Author Topic: Terminator the Series  (Read 43856 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator the Series
« Reply #225 on: April 4, 2009, 12:06 PM »
Just watched it, it was awesome. Are there rouge Terminators, good & bad? Me thinks so, Weaver might be a good T-1001 & creating a good metal of John Henry. A bad Terminator showing up at Weaver's place for what, her elimination/termination. As for Derek, didn't see that coming. Guess that explains his move to a new series.

Still nothing really confirmed from Fox that the series has been cancelled, could be they are waiting in the wings seeing what the ratings are with these last episodes. Will see next week what happens with the last of the season with "Born to Run".

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 7, 2009, 05:31 PM »
This was a good episode as usual, but I thought the Derek event was too sudden and not dramatic enough.  I did really feel for John, though, seeing as how his girlfriend, father figure, and uncle all got affected by his existence.  You could tell he was holding back the tears.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 8, 2009, 10:39 AM »
My wife and I both agree that Derek's death was just disturbing. You normally see these things coming and this just came out of no where. I personally am rather angry at it. I understand why it needed to happen, especially if they are cancelling the series. I just thought it was good that they burried him in the same cemetary as Reese.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 9, 2009, 08:12 AM »
Just watched it, it was awesome. Are there rouge Terminators, good & bad? Me thinks so, Weaver might be a good T-1001 & creating a good metal of John Henry. A bad Terminator showing up at Weaver's place for what, her elimination/termination. As for Derek, didn't see that coming. Guess that explains his move to a new series.

Still nothing really confirmed from Fox that the series has been cancelled, could be they are waiting in the wings seeing what the ratings are with these last episodes. Will see next week what happens with the last of the season with "Born to Run".

I think it is ridiculous that FOX has stated in the previews for next week that it is the "season" finale and not the "series" finale when they all know they wanted to cancel the show ever since they moved it to Friday nights.  I can't think of any show that FOX has moved to Fridays that actually survived.  I believe they are even playing the last few episodes of Prison Break in that timeslot.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Tonight is the night for the The Sarah Connor Chronicles series season ender "Born to Run".

I have just spoiled my self by reading what is the complete rundown of tonights episode. Nothing to add, just watch it.  ;)

Talk later...  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2009, 01:07 AM »
Just watched it... Jesus H. Christ in a ******* chicken basket!   :o  :o  8)

If this episode doesn't get a high rating, it will be a shame. It was ******* the best episode & if it does not come back for a 3rd season then what a way to end it. I wanted more. Weaver the good T-1001 & John Henry... rouge Terminator's & the box...   :-*

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2009, 03:45 AM »
That episode was fan-*******-tastic.  Too bad that there hadn't been more of that during the middle of the season.  Unfortunately, while they answered a couple questions (and tied some strings together), the unanswered questions left don't look like they'll ever get answered.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2009, 10:21 AM »
SORT OF SPOILER

Does anyone think that maybe Shirley Manson and John Henry could be "good" machines in the future and the other group of machines that has now shown up are the "bad" ones?

MORE SPOILERS

I knew it.

I thought the "sex" scene between John and Cameron was odd.

And finally what the hell happened at the end? I'm not sure my understanding is correct.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2009, 10:40 AM »
And finally what the hell happened at the end? I'm not sure my understanding is correct.

John was transported to the future so he could be "introduced" to the resistance and earn his eventual leadership and legendary status.  So ... nothing has really changed.  We just now know how it happened.
 ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:40 AM by Neal »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2009, 12:00 PM »
That was an awesome finale. I'm really gonna miss this series. :(

The eel thing was really cool. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Didn't watch all of it since I was flipping between hockey, baseball and this but liked what I saw from the scene of the jail escape to the end. 

I haven't been following all the the talk about if this show is going to end or not so this may be a mute point but since Sarah Connor is not seen in the future could this be why people are talking about TSCC being over.  So next season instead of TSCC we get the John Connors Chronicles or something like that.  I doubt this would happen but it would through.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2009, 08:53 PM »
Well the rating was low so it looks like SCC maybe be done, will still have to wait tho.

This was posted Apr 11/09. Ratings Source: Mediaweek:

#1. Ghost Whisperer, 10.23,
#2. Wife Swap (repeat), 4.64,
#3. Howie Do It (2 Episodes), 3.86.
#4. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 3.56 & up from last week from 3.35, #4.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2009, 09:45 AM »
I will give everyone till tuesday before I talk more in depth on the show...

Otherwise - HOLY ****!!! That was by far the best episode EVER!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2009, 08:15 AM »
SORT OF SPOILER

Does anyone think that maybe Shirley Manson and John Henry could be "good" machines in the future and the other group of machines that has now shown up are the "bad" ones?

MORE SPOILERS

I knew it.

I thought the "sex" scene between John and Cameron was odd.

I'm a little confused myself.  I'm not sure why Cameron would give her chip to John Henry and how she could actually transfer it to John Henry.  I figured once he pulled the chip, her body can't function and I thought the wire sticking out of the back of his head was plugged into the chip socket.  If he plugged in her chip, is he now Cameron, John Henry or some combo of both.

Not too sure why he would go to the future either unless John Henry was trying to find his "brother".  The only part that made sense was that no one had heard of John Conner because he jumped past Judgement Day so he never grew up to lead the resistance.  I don't think jumping ahead to meet the resistance makes any sense unless he goes back to his own time.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52 AM »
John is now 16 years old in the future.  I'd say that gives him plenty of time to "grow up" and lead the resistance.  The T-1001 just made sure that happened by jumping him through time.