Author Topic: Terminator the Series  (Read 43605 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator the Series
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Finally watched Monday's episode last night. The chick fight was hillarious, especially when the little kid is looking at the 2 of them.

Few questions that the show leaves you with...
What is the AWOL girl from the future up to?
What reason does Skynet have for going after the doc? Is it because of his involvment with the Conors, or his involvment with Skynet?
What was up with John when the gun discharged?

Why is a math book so sad?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Monday's episode was made of awesome. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2008, 10:21 PM »
The ? is will Weaver's become protective of the daughter and wil realize that by SN becoming operational will mean the child will most likey die?  Will she become a hero?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13 PM »
The ? is will Weaver's become protective of the daughter and wil realize that by SN becoming operational will mean the child will most likey die?  Will she become a hero?

I don't think that's the way it will play out, but you never know.  I think she's just using the kid to better understand what drives humanity.  If anything, its going to enable skynet to build better infiltrator termies.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 4, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Finally after some time off the air, a new episode. Well that one left a few questions? I still have not figured out Riley. Cromartie letting Ellison live to lead him to John... dunno. Weaver, I have no idea what she was up to. Letting the 4th guy live in the bowling alley, yeah big mistake.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 5, 2008, 12:14 AM »
Finally after some time off the air, a new episode. Well that one left a few questions? I still have not figured out Riley. Cromartie letting Ellison live to lead him to John... dunno. Weaver, I have no idea what she was up to. Letting the 4th guy live in the bowling alley, yeah big mistake.

Don't be spoilerific - some of us don't watch until later in the week.  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 8, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Well I guess later in the week it shall be starting in February, still think Wednesday next to Night Rider would have been better to get that garbage of the air. 

Sarah Connor to Jump Nights in Early '09

So anyone still watching this, getting pretty good IMO.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 8, 2008, 10:29 PM »
So are the T's actually at war with other?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 8, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Well I guess later in the week it shall be starting in February, still think Wednesday next to Night Rider would have been better to get that garbage of the air. 

*SPOILERS!*

Personally, I thought this season was going pretty well, but the last episode was a setback IMO.  There seem to be two, maybe three seperate forces of terminators with seperate objectives at this point, which seems a little goofy for skynet to allow.  They sent (yet another) termy back this week and he lasted all of 60 seconds...used to be they'd make a full 2hr movie about each new terminator, but now they're practically a subplot.  I'm still watching, but let's settle down on the new termy per episode.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 9, 2008, 12:12 AM »
So are the T's actually at war with other?

Dunno, there seems to be different units of the Terminators but only 3 that I can see in the terminatorwiki but that should be 4 if you include Victoria in the bitch fight.

Amount of T-888 Units that have appeared within the series:
6 Units as follows:
'Carter': (Mission was to secure a supply of Coltan) - Was locked in a sealed bunker
Killed at least 3
'Vick': (Mission was ensure functionality of an A.I. system) - Terminated by Cameron
Killed at least 5 (Including 3 members of Dereks safehouse, Jessica Peck & Barbara Chamberlain)
'Greenway': (Mission was to cause a failure in a nuclear plants systems) - Terminated By Cameron
At least 1 (Carl Greenway)
'Bedell Assassin' (Mission was to terminate Martin Bedell) - Terminated By Derek Reese
Killed at least 1 (Martin Bedell)
'Victora' (Mission was to terminate Dr. Boyd Sherman) - Terminated By Cameron
Killed at least 2 (Bus driver, Dr. Sherman's receptionist)
'Ellison' (Mission was to terminate James Ellison) - Terminated by Cromartie
Killed at 1 (Peter Myers)

This Victoria unit was different & not a T-888 like the others. She had movements that the other don't do plus having a chip that will self destruct, a litte advanced?

Weaver is a T-1001, liquid version & more advanced. Cameron is known as a TOK-715 version, her behavior is much different.

Chromartie is showing different actions unlike other Terminators, thinking & learning kinda like Weaver is showing interest in the child acting like a human maybe to better understand humans or becoming more self aware.

Maybe we are seeing certain Terminator units from different future time lines arriving?

Whatever the game is, well fine out more in time I guess.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 9, 2008, 12:17 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2008, 07:35 AM »

Oh well, it was good for two seasons.  You could almost guarentee this this show will not last past this season with a shift to Friday.  Fox shifts shows to Friday to kill them off by saying they have low ratings.  Of course, most people go out on Fridays.  Maybe with the poor economy people will stay home and watch.  However, Fox isn't looking at the geek factor.  Sci-Fi channel already has established a geek following for original programming on Friday nights.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Not sure what Terminator goes up against up here at that time, no Sci-Fi channel unless ya pay the bucks to get it. I agree that Friday night is a bad night like you mentioned, it's the start of the weekend & people go see a new flick or hit the bars.

Tonights episode is a must watch from what I have read on the net & seeing the trailer that looks like it has lots of action. Not to have any spoilers attached below  :P  ...

This one is said to be a big episode with some events that might change the series forever.

Also FOX is having a live chat with a cast member from the looks of it after tonights episode, the chat starts at 9pm ET on the Terminator Wiki @ FOX is anyone is interested.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2008, 12:28 PM »

Oh well, it was good for two seasons.  You could almost guarentee this this show will not last past this season with a shift to Friday.  Fox shifts shows to Friday to kill them off by saying they have low ratings.  Of course, most people go out on Fridays.  Maybe with the poor economy people will stay home and watch.  However, Fox isn't looking at the geek factor.  Sci-Fi channel already has established a geek following for original programming on Friday nights.

True, but Sci-Fi is loosing Stargate Atlantis in January, and BSG is gone after this season. That leaves Dr. Who which is mostly durring the summer, and Sanctuary to anchor the Friday night spot. Friday nights big stuff is NCIS and Numb3rs.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2008, 07:26 AM »

True, but Sci-Fi is loosing Stargate Atlantis in January, and BSG is gone after this season. That leaves Dr. Who which is mostly durring the summer, and Sanctuary to anchor the Friday night spot. Friday nights big stuff is NCIS and Numb3rs.

I was more thinking that Sci-Fi channel would be more of a draw of the people who like Terminator.  I believe NCIS skews more to the older crowd.  I would think it should be winding up at some point.

Last nights episode was awesome.  I can't wait to see where they go with the story line next week.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2008, 08:31 AM »
A very good episode last night, it just drew me into it wanting more. Still a few questions but some others may have not seen the episode yet, will wait.  :P