Author Topic: Terminator the Series  (Read 43598 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Terminator the Series
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2008, 05:42 PM »
After watching last night's episode I no longer feel the need to waste an hour of my week on this ****fest of a show.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Sorry....double post.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:38 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2008, 05:48 PM »
After watching last night's episode I have decided no longer feel the need to waste an hour watching this crapfest of a show.

After reading your multiple posts I have decided no longer feel the need to waste time rereading multiple posts from you.   ;)

I thought the show was okay - I'll keep watching for now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2008, 07:02 PM »
I liked it.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I caught it last night & it peeks my interest. Heck, it got 18.3 million viewers on Sunday night. Monday's audience dropped more than 44 percent tho, normal.

As for the Chickinator, a nice nod to naming her Cameron. Also that unknown cyborg scan, should be interesting to find out what she really is. Do they know there's a T-800 in the Governor's chair in California?  :-X  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2008, 08:06 PM »
A couple things bothered me about last night show.

When the Terminator blew up in 1999, how did parts (head and rest of the body) end up coming through to 2007? I saw the head come through but the body too???

And since when can the body move and operate independently of the head, let alone track down said missing head?

Funniest part - Sarah dumping Cameron out the window onto the car.  ;D

Best part - Cameronator in a mini-skirt  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48 PM »
A couple things bothered me about last night show.

When the Terminator blew up in 1999, how did parts (head and rest of the body) end up coming through to 2007? I saw the head come through but the body too???

And since when can the body move and operate independently of the head, let alone track down said missing head?

Funniest part - Sarah dumping Cameron out the window onto the car.  ;D

Best part - Cameronator in a mini-skirt  ;)

I had a few problems with this as well.  Near as I can tell, only biological matter can time travel, or at least things surrounded by biological matter (which is an odd premise in the first place).  Since they were in the process of shooting the terminator in 99, he wasn't quite blown up by the time they time traveled.  The termy got caught in the wave, but because he had metal exposed (and was being shot by odd laser I guess) he blew up.

As for the head controlling the body - that doesn't seem so odd or out of the realm of possibility.  If the head is a hub, a wireless connection from the head to limbs makes a lot of sense for battle - machines could keep coming even if wounded or blown apart.  Saves skynet from having to make a new termy,
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:49 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Hmmm, biological matter can time travel. Arnie had organic skin & traveled thru time, possibility that the head still had a few layers of flesh that were still burning off as it went through the time thingy?

Interesting:

TERMINATOR MODEL: I-950

Design mods from previous models: Totally biological, instead of being developed in a factory an I model is made from a newborn baby that is psycologically augmented via a neural net processor uplink to Skynet in order to strip it of it's emotions. Then an aging accelerant is used to cause the infant to matue in a short span.

Capabilites: Inability to be detected by dogs, fully biological make-up.

The dogs went ape**** on the Chickinator tho.

TERMINATOR MODEL: T-888 (Cromartie)

Meh, it's just a TV show.  :P

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2008, 08:14 AM »
There are a number of inconsistent pieces... But I am trying to remain open-minded and enjoy it for what it is...

And it works... Turn up the sound and enjoy ...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2008, 09:20 AM »
If only you guys knew the guy who wrote the first two episodes and is running the show. He's one of us. That said, the first two shows weren't bad, but not great. They definitely fall into TV formula which is an inevitable side effect of anything on network TV. Like all shows, it could have found it's legs and make something of itself, but the strike won't really let that happen. Do have to say that it's doing it's job in building mythology well enough to hold my interest.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Anyone watch the 3rd episode? I just finished watching it, only thing I liked was seeing the Terminator get ready for his skin bath. The look on that poor scientist's face.  ;D

Best line: She has a medal plate in her head, a big one...  :D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Anyone watch the 3rd episode? I just finished watching it, only thing I liked was seeing the Terminator get ready for his skin bath. The look on that poor scientist's face.  ;D

Best line: She has a medal plate in her head, a big one...  :D

I have it taped, but haven't watched it yet.  I was pretty happy with the first two, so hoping they can keep up a fast pace and strong storyline.

Just one more week until we get Lost back!  Hooray!  Anyone know how many episodes they were able to finish before the writer's strike?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Anyone know how many episodes they were able to finish before the writer's strike?

I believe that they completed eight episodes.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2008, 12:37 AM »
I can confirm 8.

I'm actually not even looking forward to this show anymore.  Honestly, I just want them to tell me what the freakin' island is about and be done with it.  Getting a short season after waiting so long doesn't get me hyped up for it, it's actually a pain thinking that it'll just be getting up and going and then it's over for some indefinite period of time.

I like to get paid for working too, but this WGA strike is really just pissing me off at this point.  There are at least 3 shows on that I love that have built-in ending plans (Lost, Smallville, BSG) that are all ****** up now because of this strike.  If any of those three get canned before wrapping things up I'm driving to LA with a baseball bat to get some swings in at the picket lines.

Edit >> On topic, I'm digging the new Terminator series.  There's a potential for it to get really goofy really fast, but so far I think it has a good balance.  The Terminator finding his head was a little out there but other than that I've been fine with where they're headed.

E...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:40 AM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2008, 11:01 AM »
Personally, I'm liking the new Terminator series immensly... it's different from any other shows on TV right now and with no 24 so far this year, this is holding me over.

As for the Terminator traveling through time, my understanding was the body itself was buried for several years in the debris from the bank, and therefor did not travel through time...