Author Topic: Terminator the Series  (Read 43599 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator the Series
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49 AM »
I'm hearing that this show got the ol' midseason axe from Fox. Anyone want to confirm?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 01:54 AM »
I read differently. Here
I remember my dream now.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 07:29 AM »
I would think the show would be back.  It did pretty solidly in the ratings for a Fox show.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2008, 08:05 AM »
I read differently. Here

I thought the ratings were pretty strong from Entertainment Weekly.  I think it will be back.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Personally I could never get into this show. It just doesn't feel right for some reason. Maybe its the writting? I don't know. 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Personally I could never get into this show. It just doesn't feel right for some reason. Maybe its the writting? I don't know. 

Same here.  I tried watching several of the episodes, but I always wound up just doing other things.  Nothing ever really grabbed my attention.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2008, 09:42 PM »
I like it. It took a bit to get going but once it did it's awesome.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 01:50 PM »
How exactly does this show fit in the "timeline" a the movies.  Is it totally obliterating the 3rd movie?  If I remember correctly J Connor was really suprised to have seen Arnie/any other Terminator thinking that they'd done the job in the 2nd movie.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Personally I would rather forget about the third movie. That movie had the worst possible ending for the series.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Personally I would rather forget about the third movie. That movie had the worst possible ending for the series.

I think I'm with you on that one.  I think it would be possible to use the show as somewhat of a timeline correcting device to lead into the next film and from the couple articles I read, Fox giving the show another season, might be it's goal.

On the other hand, the new film could completely ignore what's going on with the TV series and just move forward, building on what's been shown in the films.  After all, it's not like the show "Smallville" had much of an impact on what was done to re-launch the big screen Superman franchise.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 11:57 AM »
I only watched the first episode of the Terminator series.  I wasn't impressed and decided there were other things I could do with my time. 

As for the movie T3, am I the only person who actually liked that movie?  I thought the ending was decent and although some of the acting was a little odd, I liked the direction the movie went.  Just my .02 on it though.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2008, 10:58 PM »
There was an episode that mentioned the group jumped ahead in time to pass over the year Sarah dies from cancer, which was what happened prior to T3.  So I'd say they didn't ignore it, but rather retconned the future by skipping her natural death.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2008, 12:20 AM »
Did anyone catch the last episode of the season? I loved it!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2008, 04:49 PM »
There was an episode that mentioned the group jumped ahead in time to pass over the year Sarah dies from cancer, which was what happened prior to T3.  So I'd say they didn't ignore it, but rather retconned the future by skipping her natural death.

Gottcha, but eventually the cancer will catch up with her unless a Term gets her first, that is of course unless time travel is the miracle cure for cancer, wouldn't that be a b!$&*^
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2008, 02:13 PM »
I remember my dream now.