Mart stores.  Any left-overs that the stores had were rounded up and sent to be sold via Wal-Mart.com (which is why the Hasbro update on the EB kit in September directed folks to Wal-Mart.com).

Recent info I got from Hasbro says that these sets are a new manufacturing run due to the "success" of the first batch.  The new EB Kits (with the stickers) should be appearing at most Wal-Marts (more then just the ones that had them last spring).

I suppose it could be Hasbro feeding collectors a line of hooey, but the info came from a Hasbro source...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Okay, how worried should I be?  It is 12/11 and I still have not received my EB set.  I am gonna be really, really, really ticked off if it never shows up. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2005, 09:47 AM »
I bought mine on April 2nd and finally sent away for the figures on November 30th.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2005, 09:56 AM »
Just a note to remind you folks who never grabbed an EB Kit to check out the brand new JD Give-Away page...

Yep, that's right, just in time for the holidays comes this brand new JD give-away.   :)

JediDefender.com is giving you a chance to win an exclusive Wal-Mart Early Bird Kit!   Best of all, no mailing is required on this one as that’s all been done for you.  Instant figure gratification!

Click on the button above for all the details!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 09:57 AM by Jeff »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2005, 01:26 AM »
Okay, how worried should I be?  It is 12/11 and I still have not received my EB set.  I am gonna be really, really, really ticked off if it never shows up. 

I understand your concern - I'm still waiting for mine too...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2005, 07:28 AM »
I'd be concerned a bit.  I forgot to send in the UPC with my kit and thought I was screwed but still recieved a set months ago.  I heard of others who forgot the UPC as well but have not heard how they made out.  Anybody else in the same boat as me?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2005, 09:48 AM »

I understand your concern - I'm still waiting for mine too...

When did you guys mail-away?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2005, 11:47 AM »

When did you guys mail-away?

It was definitely a while ago, maybe September or October, I probably should have written it down.   :-\

My case is complicated by the fact that I'm up in Canada - I have yet to hear a story of anyone having their set mailed north of the border.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2005, 03:00 PM »
I believe I sent out mine late June or early July.  It looks like it would of been cheaper just holding off and buying a set online :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 14, 2005, 05:15 PM »
I bought my set from a dealer actually... could definitely use a second set though.   ;)

:P