Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive  (Read 110085 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive
« Reply #405 on: December 14, 2005, 06:02 PM »
Just came home from school and found my early bird kit waiting for me.  I think I mailed mine out in October (mid to late).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 14, 2005, 07:46 PM »
I bought the set on 4/2 and sent away for it sometime in June or July I believe. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Despite all that, I'll have wait and see if these actually ship to Canada.  I'll let Dale be the guinea pig and find out if he gets screwed over or not.  :-X

Seems I'm not the only guinea pig up here.  :-X   :-\

Well I'll be a monket's uncle, it worked. I received my Early Bird figure set today. The return address is from the US but the "Postage Paid" is from Canada!  :o

It's inhand Jesse and Brent.  8)

The gamble worked and finally some great news for us Canuckleheads!  ;)   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Well, that's funny!  My sets arrived today too!

Good news for Canuckleheads indeed.   8)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Oh ****, your getting Delusions of Grandure now. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday (in the US.) Pictures often just can't do figures justice, and that's especially the case for Chewie. The head sculpt is great, a much better that the VOTC version. Leia is also a nice looking figure. I could leave the Luke and R2 though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2005, 11:59 AM »
It's kinda funny - most people are pretty tough on the Luke, but he's my favourite figure of the set.  I just love how he's a tribute to the vintage line with his telescoping lightsaber.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with any of them. Of course if all they did was re-release the original sculpts from the 70's and 80's I'd have been happy with that too. I like a good sculpt but I also want it to remind me it's a toy, that way I don't feel like I have these mini statues I feel have to really take care of. I haven't had much of a problem with any of the figures they've put out but the muscle bound figures from POTF2 did seem odd. Not to mention that first leia head sculpt from POTF2.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Local Wally has like 10 of these on the shelves still at $25 or whatever they were.  Being a sucker for the Leia and Chewie I picked up a set a few weeks ago on eBay for $20, I haven't cracked them open yet but the thing still has to rank right up there as the biggest bomb in the Modern Line

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 21, 2006, 02:23 PM »
I haven't cracked them open yet but the thing still has to rank right up there as the biggest bomb in the Modern Line

To be honest, I don't really understand why.  This exclusive was entirely built on nostalgia, which a lot of collectors our age have about the line.  It was the original Early Bird kit that started the SW toy line - without it, we'd never be where we are today.  Granted, I wish every figure was a brand new sculpt, but I still really like the idea behind this promo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Personally, I think it would have done a lot better if they had done two simple changes -

(1) Already have the figures packed in when you buy the package - it stings paying $30.00 for something and not having it yet.  It takes away the impulse buy, which is why I bought one on the secondary market instead.

(2) Luke could have had two removable right arms - like the Dagobah Luke.  One with the telescoping lightsaber, one with a normal arm. 

:P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 21, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Anyone seeing these on clearance? People on RS are saying they're finding them at $5-10. I could use another Chewie.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 14, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I found one of these at my local Wal-Mart, and it has been $19 since January. I really want one of these sets, but not above $10. I just don't think that the figures are worth it.

SilverZ

« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2006, 02:56 AM »
The Walmarts around here finally dropped the price to $10.00 over the weekend, which was low enough for me to bite on another set. I'm still jealous of those that have found them for under $5.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Just a friendly reminder for folks those waiting for a final clearance on these sets...

Remeber that the final deadline for mailing the certificates is March 31, 2006.

So, if you haven't grabbed one yet (or you are a HUGE procrastinator), your window of opportunity is closing quickly - just 2 weeks left!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender