Author Topic: Terminator the Series  (Read 43608 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator the Series
« Reply #15 on: January 9, 2008, 03:06 AM »
I'm kinda confused by the timeline of the show... I assume it takes place when Sarah Connor is pregnant and the woman is the Terminator sent back in time to protect her? Who's that dude then?

I agree with Jesse, I'd rather see a series based on a squad of soldiers set during the war. Make it kind of like Band of Brothers, but in the future... and with machines as the enemy. Nevertheless, I'll try and check it out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: January 9, 2008, 04:10 AM »
Takes place after T2:

Prompted by the return of the Terminators into their lives, Sarah and John decide to stop running and focus on stopping the birth of Skynet. They are aided by Cameron, a Terminator who poses as a student at John's school and whose mission is to protect John. Meanwhile, FBI Agent James Ellison pursues Sarah and John with the belief that Sarah is deranged.[21][22]

An advanced script review by TV Squad revealed that time travel will play a major role in the series premiere including a temporal leap for the main characters from 1998 to 2006.[23] (The pilot episode as broadcast takes place in 1999 with a jump to 2007.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 9, 2008, 08:31 AM »
Looks low budget..Shouldve also have gotten some of Arnold stunt doubles or guys that work at Universal's T2-3D show.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 07:26 AM »
I'm kinda confused by the timeline of the show... I assume it takes place when Sarah Connor is pregnant and the woman is the Terminator sent back in time to protect her? Who's that dude then?

I agree with Jesse, I'd rather see a series based on a squad of soldiers set during the war. Make it kind of like Band of Brothers, but in the future... and with machines as the enemy. Nevertheless, I'll try and check it out.

I believe that is supposed to be the plot line of a future Terminator movie if they actually go that route.  I've heard rumors of doing three more Terminator movies to take place after T3.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I believe that is supposed to be the plot line of a future Terminator movie if they actually go that route.  I've heard rumors of doing three more Terminator movies to take place after T3.

Yeah, they are definitely pitching a new trilogy, supposedly wth Christian Bale as John Connor...

Not that excited about the show, but a "robot war" based T4 could be good stuff for a summer blockbuster.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 07:24 AM »
Cheesey line from a commercial last night, but I had to laugh.  Sarah is taking John and the Terminator to school.  As they are getting into the car, John says I call shotgun, and the Terminator says I call 9mm.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 02:04 AM »
I want Arnie to make a cameo.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 10:32 AM »
I was really hoping for a future-wars series against the terminators like we always got glimpses of in the films.  That's keeping my interest a little lower on this series.  I am however amped to see that show where people are hooked to lie detectors and asked if they'd cheat on their wives.  That looks fantastic.

You may stil get your wish.  Others probably know more about this, but T4 is in the works and that story is supposed to take place in the future, post skynet's attack.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I'd rather see a high-budget war movie than a low budget war show. Band of Brothers was great, but it didn't have robots & blasters.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Anyone know what time/channel this is on tonight?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 03:59 PM »

**2-NIGHT SERIES PREMIERE, PART 1**
“TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES”   
Visit the TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES web site

IT’S TIME TO TAKE BACK THE FUTURE ON AN ALL-NEW TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, ON FOX

In the series premiere, Sarah Connor struggles to keep her son John Connor safe from an enemy Terminator from the future. She uproots their lives and takes him to live in a small town in New Mexico where he befriends Cameron who ultimately becomes his protector. Meanwhile, FBI Agent James Ellison continues his hunt for Sarah Connor in the “Pilot” episode of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES airing Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SCC-101) (TV-14) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 [VIEWER’S NOTE: THE SIMPSONS and KING OF THE HILL are preempted this night.]

**2-NIGHT SERIES PREMIERE, PART 2 / TIMEPERIOD PREMIERE**
“TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES”   
Visit the TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES web site

SARAH, JOHN AND CAMERON STRUGGLE TO “KNOW THYSELF” ON AN ALL-NEW “TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES” MONDAY, JANUARY 14 ON FOX - AIRING IN ITS REGULAR TIMEPERIOD

Sarah makes contact with an old friend to ask a favor, while John decides to pay a visit to Sarah’s ex and Cameron makes a new friend. Together they infiltrate a resistance safe house and discover they are not alone. Meanwhile, Agent Ellison realizes that Sarah is still alive and a dangerous person from Sarah’s past is reawakened in the “Gnothi Seauton” episode of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES airing Monday, Jan. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SCC-102) (TV-14; L, V ) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Caught this tonight.  Not too bad...  I'll give the second half a watch tomorrow and see if this becomes a regular view for me.  I'm not convinced just yet that she pulls of the Terminator role, but I'll see how tomorrow goes.

Anyone else watch tonight?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I wanted to see it, but missed it.  The joy of an 8-year old.  I'll see it in syndication.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 11:24 PM »
I just happened to catch the pilot episode late last night on TV Links. I must say I was very impressed with this & will have to watch this series. Clicky link above if it has not been pulled to have a gander.  ;)

Oh, Lena Headey is hot! 

I'm watching it right now but it's the same as I watched on TV Links back in July but sadly that site is no longer.  :'(  Can be found on the net tho.  ;)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 11:48 PM »
I was okay with it.  I'll definitely be tuning in Monday night for part 2.  I'm going to watch it on a week-to-week basis though.  If it goes south I'll just stop.

So far, though, it had plenty of action and the plot wasn't terrible.  The acting is good, I recognized almost everyone in the show, and that always helps.  IMDB is listing it at 12 episodes and as long as Fox lets it play out it might be worth watching.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"